March Break at the Yacht Club! - UPDATED 07/21

Hi Janet, I've just followed your link from over on the Beach/Yacht Club Thread, and spent an enjoyable hour or so reading your TR. Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Did your son enjoy Mission Space? At some point I will have to experience this ride and I'm not really looking forward to it. What does he think of the ride? I guess it didn't make him ill so that's a plus.

My son liked Mission Space more in past years. As a pre-teen he loved all the activities they have after the ride. He usually isn't bothered by the ride, but this time he did have some motion sickness from it, so once was enough.

All of us rode MS back in 2004 when it was full speed ahead with no Orange or Green versions. My husband and I really felt the motion sickness but our son loved it. On our last trip I was willing to go on the slower version just to accompany my son, but this time at 15 he was on his own as I had no interest at all.

Loving your latest installment! And I can't believe the wait times compared to what we experienced... WOW!

The wait times during March break really are a killer. My husband and I are looking forward to planning a trip without our son so we can go at a quiet time of year.

We offered to let our son skip school so we could go in February but it was him who insisted we go at March break so he didn't have to miss school. Hard to argue with that!

Hi Janet, I've just followed your link from over on the Beach/Yacht Club Thread, and spent an enjoyable hour or so reading your TR. Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Welcome here! Always fun to have another reader. :)

Thanks for the compliment on my son. We think he's a keeper.

We love taking it easy at Disney. People always look at me strange when I tell them we stay on site because we aren't big amusement park people and we don't like crowds. They don't understand even when I try to explain that by staying on site we don't have to worry about anything and we can go to the parks for as little or as long as we like.

Here's hoping the time between now and your slushie flies by fast!

When the kids were little we stayed offsite; (we didn't know any better:confused3) Now this will be our 3rd trip back to the BCV and we wouldn't do it any other way. As most of us can attest to, I get the "You're going to Disney Again?" look when people ask where we are going on vacation.

I always got those looks from my brother and his wife until they just recently (past month) went for 3 days by themselves and stayed onsite. They had the best and most relaxing time! And they want to go with us when we plan our next (after this Sept) trip! And to think I've been trying to get them to go with us on our last 2 trips! :scratchin :rotfl: Guess I've got myself a couple of converts!!

When the kids were little we stayed offsite; (we didn't know any better:confused3) Now this will be our 3rd trip back to the BCV and we wouldn't do it any other way. As most of us can attest to, I get the "You're going to Disney Again?" look when people ask where we are going on vacation.

I always got those looks from my brother and his wife until they just recently (past month) went for 3 days by themselves and stayed onsite. They had the best and most relaxing time! And they want to go with us when we plan our next (after this Sept) trip! And to think I've been trying to get them to go with us on our last 2 trips! :scratchin :rotfl: Guess I've got myself a couple of converts!!

I'm usually a bit reserved when I talk about Disney to people, but usually as the trip gets closer I cannot contain myself. Just before our 2010 trip a guy at work asked what we were doing for vacation and so I quietly said Disney and tried to change the subject. He then asked me what hotel so I told him the CR and tried to change the subject, but then..... He asked me what floor or view I had requested. Oh my, I was so excited to discover I was talking to someone who knew Disney and understood the importance of onsite and the nuance of views and floors. It turned out he was a DVC owner and was well versed in all things Disney. My coworkers couldn't understand why he and I suddenly became fast friends.

Were those alligators I saw in the land? Hmmm.... perhaps we know where the BCV 'gator escaped from.

We always take the kids pictures by that flat Totem board in Canada. Anyone who doesn't cooperate or have a cheerful attitude gets fed to the Gator!

Keep posting those trip report updates. I'm dying to know if anybody had gallons of Chocolate milk and made like a Volcano!

Hi Janet! Loving the trip report, thanks for sharing with us.

We are travelling this coming March Break and am dreading the crowds but can't do much about it since I'm a teacher. I like how you are very relaxed about the trip and come and go from your resort, I need to remember that :)

So far you have been pixie dusted a couple of times, you have to love the Disney magic!pixiedust:

Were those alligators I saw in the land? Hmmm.... perhaps we know where the BCV 'gator escaped from.

We always take the kids pictures by that flat Totem board in Canada. Anyone who doesn't cooperate or have a cheerful attitude gets fed to the Gator!

Keep posting those trip report updates. I'm dying to know if anybody had gallons of Chocolate milk and made like a Volcano!

Ahhh, thank you for your attention to detail. The alligator picture from the Land was specifically chosen for all the gator obsessed posters on the BC/YC thread. So happy to have that noticed. :)

My avatar picture is from the totem pole montage outside of Canada.

Hi Janet! Loving the trip report, thanks for sharing with us.

We are travelling this coming March Break and am dreading the crowds but can't do much about it since I'm a teacher. I like how you are very relaxed about the trip and come and go from your resort, I need to remember that :)

So far you have been pixie dusted a couple of times, you have to love the Disney magic!pixiedust:

We've done two March break trips and there isn't much you can do about the crowds but accept them and work with them.

Like anyone who posts on the Dis, I am obsessed about planning every detail. I have every morning, noon and night mapped out, but once we arrive the plans are merely suggestions and we go with the flow and do what we want.

In lieu of another installment for the trip report today, I give you a glimpse of my planning spreadsheet. Enjoy!

disney2012excel.jpg

I found the spread sheet for the Gator:

Eat people @ SAB |Eat people @ SAB |diet |Eat people @ SAB |Eat people @ SAB |Eat people @ SAB |Hurricane Hannah's

Followed you over from the BC/YC thread . . . great trip report! The photo timeline of your DS made me tear up thinking of my own sons (they're only 9 and 5 -- but they grow up so fast!). *sigh* Showed my DH the GG slushie pic . . . . we're looking forward to it!

Followed you over from the BC/YC thread . . . great trip report! The photo timeline of your DS made me tear up thinking of my own sons (they're only 9 and 5 -- but they grow up so fast!). *sigh* Showed my DH the GG slushie pic . . . . we're looking forward to it!

Welcome to my report. The slushie is definitely worth looking forward to! :)

Thanks for the fabulous pictures and report! Can't wait to get to the YC in August!

Hello everyone,

Because I like updating my trip report, but don't have time for a complete installment, I thought I would throw in a little teaser and challenge for you.

Who knows where this photo is from?

462_small.jpg

Hello everyone,

Because I like updating my trip report, but don't have time for a complete installment, I thought I would throw in a little teaser and challenge for you.

Who knows where this photo is from?

462_small.jpg

I'm going with the Coral Reef restaurant.

I'm going with the Coral Reef restaurant.

Oh sure, you can't tell us what anything from Beaches and Cream tastes like, but you know the Coral Reef. :)

Yes - Coral Reef is the dinner event for my next trip report installment.

This trip report has been wonderful, and you have REALLY started to persuade me into thinking maybe I should scrap my original plans of where to stay and book the Yacht Club! What a beautiful resort, and every time I visit the Epcot resort area I always take a stroll through those lobbies just to get a feel of the magic it holds.

I am this close to paying extra and going for it :)

Great trip report so far, Janet. Looking forward to the Coral Reef Review! It is going to be the first restaurant we visit on June 18th. It was a special request from my 11 year old DS. I have heard mixed reviews so I was wondering what you thought about it. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!