• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truely believe that DCL just stands on the street corner and yells "who wants to work our phone lines for DCL?" I called and inquired about the rooms and was told in about 3 weeks we will know. Have you ever noticed that you get a different answer everytime you ask?

I truely believe that DCL just stands on the street corner and yells "who wants to work our phone lines for DCL?" I called and inquired about the rooms and was told in about 3 weeks we will know. Have you ever noticed that you get a different answer everytime you ask?

:eek: :crazy2: :sad2:

There are two online documents that they request that you have completed before you board the ship...supposedly speeds things up

Voice of experience here......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE print out your 3 important forms...
1..the Cruise contract Signatures, where the parents sign for the kids.
2.the cruiise contract form....with the last 4 digits of your credit card on it and the credit card owner signs it.
3. guest information...no signatures needed, but it has each guest's name on it and the emergency contact person.

I know these things....Connie

You know - that would explain so much, sometimes...

Once again, no time to catch up, but just when we thought Monday was bad enough, Tuesday came along . . .

Sophia and I were in a minor accident last night. We went to Value City to (of all things) buy my brother underwear (non-bedazzled) and take it to the hospital. We were stopped at a light to, turn left. A car came up behind us and hit us going between 5-10mph - jolting us pretty good. I got out of the car to take a look at damage, and a young, African-American kid with loud rap music playing motioned to me to pull over in a parking lot. I said no, and as I walked back to the car to call 911, he pulled around us and took off up the street. I got his license plate.

Funny - I focused so much on the kid and the license plate, that I could not even remember the color or make of the car (and I am usually good at those details). Had I been really thinking, I would have used the camera attached to the phone on my hip to take a picture.

We waited for the police for about 20 minutes, and another 1/2 hour to complete the report. What a day.

Still not sure what is wrong with my brother, they gave him two more units of blood yesterday - total now 5.

I wonder what Wednesday will bring?

And I take it that you and Sophia were ok?

I'm betting that you are really counting down the days until this trip arrives! Here's hoping it comes quickly for you!

This will kill my in box, but please if you are on the palo list (already on the list in my signature.)

Please confirm with first/last and cabin number of each person in your party. one person per party to confirm

We need this for the end of day (midnight) Thursday April 3rd.

We have been told that DCL will be looking at the requests this week, and will require confirmation of party members at the time of granting the request.

Pj

pj, I'm no longer on this cruise. Please take me off the list.

Denise Ezell

Also we heard that gang members are driving around at night with their lights out and if you flash yours to "remind" them, they shoot you. I don't think this has actually happened here in Orlando, but more in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

Thank goodness this is an urban myth......it circulates up here in Canada about twice a year..

There is a website that lists them...just cannot find it at this moment

Snopes.com is the one I use fairly regularly to debunk spam.

Here is the link to the truth behind the flashing of headlights:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

I went to Dillards on lunch and got a pair of shorts, tank top, capris and a nautical type athletic suit that is very comfy...best part I still have lots left on my gift certificate!!

I made a mistake of stopping by Beall's Outlet on my way home today to look at swimsuits. Got a really cute one for $19....it was $88!

But I also got a pair of knee length shorts, 3 tops and an aqua skirt to wear on Fiesta Night!

Sure, it was outlet priced, but I didn't go on "Senior's Day" so I didn't get my extra 15% off......Oh, well, I like all of it, I just hope the shorts fit. I didn't try them on1 :laundy:

I made a mistake of stopping by Beall's Outlet on my way home today to look at swimsuits. Got a really cute one for $19....it was $88!

But I also got a pair of knee length shorts, 3 tops and an aqua skirt to wear on Fiesta Night!

Sure, it was outlet priced, but I didn't go on "Senior's Day" so I didn't get my extra 15% off......Oh, well, I like all of it, I just hope the shorts fit. I didn't try them on1 :laundy:

Hello

Sound nice for swimsuits cost $88.

Hope it fit you.

Last Monday I went shopping with Olivia to put back some swimcostume as I bought two cos don't know which size suit me.

I spot a lovely blouse sales cost 12 pounds from 35 pounds (around $70.00), I bought it without try it on.

I came home and try it on oh it is lovely and suit me (phew) My husband said you should wear it at Mexico as lovely colour green, blue, brown & orange!! Aye, I know it sound horrible colour but lovely.

I sold Olivia's clothes on ebay:yay: :yay: Next I am selling Keith's clothes as some are new as some only worn on cruise last year that is all. All too small:sad2: Start selling it tom morning.

Scottishwee35:)

I just came across this on the main threads

"We sailed July 9th, 2005 (I know it's a month after you are sailing). The west coast usually has something called "June Gloom". June tends to be cloudy and cool. (especially in San Diego) We were COLD on our cruise. I hadn't brought sweatshirts because I thought "hey, its' Mexico! It's always hot!"

We sailed June 4-11, 2005. It was very windy and cold, we also didn't bring any jackets or long sleeved shirts, we ended up buying some onboard. In Mexico it was fine (it was hot), but coming back on the last sea day very few people in deck 9 since it was very windy."

Hmmmm, this might mean a few more hoodies

Any thoughts?

I would say it depends on what you are used to.

When we went in May 2005 it was quite warm for us.
This is what my Sister wore on May 12 at about 10am in the morning in DL:
100613.jpg

This is how my daughter was dressed on MAy 12 at about 9pm:
204127.jpg

If you want to see more pics that were taken of my family in DL in May of 2005 just click on the link to my photoalbum in my sig and on the left hand side under "Albums" select the one that reads: "Disneyland May 2005". It might give you an idea of weather that was had for the middle of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter