Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Continued from previous post

Our food started to roll in. And remember, we were on the Deluxe Plan still. It was a LOT. And it's not like we hadn't eaten much at the MK earlier...:rolleyes1

1220621747_KZWJn-L.jpg

1220622849_MYAih-L.jpg

Henry was pretty thrilled to have juice. With an umbrella!

1220626128_bMGnF-L.jpg

My appetizer - crab cakes. Something about being at Walt Disney World makes me order things I normally wouldn't. These were pretty good coming from a gal that rarely eats seafood.

1220626797_NP8MN-L.jpg

Joe's potstickers. Very good.

1220627511_wkwkV-L.jpg

Henry's chicken noodle soup.

And as if we hadn't had enough calories that day, we proceeded to order pina colada smoothies for our drinks!

1220628376_J3DPc-L.jpg

They were awesome.

1220629866_Dcyzi-L.jpg

Henry's Mickey ravioli with fruit.

1220630674_cTKVq-L.jpg

My teriyaki steak with mashed taters

1220631572_7j5tr-L.jpg

Joe's Ginger crusted rib-eye.

I knew I wouldn't be able to eat it all - but I had to try that steak! I had read so many good reviews...and it didn't disappoint! Joe and I both tried each others and preferred our own. We were all fat and happy at the end of that meal and took dessert to go!

One thing I observed while eating in Kona. The good was great, our waitress was super busy and frazzled, but fine...but our table was practically on top of another. I gazed around, and I hadn't noticed this during our quiet breakfast a few years ago, the ambiance isn't the best there. It was busy and loud...and just kinda bland looking. However, that wouldn't stop me from returning for the good eats.

We had one last snack credit so Henry chose some suckers at the gift shop

1220633457_FZqKt-L.jpg

Our plan was to hit the Kona Coffee shop and then the beach for Wishes; it took foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at the coffee shop since they were serving 2.4 million plates of sushi while I waited for a single cup of coffee.

1220633792_UbnRv-L.jpg

Boys waiting.

1220634471_DWH7n-L.jpg

1220638499_K6DAo-L.jpg

Rolls on display

Finally I got my coffee and we went for the doors only to discover...it was raining.

Henry pulled out his umbrella

1220639389_Epsyc-L.jpg

:laughing: sorry, had to.

I as bummed, but we opted to monorail it back to BLT. Wishes started to explode while we were on the monorail which just made me a little more sad, but we made it back in time to watch the finale from the sky bridge between BLT and the CR, which was a great view!

1220642773_JBvqs-L.jpg

Back in our room Joe busted into his dessert

1220645424_ehscg-L.jpg

Pineapple upside down cake

And I into mine
1220646591_WHC3w-L.jpg

Chocolate banana creme brulee

Despite being very full, I remember enjoying that dessert. I may or may not have licked the bowl clean. :rolleyes1

I DISed a bit and caught up on Facebook and the boys hung out on the balcony. After a bit I walked out to see what was going on and found Henry buzzing around on a sugar high and Joe seriously attacking the Winnie the Pooh puzzle.

1220647350_nrXuY-L.jpg

1220648328_KMuJu-L.jpg

He was quite determined to finish, even though Henry had lost interest for the moment.

And he did complete it. I was a proud wife.

Or something.

:laughing:

And here end my notes for the night!

The next day would be a Joe Day. We didn't really have any set plans, but I knew he wanted to resort hop. Where would we be off to?

Loving the updates!!! We caught the flag ceremony on our last night in WDW while we were waiting for our adr at Tony's. It was so moving and I am glad we saw it.

Isn't it great? I love that they make kind of a big deal about it with the band and the Dapper Dans. :thumbsup2

We have yet to catch the full flag ceremony. The two time we ate at Tony's we caught parts of it. Hopefully we can catch the full show next month.

Lots of fun rides in this update! I hope to get one last ride on Snow Whites too.

Looking forward to diner. Never been there and we have an ADR next month.

I think Snow White will be around for a while yet, I haven't even read rumors of when she will be closing. I'm looking forward to the new, but also like that they are taking their time with plenty of warning to take out the old.

Aw shucks. :)

Is it just me or did you visit a lot of food establishments in this chapter? :laughing:

That's so funny that Henry was looking for the Carousel of Progress of Disneyland.

Yes we did! :rotfl: We sorta snacked our way through the MK!

Another Awesome update. I just lover your pictures and the angels you take. Youtake those crooked ones on purpose and they look so cool .I take them on accident and they look like crap. :rotfl:

:laughing: Oh we have our share of crappy ones, trust me! We just take a LOT so some will bound to be good. I love your pictures - and your dark ride ones are amazing!!!!!

The last time that I actually have proof of the snoring man at DTD is in 1997. Before digital camera though, so I can't post a pic. But he did snore. I don't remember seeing him on any of our next trips which didn't start until we had DS, and took him for his first time in 2007. So maybe they moved him out to Cali and it's the same dude. That is unless anyone has seen the snoring lego man recently. I just remember thinking he was really cool.

That is so neat! I don't recall ever seeing him at DTD, I'll be on the look out next time we go though!

I had a lot of updates to catch up on! :eek:

Glad you enjoyed Teppan Edo! Now I am craving it! LOL!

Such a shame you missed the opening show again!

Yeay for Henry trying Big Thunder! So brave!

Love all the empty MK pictures -- those are the best mornings!

Oh my goodness! I can't wait until your Disneyland trip report! I am in love just from the few pictures you posted -- especially of the teacups!

Henry is too funny with all his pirate gear. Connor has that same gun and it has gotten a lot of use over the years.

I was cracking up over his comment about the other kid not eating his vegetables.

Disneyland was fantastic! I can't wait to do that TR either! I didn't take many notes, I need to go back and write some before I forget.

Oh, it was a big dude-an adult-who tried to pull the sword out who Henry yelled at about vegetables! :rotfl: It made it all the more funny!

I also rode "Snow white" once. I liked the art (the paintings and the scene) but did not care for the ride. Without replacing it they could have plused it. But then again, maybe the new ride will keep part of it inside? who know

yum! The bakery! One of the places my dad requested we go hehe

Isn't it the best thing in the world to be able to walk to your hotel from the mk?

I agree, they could have definitely plussed it to something fantastic. Very good point about the mural...it will be a Princess Hall, so it would still fit!

And YES! That walking path is fantastic! I loved doing the BWV/BLT split.

:eek: You've been busy! I have a lot of catching up to do so my responses will come as I through the updates.

I love the F&G F Gift shop, I find everything in there so cute and charming! We don't even have a garden and I want everything in there. :rolleyes1

Yay for the teacup planters! They are very cute, its one of my favorite parts of F&G F too!

I really like that picture of Joe and Henry in France, great shot.

I also really like the picture of Henry with the Mickey and Minnie topiaries in America.

I don't really care for Disney pizza either, maybe its the spoiled Brooklynite in me but it really is very school cafeteria like.

LOL that other DISer for the Disney Junior dance party was me! We didn't make it cause we were running late at DTD.

The up slide!!! Very clever Henry.:thumbsup2

The tuna sensation looks delicious... something to add to my very long Disney to do list.

Aww! It was nice to meet you guys too! Yes, you are so correct about the Brooklyn, Queens thing. Every time I see your fb updates with some Manhattan activity, I think it would be nice to set up a play date. With my crazy schedule its hard to set up anything for Michael, thank goodness for daycare he has met most of his friends there.

What a great CM interaction at the POTC gift shop, it is all about the small things right?!

The imagination of little kids is amazing, how cute that for Henry everything was pirate related. He was very brave dueling with a "big boy" :laughing:

Oh those pictures of all the stuff at the Bakery... :cloud9:

Can't wait to read all about Disneyland!

:rotfl2: about the garden and wanting everything...me too! We do have a garden, but it's really my landlords, so...

Ooooh! That's right!!! I had forgotten it was you, and then it worked to meet up later at Epcot! :laughing: I'm so glad the meet worked out in the long run. The dance party was fun, but we wouldn't had really been able to chat at all, it was LOUD.

The Tuna Sensation was awesome. They had something similar during F&WF this past year too, it just had salmon added.

That's a great idea about a Manhattan meet! I keep meaning to put together a DIS meet too, to hit up the Disney Store and Earl of Sandwich, but haven't yet. It would be a blast, and there are SOOOOO many of us around here!

All caught up, I think. Hope I remember a fraction of the things I wanted to comment on...

Henry has to be the cutest pirate ever!!! Love that he is getting to know the parks so well that he is askimg for things like CoP! Raising him right!!! :thumbsup2

SO cool that he pulled the sword from the stone!!!!

I haven't been out to see Tom Sawyer in years and years...I almost forget it is there. Might have to visit again in May. Having read the Kingdom Keepers, the island has new meaning to me. ;)

WOW! How have I never seen that "hidden area" by the theater on Main St??? Looks so pretty. Will look for that in May and also need to remember to go upstairs in the train station for that view!!

Looking forward to more, including DL! popcorn::

It's so fun with him knowing the parks! It also presents a challenge that he has quite the opinion about things. :laughing:

I have just started the second Kingdom Keepers book :goodvibes, the first one was great! They have a third one out now too, right? And the author is coming to WDW soon, or was just there - it would be great to meet him.

I think that hidden area is literally around the side of the building - between the fence to the courtyard in front of the park and the building. It would have been a perfect place to listen for the sonic booms we had wanted to hear! :rolleyes1

I love Henry's umbrella. I bet he was well protected. :lmao:

And I am so jealous that you got to meet Tim and family....hopefully it works out for us in the future..and you should come too :rolleyes1

Love this pic with the monorail above Henry! :thumbsup2

In the room we just relaxed, DISed, watched some TV. Eventually it was time to head over to the Poly. Tim (that's_nice) and I had been corresponding via text hoping our dinner times would match up...he should just be finishing up at 'Ohana as we were starting at Kona, so the plan was to meet somewhere in the Poly!
Our dinner took a little longer than expected... :rolleyes1

Just as we were seated Tim, his wife Melody and their beautiful daughter Juliana emerged from 'Ohana so we set our stuff down and then ditched our table...hoping our waitress would catch what was going on. And if she didn't, we'd might lose the table and have to wait a bit again. It was worth the risk! :goodvibes
Thanks for leaving your dinner to say hi! I'm glad you didn't lose your table! :goodvibes

1220610000_QjaYc-L.jpg

And...that's it for pictures! :sad2:
LOL We must of been taking a picture at the exact same time! This is the only picture I have of our meeting.

DSC01607.jpg

However, it was wonderful meeting Tim and his family. Mel was all glowing with her pregnancy...and the baby is now what, 6 months old?! I'm a little slow here in the TR land. :rotfl2:
It was great meeting you, Joe, and of course, Henry!

Christopher will turn 6 months on February 2nd so you weren't far off! :thumbsup2

We scurried back into the restaurant, and our waitress, Holly, had observed what was going on and held our table! :thumbsup2
WHEW!!!!! I'm glad you went back to a table that was still yours!

Juliana had presented Henry with a bag o' goodies...which made me realize we had forgotten one for Juliana in our room. :headache: And...guess what? I still have the stuff. :rotfl: Tim, you will get it eventually. Probably in June. :teeth: Henry was more than eager to rip into that bag, and he proceeded to do so as soon as we got back to our table.
No worries! :goodvibes

1220616425_NqPAP-L.jpg

And the bag was decorated with a masterpiece from Ms. Juliana!
That was her 'famous' Cinderella's castle drawing... even the flying Tinkerbell made it on there! :tinker:

Henry instantly declared his love for Juliana (I don't think you were aware Tim that for about a week Henry fully intended to marry your daughter! :laughing:) and he showed off the bracelets. In a well-lit restaurant.
WHAT????? :eek::scared1::eek:

That's cool! Juliana asked when we were going to meet back up with you guys. :)

1220626128_bMGnF-L.jpg

My appetizer - crab cakes. Something about being at Walt Disney World makes me order things I normally wouldn't. These were pretty good coming from a gal that rarely eats seafood.

1220626797_NP8MN-L.jpg

Joe's potstickers. Very good.
Both of these look very good!!!!!!

And as if we hadn't had enough calories that day, we proceeded to order pina colada smoothies for our drinks!

1220628376_J3DPc-L.jpg
You guys were going all out!!!! :goodvibes :rotfl:

1220629866_Dcyzi-L.jpg

Henry's Mickey ravioli with fruit.
Juliana would love these!!

1220630674_cTKVq-L.jpg

My teriyaki steak with mashed taters

1220631572_7j5tr-L.jpg

Joe's Ginger crusted rib-eye.
Man, these look good!!! I really need to try Kona for dinner one of these days.

Finally I got my coffee and we went for the doors only to discover...it was raining.
I know... good thing it didn't last long. But it was coming down hard. I remember well, I was watching Juliana & Melody in the trunk of our truck in the DTD parking lot!

Henry pulled out his umbrella

1220639389_Epsyc-L.jpg

:laughing: sorry, had to.
:rotfl2::rotfl2: Funny!
After a bit I walked out to see what was going on and found Henry buzzing around on a sugar high and Joe seriously attacking the Winnie the Pooh puzzle.

1220647350_nrXuY-L.jpg

1220648328_KMuJu-L.jpg

He was quite determined to finish, even though Henry had lost interest for the moment.

And he did complete it. I was a proud wife.

Or something.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm glad Joe enjoyed the puzzle... and the glowsticks too!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It was great meeting you guys!!!! :goodvibes

Dinner at Kona looks like a lot of fun! Too bad about the coffee taking a long time and the rain, but I love the picture of Henry on a sugar buzz. :goodvibes

Whew, Finally caught up! Server issues are seriously cutting into my DIS time!:headache:

Let's see, where to begin...

Kadence loves Henry's pirate hat, and that is totally AWESOME that he pulled the sword up!:worship: That certainly qualifies as a magic moment!

We really need to get on the island, we've skipped each time. I know a couple boys in my family who would love shooting all the "bad guys" LOL

Why did I have to see all those luscious main st bakery pictures so late at night? I'm trying to be good here! Mmmmmm brownie...

Ahhh, Arranged marriages, DIS boards style:love: :lmao:

I can't wait to see the DL TR!

Loved this update -- so many funny bits with Henry wanting to marry Julianna, whipping out his umbrella when it was raining, and Joe working so hard on the puzzle! Lots of great laughs for this Monday morning! :lmao:

Love easing into Monday with a fun DIS update! My tummy is growling thinking about all that food...looks so good!! Henry is so cute with his umbrella. :laughing: and too funny Joe decided to take on the puzzle...he does look determined. :rotfl:

Your food looked REALLY good at Kona! We have yet to try that place out. I wanted to try the famous breakfast last year, but didn't make it over there. Now you have me wanting to try the dinner too! So much food, so little time!

Love the umbrella! ;) I was crazy over those things as a child and now I've passed that on to my DD as she always asks for one too. Not sure how good they are for rain, but they sure are entertaining! :laughing: Hate you got rained out, but glad you made it for the finale.

:lmao: Love Henrys umbrella!!

:rotfl::rotfl2: Joe is so funny. You should be very proud that he finished!! :laughing:

I had the same steak as you at Kona and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Today was a nothing day. Joe's turn! It's all about the compromise!

We woke up at 7:45 AM and proceeded to have a veryyyyyyyy lazy morning. We just hung out in the room, enjoying cartoons, new toys,

1220671178_x4Ujs-L.jpg

and I'm sure I sipped coffee and DISed/Facebooked for quite a while. Eventually I went to do laundry and the boys went to the arcade and Community Hall. After all that was done we discussed the plans for the day. Joe wanted to resort hop that day, but wasn't sure what resort he wanted to go explore. We tossed around some ideas and I even asked on Facebook which we should do. I believe AKL won out, followed by WL, but we walked to MK

1220671906_UvxU4-L.jpg

1220674781_jmGFq-L.jpg

and caught a bus to Pop Century!

We had stayed here one night previously, but had no solid experience with the resort. It was time to change that! (and we did end up staying here a few nights in August too!)

When we arrived the first things on our mind was lunch! So we went right into Everything Pop! (and of course had to look around the gift shop some first) and then settled down with

1220675804_iNSQU-L.jpg

Henry's

1220676835_LJgbq-L.jpg

Mine. I believe you can get this with pasta and sauce, but I was just wanting something simple and I was longing for some veggies!

1220677913_ajuUd-L.jpg

Joe's.

1220679001_mTyQ2-L.jpg

This was also Joe's. We ended up all sharing it.

1220679934_yEahb-L.jpg

My dessert. I seriously love this stuff.

1220681006_zwFNP-L.jpg

Joe's. I made him get it! :laughing: I had been wanting to try it forever!

1220681967_hc86m-L.jpg

Only on vacation does he get applesauce, apple juice and pudding in the same meal! And, as you can see, he really enjoyed that pudding!

1220682880_V4V3X-L.jpg

Our view

1220683883_VuFdJ-L.jpg

Lunch was tasty - we all enjoyed our food. Pop Century definitely has one of the better food courts on property in my opinion!

The day was a bit gray, and cooler. I think it was misting off and on too if I remember correctly, but we didn't let any of that stop us - we wanted to explore! Since we had stayed in the 50s section, but never had a chance to see the rest of the resort, we set off in the opposite direction, toward the 70s.

1220684954_qK8bz-L.jpg

These yo-yo's were made in the town we used to live in back in Minnesota!

1220686230_9P5FC-L.jpg

1220688941_kxHUt-L.jpg

1220691230_t9STh-L.jpg

1220692714_sf6f6-L.jpg

1220693590_wXem9-L.jpg

1220696317_TGaA7-L.jpg

Henry really enjoyed running around between the "soccer guys"

1220697638_TwuxT-L.jpg

1220699427_m5aNf-L.jpg

The construction across the lake. My oh my, what a difference a year makes!

1220702058_wYEod-L.jpg

Henry talked about these guys for months! And when we told him we were staying there last August, he insisted on a new picture with him standing by the Mr. and me by the Mrs. LOL

And...I have to end the update here - I will be back with more Pop Century!

Luvin the Poly and Pop updates.

I think Juliana and Henry would make a very cute couple some day :goodvibes

I love POP that was my first Disney World Hotel to stay at and I think I fell in love!

Love the POP update! Whenever someone asks me about which value to stay at I always recommend POP...it is just so cute!!!!

Awesome trip!

And tasty food. Of course you are getting me hungry when I don't want to eat anymore for the day lol

Your Kona meal looks delish! I have heard that the steack you had is awesome. It sure looks it.

Love the pictures of the fireworks from the sky bridge.

It must be so wonderful to have a real resort touring day. I bet Henry loved Pop. How could I kid not love that place. I can't wait to see the new animation resort.

How did you ever find out where the yo-yos were made?

Whoa, I was a couple of updates behind. I didn't know that you got to meet Tim, Mel, and Juliana on your trip...that's awesome! :goodvibes And we have a budding romance.
cupidhit.gif

We loved our meal at Kona in '09, and would definitely love to go back. But you're right, you are very close to your neighbor when dining there. :crowded:

I love Henry's umbrella. I bet he was well protected. :lmao:

And I am so jealous that you got to meet Tim and family....hopefully it works out for us in the future..and you should come too :rolleyes1

We are throwing around the idea of a Fall trip...! Time will tell. :goodvibes

Love this pic with the monorail above Henry! :thumbsup2

Our dinner took a little longer than expected... :rolleyes1

Thanks for leaving your dinner to say hi! I'm glad you didn't lose your table! :goodvibes

LOL We must of been taking a picture at the exact same time! This is the only picture I have of our meeting.

DSC01607.jpg

It was great meeting you, Joe, and of course, Henry!

Christopher will turn 6 months on February 2nd so you weren't far off! :thumbsup2

WHEW!!!!! I'm glad you went back to a table that was still yours!

No worries! :goodvibes

That was her 'famous' Cinderella's castle drawing... even the flying Tinkerbell made it on there! :tinker:

WHAT????? :eek::scared1::eek:

That's cool! Juliana asked when we were going to meet back up with you guys. :)

I know! My little guy had full intentions of stealing your daughter away! :rotfl2: But don't worry, PreK has brought on several new girlfriends - Hannah, Megan, Kylie, Tes...this morning when I dropped him off his gilr Megan leaned over and said, "Henry, I'm going to kiss you!" :laughing:

I think Juliana's drawing of the castle with Tinkerbell is superb!

Both of these look very good!!!!!!

You guys were going all out!!!! :goodvibes :rotfl:

Juliana would love these!!

Man, these look good!!! I really need to try Kona for dinner one of these days.

I know... good thing it didn't last long. But it was coming down hard. I remember well, I was watching Juliana & Melody in the trunk of our truck in the DTD parking lot!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Funny!

I'm glad Joe enjoyed the puzzle... and the glowsticks too!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It was great meeting you guys!!!! :goodvibes

Oh! I had forgotten about the trunk at DTD! :rotfl: I'm so glad it cleared up.

Kona has some awesome food for all their meals. I want to do a breakfast here every single trip, but we have only ever done it once. The Big Kahuna and that coffee....it has to get squeezed in next time, and 'Ohana for breakfast and dinner too. I think we better just stay at the Poly. :lmao:

Joe had a great time with that puzzle and the glowsticks, I think he might kill me if he knew I posted those pictures! LOL!

What a fun day so far! We spent a couple of hours exploring Pop Century a couple of years ago too and really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter