MaxPass help

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Ok, I get that the Maxpasses are planned fast passes that you purchase but still have a few questions...

- are they only for those rides that have fast passes or are others included?

- when do I purchased

- are there tips and tricks to scheduling/mapping out each day.

- can they be used for reservations like fantastic/dining

Any help would be appreciated for a MaxPass newbie!

- are they only for those rides that have fast passes or are others included?
Maxpass is ONLY for the rides that have the regular free paper fastpass

- when do I purchased
You buy Maxpass through the Disneyland AP once you have entered the parks.

- are there tips and tricks to scheduling/mapping out each day.
Maxpass rules are the same as the regular free paper fastpass
you can not have 2 fastpass for the same ride at the same time
You can book a new fastpass once you have used the current fastpass OR 90 minutes after the current fastpass has been booked, whichever is first

- can they be used for reservations like fantastic/dining
No currently the Fantasmic Fastpass is not on Maxpass. You can only get a paper Fantasmic Fastpass at the fastpass machine.
The dining packages are not on Maxpass. You need to book the dining packages through Disney Dining Reservations, either online or by phone

This was all super helpful...thanks!

Maxpass is ONLY for the rides that have the regular free paper fastpass

You buy Maxpass through the Disneyland AP once you have entered the parks.

Maxpass rules are the same as the regular free paper fastpass
you can not have 2 fastpass for the same ride at the same time
You can book a new fastpass once you have used the current fastpass OR 90 minutes after the current fastpass has been booked, whichever is first

No currently the Fantasmic Fastpass is not on Maxpass. You can only get a paper Fantasmic Fastpass at the fastpass machine.
The dining packages are not on Maxpass. You need to book the dining packages through Disney Dining Reservations, either online or by phone

This is prob a no and asked a million times but can you have a MaxPass and a paper fast pass at the same time?

MaxPass are not planned fastpasses. You cannot book your first MaxPass until you come through the gates that day. In addition to phone and website, you can also make many dining reservations via the app.

The difference between FP and MP though is that on MP you can have a pass every 90 minutes. Without MP its 120 minutes.

I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I’ve heard of “stacking” Fastpasses lately. What does that mean and does it apply to MaxPass?

MaxPass worked really well if you get it early in the day and use it throughout the day into the evening. You are watching the FP times roll forward as the day progresses. One day we were setting them up and still watching during our midday break (once activated, we could still add FP from our hotel room at Paradise Pier). So we returned after a break, on a busy Friday night (mid October) to DCA, with FP stacked up, 6-7, 7-8, 8-9 for RSR, Incredicoaster, and TS Mania. The standby lines were very long for all 3. (We booked the RSR fairly early, Incredicoaster was closed most of the day, but we saw them testing it from the hotel room, and jumped once they reopened it to get a FP).

The other thing that works is when a ride goes down, if you have a FP, you get a anytime FP to use in that park that day. And the rides go down often. We had at least one a day. Some days 2, and we did not even use them all.

This was our first trip using MaxPass, we were learning as the trip went on. We are from east coast, WDW guests more often.

MaxPass also includes Photopass photos. Usually we don't care much about photos, but we took a lot last weekend since we were dressed up for Dapper Day, and it was nice to see all those photos for no extra cost.

When using MP are the two parks linked or is it like using the paper ones where you can get a FP from each park without waiting the 1 1/2 to 2 hr gap?

When using MP are the two parks linked or is it like using the paper ones where you can get a FP from each park without waiting the 1 1/2 to 2 hr gap?
They’re linked now for everyone, whether you’re using Maxpass or the “paper” FPs (which are now linked to your ticket media and viewable/cancelable from the app even without Maxpass - you just can’t book new ones with the app without Maxpass).

One tip based on my first experience... take note in the app of when it says you’re next Fastpass selection becomes available. I was surprised just how quickly I would get more Fastpasses. I would end up with almost more than I could use.

Also, it seems super common to get Multi-Experience passes when rides have down time. These can be very useful. Indiana Jones and Roger Rabbit gave us a lot to these throughout our trip.

This is also true of both paper FPs and Maxpass, but you cannot hold two FPs for the same attraction. So let's say you get a RSR FP at 11:00 am for 3:00 pm. At 12:30 pm, when you're eligible to get another FP/MP, you cannot get another RSR FP. Just something to keep in mind.

As others have mentioned, the multi-experience FP/MP can be quite helpful (although you cannot count on it because the attraction has to be down during your FP/MP window). It is worth noting that the multi-experience pass is only good in the park which the original attraction is located. For example, I had a MP/FP for Incredicoaster and it was down during my MP/FP window. The multi-experience pass was good for any FP attraction in DCA. Same happened with Big Thunder, but that multi-experience pass was only good for attractions in DL.

I would attach a credit card to you Disneyland account before you get to the parks. That way, you don't have to do that in the morning when you're trying to purchase MP. If you credit card information is already loaded, it's pretty easy to buy MP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!