May 2010 WDW DIS Meet...May 2009 was great let's do it again!

Angela that was a fun fun time! We shall do that again, there were cute Norweigans, yummy sandwich and pretzel break in Norway, Kim Possible adventures, feeding puppet things our drinks, photo break with Mulan, two fisting some really good drinks (I didn't do that or anything) :rotfl:

I'll never forget Ken's response to a CM when we were leaving the World Showcase 'no I don't have anything in this cup its just wal-cahol' :rotfl2:

Also our nap at American Adventure is at the top of my list, I still don't know for sure that we fell asleep but I'm about 87% certain. I think I was fading in & out of consciousness and getting annoyed at the person sitting next to/behind us that kept announcing the animatronic characters as they would appear since they kept waking me up. Pretty sure the fact I was wore out and borderline delirious at that point makes it seem so much funnier now than what it really was. I have laughed so hard I have cried telling that story. Krista and Angela were not playin' that afternoon, we were after a nap! lol

That was the best non-nap I ever had :lmao: I feel like I saw the whole show but I know I must have fallen asleep at some point because I felt so refreshed when we left LOL.

Oh, and don't forget about the crying kid behind us and how her Mother ignored her so she wouldn't have to take her out :sad2:

What day was that? I am still trying to figure out how we missed you guys. I have a feeling this was the day of our CA Grill dinner.

The American Adventure nap happened on Saturday. Krista and I hung out at EPCOT and had a great time discovering the Lossburg Lemonade - yummy!!!

The Kim Possible Adventure/Drinking Around the World happened on Sunday after the DISboards Mammoth May Meet. So much fun - definately a must do for the next trip!

OH, OH, OH....Count me in!!! I'll see if I can twist Tom's arm and make him join us!
My AP expires 05.16.10 (Sunday) so I may be interested in going Thurs-Sun!!
WoooHooo! I had a ball last month...now I can't wait until next May!!
RoseAnne

You can stay longer - you will definatley be renewing you AP :yay:

Next year is my 45th bday - and what better place to celeberate it that at WDW. Will have to decide is I will postpone celebrating until May.

Last May was the BEST disney trip EVER!

I know I'll end up renewing my AP...you Dis people are such a bad influence!!!:worship:

Yeah, that was a really tough sell :lmao: I'll have to re-up my AP in September. No brainer there :).

Tom and Roseanne -

Glad to see you'll be coming back! Hopefully I'll get a chance to spend some time with you both!

Next year is my 45th bday - and what better place to celeberate it that at WDW. Will have to decide is I will postpone celebrating until May.

Last May was the BEST disney trip EVER!

I'll be turning 42 next May and I agree - WDW is the perfect place to spend a birthday! Last May was my first DISmeet but it definately won't be my last!!! I can't wait for next May!

I already spoke to Tom this morning and I believe he is in!!
No twisting involved...whew! That was easy!!! ;)

Yeah, that was a really tough sell :lmao: I'll have to re-up my AP in September. No brainer there :).

YAY!! We will have to find Kenneth!

That was the best non-nap I ever had :lmao: I feel like I saw the whole show but I know I must have fallen asleep at some point because I felt so refreshed when we left LOL.

Oh, and don't forget about the crying kid behind us and how her Mother ignored her so she wouldn't have to take her out :sad2:

The American Adventure nap happened on Saturday. Krista and I hung out at EPCOT and had a great time discovering the Lossburg Lemonade - yummy!!!

The Kim Possible Adventure/Drinking Around the World happened on Sunday after the DISboards Mammoth May Meet. So much fun - definately a must do for the next trip!

That's funny...I almost fell asleep in the Universe of Energy...still wasn't feeling so hot and that ride was just lulling me to sleep.

Yes...Sunday was CA Grill so I think we left Epcot early.

That's funny...I almost fell asleep in the Universe of Energy...still wasn't feeling so hot and that ride was just lulling me to sleep.

I've never done Universe of Energy. I guess I'll have to check it out next May :thumbsup2

If you are looking for an afternoon nap and don't want to go back to your hotel I recommend it ;)

Is this the attraction that lasts 45 minutes? If so, that sounds like a great place to take a nap!

If you are looking for an afternoon nap and don't want to go back to your hotel I recommend it ;)

I like Spaceship Earth, it is dark and you are almost always in a reclining position. Though if you fall asleep you might miss some of the wardrobe malfunctions......

Just found this thread and it sounds like fun. At 57 and a lifelong single guy, I'd love to join in. Only other Dismeet was at DL with NurseDarcy and Bloodhound and a few nonDis friends. Pop sounds good to me, spent one night there in Jan. after a week at Movies. I'll be making three trips in the next year, so AP for me.

I was wondering if we could get an idea of who's thinking of staying where all in one place, so we can all plan for it. I noticed a couple others thinking of renting points, and that has to be done far in advance (already past the 11 month mark!).

Also, I know most of you know each other well, but I was hoping to get to know the ppl planning to go?? :goodvibes

I was wondering if we could get an idea of who's thinking of staying where all in one place, so we can all plan for it. I noticed a couple others thinking of renting points, and that has to be done far in advance (already past the 11 month mark!).

Also, I know most of you know each other well, but I was hoping to get to know the ppl planning to go?? :goodvibes

If people post it or send me a PM I can add that info to the first post. A big group of us were at POP last year but there were people staying all over the place.

You have plenty of time to get to know all of us :). By the time May rolled around meeting most of these people in person was just a formality. We had gotten to know each other pretty well over the thread and facebook.

Most are on facebook?? Is there a group or just via messages and such? :cool1:

So can anyone tell me about the Kim Possible thingy you were mentioning you did last year? Would you do it again? (adding the drinking around the world prob helps too...:rotfl: )

Anyway after giving it more thought I'll probably stay at POFQ maybe..?? I'd LOVE to stay at BLT as DH doesn't care to on our Oct 2010 trip (will stay at BCV instead...). But it's a little more expensive to rent points than stay in a mod, esp with a free night coupon.

And I think I've mentioned this but my name's Lauren, I'm 26, coming up on our 2 year anniversary (2 days!!), live in Mass. and work in Newport, RI as an engineer...oh and my dogs are my kids! (for now at least...)

If anyone wants to add me on facebook I'm Lauren Geurtsen (shouldn't be too many of those :laughing: )

Most are on facebook?? Is there a group or just via messages and such? :cool1:

So can anyone tell me about the Kim Possible thingy you were mentioning you did last year? Would you do it again? (adding the drinking around the world prob helps too...:rotfl: )

Anyway after giving it more thought I'll probably stay at POFQ maybe..?? I'd LOVE to stay at BLT as DH doesn't care to on our Oct 2010 trip (will stay at BCV instead...). But it's a little more expensive to rent points than stay in a mod, esp with a free night coupon.

And I think I've mentioned this but my name's Lauren, I'm 26, coming up on our 2 year anniversary (2 days!!), live in Mass. and work in Newport, RI as an engineer...oh and my dogs are my kids! (for now at least...)

If anyone wants to add me on facebook I'm Lauren Geurtsen (shouldn't be too many of those :laughing: )

I'll send you my facebook info in a PM. We all just managed to find each other on there :)

I did the Kim Possible thing with my daughter. You go to the kiosk and get a pass with your return time for your mission. When you return to the kiosk you are given a Kimmunicator (cell phone) and the country where your mission is at. You follow the clues on the Kimmunicator and you'll see some special effects, surprises, etc. It's pretty cool. We did France and Norway, I would like to do a few other countries.

YAY!! We will have to find Kenneth!
Poor guy... :guilty:

Yeah...stupid rain blew the chance of catching Illuminations from the VIP area at Italy. But it made that evening at the MK a lot of fun huddling under umbrellas and listening to "*our* Disney has that but *your* Disney has this..."

I have had good luck getting to BCV and BWV without being a DVC owner there. Though I am tempted to go for BLT... but am also considering staying at one of the resorts that I havent stayed at yet... have one booked but am always subject to changing things. :goodvibes

will look for you on FB Lauren

Amy... add me to the list please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter