Margaritaville

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
First time off site in years but I need to accommodate family some of which aren't as interested in a theme park heavy trip. We have the 3 bedroom deluxe cottage and it looks so pretty!

I would love info on this resort, it looks perfect based on accommodations and amenities but I was hoping for first hand reports if anyone would be so kind.

Starting off with family at their home in Clearwater for Christmas and then we are all heading to Margaritaville for 4 nights/5 days in a 3 bedroom cottage. Main purpose is relaxing, maybe one Disney park and Blizzard beach with resort days in between. SIL would like nothing better than to relax at a pool with a book and have a nice dinner at night (that she doesn't cook!). I am go with the flow - pool is great but I also enjoy the parks and then there are 4 college age adults, 3 of which are AP holders and could catch a bus to Disney.

Myself and my 2 dd's and hopefully my niece will then head to Disney onsite for New Years long weekend to continue our Epcot NYE tradition after 2 years off.

TIA

We just returned from a 3 night visit. My DH were both of the same opinion, everything was fine but probably would not stay again for the money. We were in the hotel portion and had an exterior room, just seems not as nice. However, It was very quiet and rooms inside were nice, had balcony, bathroom very lovely. Lobby is also very nice, chic but still casual. Unfortunately we've stayed at other margaritavilles and it just seems like this one needs a beach to complete the experience. Pools are relaxing, live music in the evening is a plus. We ate outside for dinner at Euphoria and the sunset was beautiful but instead of ocean we saw construction vehicles, dirt, etc. no ocean. There is a small restaurant shopping area within walking distance, had some live music. It was okay. For the money we prefer the Waldorf if staying off Disney property. The cottages are intriguing for a larger group. Do research the getting around part as some in the cottages bemoaned the fact they felt so far away from everything. Would be nice to have your own golf cart?? Not sure if possible.

We just returned from a 4 night/5 day stay in a 2bedroom cottage. The cottage was nice, loved having a hot tub and a kitchen, but I agree with pp that while the resort is lovely, it's missing the water. There's lots of construction going on and it's all over and around the property so you can't escape it. Even sitting by the pool and looking beyond the palm trees you view a construction service road.

We had initially planned to use Uber to get around but ended up renting a car from the local Hertz the same night we arrived. We realized very quickly that we'd be cheaper to rent the car ($50 per day) than to rely on Uber. The resort shuttle is really an old construction van that has limited times and requires a wait. The resort is so big that we drove our rental car from the cottage to the pool because there was no way to make that hike easily!

It's an easy 20 min drive to the parks and Disney Springs and we did that each day that we were there. I would say this resort is outside of the Disney bubble so if you're going for that vibe, then I wouldn't recommend a stay here. There's a Target out of one gate and a Walmart out of another so no real references to Disney at all. You referenced the young adults taking a bus to Disney but I'm not sure where they would access one unless relying on the resort shuttle.

Let me know if you have other questions! Overall, we enjoyed our stay as an adult only girls trip to relax and shop while visiting the parks on one of our days. If I were to take my normal Disney crew to focus on the parks and the Disney experience, then I wouldn't choose this resort.

Thanks so much - I am definitely re thinking this now! We will have a car as sil and niece live in clearwater but we are used to being able to do our own thing so a long walk to the pool/bar/restaurant would not be ideal. We are usually onsite at either Disney or Universal but wanted to try something different this time.

The unit I booked has a hot tub but I just found another unit, bigger with a pool for less $ per night so that may be an option as at least we have the pool.

If we could rent a golf cart that would be fun- the "kids" can take the car to a park and others would have options, wonder if you can do that???

Ideally I would love to book a condo at bonnet creek as they look like a great fit this time but I can't find a unit as a non timeshare holder.

We are here now in a 3 bedroom cottage. The cottage area is clean and quiet. We've been park hopping from open to close, so really only using the space to sleep and regroup. We are 6 adults (2 parents, 2 adult children, and their SO's) who wanted individual rooms. It's reasonably close to Disney, about 20 minutes depending on the park. Our first time staying offsite and the cottage cost a fraction of the equivalent at Disney. It was worth it for us on this trip - but we won't be back.

Lot's of lower quality chain restaurants around and on 192 - kind of a depressing road, actually. The restaurants that are part of the complex are decent. We ate at Ford's Garage on arrival night and it was nice and clean.

We'll choose Bonnet Creek next time, provided they have 3 bedroom availability, to be in the Disney bubble without Disney prices.

I think the Margaritaville cottages will have a fairly short life though, they are cheaply constructed, I believe all cottages are two years old or less and probably haven't been used much during covid and I'm already noticing wear and tear. Not much inside insulation and all hard surfaces, sounds travel in the space. I wouldn't purchase one as a vacation home and expect to rent it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter