Marriott property choice

When traveling with kids/teens, one of my main things to look for is space and free breakfast. Those are both huge for us. We are staying at the Element this time (won't do the Fairfield again), really liked the Embassy South but required ART. If it were me I'd choose Springhill, Residence or Element. The free breakfast is a big savings and allows us to fill up before getting to the park and not eat again until much later. Looking forward to the Element as I got a great rate, so we'll see.

Awe bummer, they used to. Granted that was pre pandemic and before they had built The Westin.

I’ve been staying at this RI since it opened and can confidently say it has never had an evening social. There is a bar in the lobby, and I think I remember being given a coupon for a welcome drink when it first opened. I’m pretty sure they’ve done away with the evening socials at all RIs post pandemic. I’ve stayed in at least 10 different ones over the last three years and haven’t seen them at any of them.

Is the Westin nicer than JW Marriott to justify paying more?

ETA: why is The Viv so inexpensive? It’s a Marriott property, looks nice & has good reviews, but it costs a lot less than the others.

Last edited:

I've seen other posters who are in love with the Westin, but to me it is a clear step DOWN in terms of niceness. The Westin has proximity going for it, and charges accordingly.

1. Its location to the park makes it a winner, but the rooms are not all that spectacular.
2. Agreed, to much $$
3. Location is poor, I strongly considered it and glad we skipped it.
4. Depends which one, Maingate? I’d skip, walking the park is a bit of a mess. The location is the downfall. SHS Convention is a decent price but since its right next to the Sheraton its a coin toss on walking.
7. We stayed a week at the Sheraton at the Park precovid and before the remodel. We didn’t find the walk bad. We had a room facing the parks, and enjoyed the Firework shows from our balcony. We had booked SpringHill Suites Maingate, but got the price down on the Sheraton and glad we switched.

ETA: why is The Viv so inexpensive? It’s a Marriott property, looks nice & has good reviews, but it costs a lot less than the others.
The Viv is a bit of a distance away but I know people LOVE it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter