Matterhorn closing 10/21

Drat! Matterhorn was also down on our last trip, we love that ride :(

I hope it won’t be for long... I missed it already last year and my mother really likes riding it. It’s one of the few coasters she likes...

It was shut down last year at this time as well for an extended period. You would have thought they would have checked on the structural integrity then.

It was shut down last year at this time as well for an extended period. You would have thought they would have checked on the structural integrity then.

I think the current issue was from an recent earthquake, wasn't it?
I'm wondering if its going down to repair whatever the issue is that is limiting only one side to be open.

I think the current issue was from an recent earthquake, wasn't it?
I'm wondering if its going down to repair whatever the issue is that is limiting only one side to be open.

That is what was said but there have been other issues due to poor maintenance in the past few years that make me suspicious that its really just due to more cost cutting by Disney.

I don't know, my partner grew up in LA going to Disney pretty often and has still never ridden the Matterhorn because it has been down for maintenance literally every time he's gone. I'm starting to think it's built on a foundation of quicksand with chewing gum and scotch tape holding it together! (...And 10/21 is our first day in the park. Seriously?)

I read on another forum that a piece of the facade fell onto the track during the earthquake. Not sure how accurate this is.

I read on another forum that a piece of the facade fell onto the track during the earthquake. Not sure how accurate this is.
I don't know if that is why it is going down this time, but it did happen. Not right after the earthquake but it fell off while I was there in early August. Matterhorn was down to only the Fantasyland side running after that.

I wish they would take time to make it a smoother ride and get a ride vehicle that has no padding at all and is more comfortable for tall people.

I wish they would take time to make it a smoother ride

Totally agree. Last year it was closed when we were there and I was bummed we could not ride it. This year it was open and could not wait to ride a DL classic. DW and I got off it and both talked about how bumpy and rough it was. I like thrill rides, but I was very disappointed in how the ride was. Of course 10yo DD loved it. But to me it felt like it was a let down of a ride and no enjoyable. Unless something changes I would skip it next time.

I wish they would take time to make it a smoother ride and get a ride vehicle that has no padding at all and is more comfortable for tall people.
The ride vehicles didn't have any padding when they were first changed and people were getting injured like crazy (lots of bruises and other issues). The padding is absolutely necessary.

I think I missed the details on the 1/2 closure - but what side is closed? The Matterhorn is one of my favorite rides and it was closed for maintenance the last time we went. Hoping single rider is still a good option with the 1/2 closure - I know the wait times have been insane. We’re going in October before it’s down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!