March 30th 3/nt Wonder-who else?

Abbey is in the Northern Lights league so she plays every other weekend, at the least, in Burnsville. I know what you mean about wanting to get your money's worth. If my kids weren't in sports we could go to Disney 3x a year!! :rotfl2:

Anyway, Abbey's team didn't do as well Sunday as they did Sat. It was nice to be close to home but they seeded themselves so high that they played teams that were way out of their league. Plus they had played on Sat. until 8:15 pm so by the time they got home from Andover, they had to be at their next game less than ten hours later so they were pretty exhausted by late in the day.

I don't know about your daughter moving up to Aloft. I'm not sure if they're strict about it or not. Doug might have a better answer for that, especially since I just found out he's a DISNEY NUT!! :teeth: Can you help us out Doug? How strict are they? I'd kind of like to know too because Maddie really wants to be in the Lab with Nick and she'll turn 8 only 2 months after we get back.

We held our own in the morning on Sunday, but the afternoon we were outplayed too. They did pretty good considering.

Doug - I'm very curious to know your opinion on moving up in the kids clubs! Any info would be helpful! I don't want to get her hopes up at all...

My understanding was that kids can move down in age group (we did this w/ our girls last cruise) but not UP. They may have changed it but that's what they told us for the younger kids.~Tracey

Well, I guess it won't hurt to ask when we get there! Found out we're leaving early on Sunday, but have a connecting flight. I'm just so glad to know the times. I'm still looking forward to receiving the docs in the mail though!

My mom and dad are down in Florida right now for 2 weeks - can't wait to get the report from them on weather etc.! :sunny:

We had discussed earlier about meeting at 5:00 at the bar by the Mickey pool! We've never cruised, so don't know if this is a good time or place??

I can't wait to meet you all though!

SInce they have the big "setting sail" party, this is a great place to meet. We'll have to get up there a little early to get some seats/tables because its very crowded. If you are standing on the stage (I think there's a band) , facing out, lets meet on the left hand side byt the dance floor. There are tables right off the dance area along the windows so people can join in if they want and its a good spot to see the characters that will join Mickey and Minnie in the celebration. Its s ton of fun and a great way to kick off the cruise. They cover the pool w/ a dance floor.
Hey mid-michigan, what city R U from? We moved from the Plymouth/Canton/Ann Arbor area to Cincinnati but still have family in MI. Went to EMU.~Tracey

OOOOOOHHHHH! I'm so excited! That's sounds like a great plan! :woohoo:

I only wish time :hourglass would go faster! I get so impatient waiting for vacations!

Karin

Ok - I got home from work last night and was so excited to see......

OUR DOCS FINALLY CAME IN THE MAIL!!!! :cool1:

I had already done the on-line check in and phoned to get our flight info, but to actually have the luggage tags and stuff....yippeeeeee! That makes it so much more of a reality.

I am getting a little nervous, as it seems like everyone around me is getting sick! Especially at work. My boss is out today with the stomach flu and wouldn't you know we had a meeting together yesterday! I'm only freaked out because I didn't buy travel insurance. Ok, deep breath - I'm not going to panic. If its meant to be it's meant to be. It is meant to be right?

Pixie Dust please! pixiedust:

By the way - this emoticon just freaks me out! :dancer:

talk to you all soon!

I was just WONDERING when our docs would arrive. I assumed they'd send them all out at the same time for people on the same crusie. Maybe tomorrow. Regarding meeting up, if anone has a better place, by all means please post. Maybe I'll make a little sign or something??? Any ideas? It will be so crowded up on deck, we don't want to miss the opportunity to meet and have the kids meet up either. Think of a name for our group-Karin I have a feeling you'll think of a good one. Or I could make my husband wear a big funky hat but I don't think he'd go for that. Maybe my daughter's mickey ears.
Did you hear about the key card system yet? You can charge everything to your account by way of your magic room card -drinks, excursions and all. Very convenient.
~Tracey

That key card system sounds dangerous! I'm afraid to see my bar bill! :rolleyes1 Who Me? I didn't dring THAT much did I? :crazy:

I'll see if I can come up with something catchy for a name. I could walk around with a sign that says "It's Us!". :sad2: I know, pathetic, but give me a chance!

The place you indicated to meet sounds great. Being that we've never been on a ship before, sounds like a perfect place. Can't offer any other suggestions!

When 3 roomates and I went on a Carnival cruise in college our bar bill was more than the cost of the cruise. Now that's sad! Of course now I am a mature grown up:-) Sort of...
Tracey

(Hey mid-michigan, what city R U from? We moved from the Plymouth/Canton/Ann Arbor area to Cincinnati but still have family in MI. Went to EMU.~Tracey) :guilty: Sorry, I don't know how to do this as a quote from a previous poster??? :teeth:

Hi, sorry I have been away from this thread.....

I'm from Mid-Michigan, about 25 minutes north of Ann Arbor....I went to WMU.

I believe Disney is still very strict about the kids moving UP in age groups...I have always been told if you are not w/ in ONE month of a birthday, you can move down, but not up.
Wow, we are getting very close to our trip. We leave on March 24th to start our vacation. We changed our minds...we will not be doing Universal ( like we had planned), but staying over at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort.
My two boys have no clue we will be taking this cruise....(SSSHHHHHH) it's a secret.....we told them we are going to the beach that day, but little do they know....we will be getting on the ship!!!

Ok....I'll see you all at the meeting spot... I will be the one w/ a drink in my hand!!!

Ok, My WIFE came up with this idea..........

She wants to wear a shirt that says " I"M WITH STUPID" Then you will all know that she is w/ me..... :rotfl2: HA HA!!! LOL

I have a better idea for her......OOOPPPSSSS.....NO...I'll keep this post clean....I'll keep my idea to myself!!!
See ya soon!!
Doug

Now I HAVE to know your idea! I'll be asking you when we meet!

The Travel Channel has a special on Disney Cruise Line this week, and we watched part of it. I saw an AMAZING looking cocktail in someone's hands! Some foo foo drink that I can't wait for! Sorry kids...have fun in the clubs!

Just kidding - but after 4 days in the parks, I think they'll be happy to not be with us for awhile!

We here in Minnesota are in the midst of our second snowstorm this week! Today's is not near as difficult as Monday's was. Bring it on mother nature!! I'm going to Florida in 10 days!!

Hi Karin -

Doesn't this snow suck?!!! I just keep thinking 9 more days and I'm outta here! I have to run some errands and I'm not looking forward to driving right now! Our school has had a lot of kids sick we've all been fighting colds so I'm popping Vitamin C tablets at everyone left and right :rotfl2:

The closer it gets, the harder it is to wait. I want a foo foo drink NOW!!!!!!

I'm ok with the snow now, but I don't have to drive in it - other than to work and home again, oh - and to the tanning booth - don't want to burn down there! I wouldn't want to be running a lot of errands in it!

As long as it doesn't snow/storm the night before or day we leave! Now that would suck!

I think at our meeting spot, I'm going to be holding a sign that says "We're right here!", or "The fun starts here!". Something along those lines. Any suggestions? Of course, I'll be looking for dtheboys wife's shirt...!

Drive safe out in the snow today Becky!

Thanks Karin! I'll be careful! I guess I never told you my real name is Julie!! :rotfl2: I use the name beckygeez because my husband and his brother nicknamed me beckyhomecky when our kids were really little and I quit work to stay home fulltime. Back then I was sewing and baking and crafting with the kids all the time - now with the kids older I never seem to have time for that stuff anymore!!!! And geez (the "g" sounding like gone) is my husband's nickname - kind of carried down from his dad. So that's where beckygeez comes from! I'm sure you really wanted to know that right?!!!!

I think the "I'm with Stupid" shirt is the winner - we'll definitely be looking for that!!!!

:teacher: OK>>>> how bad was my spelling of MN???

OK>>>>>>>>>>KEEP your sickness north of the Michigan border!!!!!

I had a real good idea for my wife, and the shirt idea......BUT!! she wouldn't go for it!!! It would of definatly made her stick out...you would of found us very easy......Oh well.....I'll have to come up w/ plan B.

PS...I should of looked up the spelling of MN. before I posted this!!! Too lazy!!
OH!!!
You may not of heard this yet!!! ( they copied it from Vegas ) LOL :rotfl2:

DCL has a new slogan.... " What happens on DCL stays on DCL"
OK>>>>> 8 more days till I get out of Michigan!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter