MAY 2013 - PTR....hooray!!!

Busy Busy

DIS Veteran
Hi everybody,

It's time to try a PTR - this holiday is hurtling towards us and I'm worried that it will all be over in a blurr if I don't stop and think a little bit - so, here we go!!

DH has a "conference" :rotfl2: in Las Vegas in early May - don't worry, I don't actually think that he's going to get any work done, but he works REALLY hard here at home, so he deserves to go and hang with the nerds at the whatever it's called computer thingy convention.

Saturday 4th of May 2013 - DH leaves us all alone here at home and flies to Las Vegas. :(

Tuesday 7th of May 2013 - DSIL (hubs' sister) arrives in Las Vegas from London. She's not going to the conference, but they are looking forward to spending some time together - it's been 18 months since we have seen her. :)

Friday 10th of May 2013 - DH and DSIL will catch the "red eye" to NYC. :eek:

Monday 13th of May 2013 - DS15, DD8 and I leave Sydney for NYC. We have one of those quick stops in LA (about 2 hours between flights), hopefully enough time for me to grab a People magazine and a packet of Raisinets after the nightmare of customs! :goodvibes

Friday 17th of May 2013 - DSIL leaves NYC to head home to London. :hug:

Monday 20th of May - fly from NYC to Orlando, Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside where we have a Princess room with a pool view...DS15 is going to be thrilled...hahaha. :yay:

Sunday 2nd of June 2013 - fly from Orando to Las Vegas. Even though DH will have been there 3 weeks before - we want to swim, shop and go to the Cheescake Factory!! :cloud9:

Wednesday 5th of June 2013 - fly home to Sydney via LA.

Friday 7th of June - arrive home, cry, start planning next holiday!!

I have a lot of things planned already, I will add more things as I go along.

Enough rambling - now to get DH to set up my ticker - I'm useless!! :badpc:

Yay! We go to Disneyland in May.

I'm a bit scared to get too excited, because it may drag the days out even longer:rotfl2:

Never been to NY, would love to go to WDW (maybe one day when I convince hubby he won't die on the long, long flight), and we loved Las Vegas.

Looking forward to hearing about your planning.

I thought I replied to this one! Oh well...

"Yay!, looking forward to sharing the angst with you"

Not sure if you've been to NYC before but if you haven't - you are going to love love love it!!!!!!

You've got a seriously tight connection at LAX on to NYC. Yikes. Be prepared to walk fast to your gate :rotfl2:.

Looks like a great holiday. Looking forward to following along.

Sounds like a great schedule of places to visit, will be following with interest popcorn::

Hi again,

Ms. Shuttergirl - yes we have been to NYC before - and we can't wait to get back there for more. I think of New York and the times that I have been there EVERY day - for DH and I it's heaven and a whole week there this time has me beside myself!! The only thing that makes leaving NYC OK is that we will be heading to WDW - otherwise you would hear about me chained to the door of the Sephora in Times Square!!

As for the quick connection at LAX, my friend did it last year with her DH and 3 kids and she said that things went very well, and when we flew in 2011 the cabin crew on the plane gave out priority cards to people with tight timing and they were sent through a special customs line - wow I hope that this still exists!! I'm also hoping that since we are flying on Delta into and out of LAX, things will be easier. If all else fails I'll have my Raisinets and the kids and I can have a picnic in the airport!! (I REALLY don't want to have a picnic!!)

DH's birthday is on our last full day in WDW - I have booked Crystal Palace for breakfast and we plan to have a wonderful MK day - I had to laugh when I read last night that this is the day for Gay Days at the MK - it will definitely be a day to remember!! :rotfl2:

Lastly - does anybody have any "must do" things in NYC - we have been before with the kids, and I need some new suggestions. :confused3

Happy Australia Day for tomorrow!! :)

Just about every night someone will bring up something that we did on our 2011 trip !

I have American Girl booked in NYC. We kind of have an obsession with it after last time - it was the most amazing girly experience EVER!! We ate lunch in the cafe, with the doll in her own chair, and just had the most lovely day.

While we were there, DH and DS popped in and I was so glad because DH realised how amazing it all was and didn't moan later about how much money I had spent!!

So now on this trip I was planning on going back just to maybe get another outfit or two for the doll that DD8 already has BUT somebody at American Girl must have known that I was planning a cheap visit to them, because they have now released a special doll that not only looks like our DD but has the SAME NAME!!!! How could we not go?!?!?!?!

PS....we are taking DSIL - so maybe I can offset some of the cost!!! ;)

How exciting for ou Busy Busy!!

As for the quick connection at LAX, my friend did it last year with her DH and 3 kids and she said that things went very well, and when we flew in 2011 the cabin crew on the plane gave out priority cards to people with tight timing and they were sent through a special customs line - wow I hope that this still exists!! :)

Yes we got given one of these on our trip when our QF flight was late into LAX making our AA connection to Orlando really tight. What a relief it was and called it the LAX Fastpass :rotfl2:

BOOO, BOOO, triple BOOOOO. :offtopic:

Our son - who has just turned 15 - plays cricket, and last August he was chosen to play for our area in the AW Green Shield team. It's is a huge achievement and we are all very proud of him - including my dad who played AW Green Shield cricket back when he was 16. :thumbsup2

So, this month we have traipsed all over town to watch him play - Coogee, Blacktown, Drummoyne, Waitara - just about everywhere!! :moped:

Now, after a GREAT run, his team are in the final tomorrow - the first time in 20 years. We are all ready to go, chairs, blankets, esky, lunch, mars bar slice....BUT - it's POURING RAIN!! :sad2:

I had to vent.....I'm done now (still REALLY disappointed though)!! :sad:

Our son - who has just turned 15 - plays cricket, and last August he was chosen to play for our area in the AW Green Shield team. It's is a huge achievement and we are all very proud of him - including my dad who played AW Green Shield cricket back when he was 16. :thumbsup2

So, this month we have traipsed all over town to watch him play - Coogee, Blacktown, Drummoyne, Waitara - just about everywhere!! :moped:

Now, after a GREAT run, his team are in the final tomorrow - the first time in 20 years. We are all ready to go, chairs, blankets, esky, lunch, mars bar slice....BUT - it's POURING RAIN!! :sad2:

When it rains, it pours! :flower3:

The match will probably be rescheduled, right?

ps. Don't forget to drink up the Esky and eat the lunch and mars bar slice tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Hey busy busy :wave2:
My best friends two sons both play green shield, I know how much cricket takes over your life. My DS plays cricket but only played to rep level.
Who does your son play for?

Your trip sounds fantastic, lucky you can take your kids out of school:thumbsup2
Look forward to following along!

He plays for Sutherland and tomorrow they are playing Fairfield-Liverpool - I hope!!

Over the years in rep cricket we have had 2 major games rained out, I remember all of us on our hands and knees trying to mop up the water on a pitch in Blacktown and another time watching the entire field become a lake at a final in Hornsby.....memories...!! :sad:

We have pitch covers at Glenn McGrath Oval, but you can't play if it's raining!! Either way, he's in bed all carbed up and ready to go, and at least lunch for tomorrow is made.

PS...don't worry - the mars bar slice will definitely be eaten!! ;)

I can help with the Mars Bar slice. What a great achievement for your son

Loving the plans. Where are you staying n New York

Happy to help with the mars bar slice too;)
Hope they end up playing, good luck :goodvibes

Hi all,

You are so generous with your offers to chomp down my mars bar slice!! I would make you all one an deliver it to you if it meant that things were going to start in this game!!

Covers have been on and off twice now - a lot of standing around and looking up is happening!! We will have another pitch inspection at 10.30am during which time they will probably ask "can anybody see the pitch"?! The boys are in the club house, 2 are tossing a ball to each other (one of them is my son) and the rest are around a table playing cards!! If this was channel 9, the commentary would be sending us off for an episode of Gillagan's Island right about now!! :sick:

Oh well....back to planning....GoGo65 - we are staying at the Salisbury on West 57th, we have stayed at the Doubletree Times Square twice before and it was FABULOUS. On this trip we will be more budget conscious, friends have stayed at the Salisbury and so we'll give it a go. It ended up $2,500 cheaper than the Doubletree for the total of 9 nights - so that means that I just might get a visit to Tiffany!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Looks like we'll be joint premiers here....sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter