• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 21, 2004 anyone?

2 weeks tomorrow! Got my docs all filled out and starting the pile for packing. . . HOW do you pack less???

Black or khaki - it goes with lots so you only have to pack one pair of pants and shoes, and then just different tops. I do the same for the kids. They spend the days in their swim suits and flip flops. Goodl luck and we'll see you soon :)

Hey there,
I got 3 kids basically packed and the other 3 can pretty much do their own, with me checking to make sure mohawk boy does not bring his clothes that are adorned with 1000 safetly pins and other lovely embellishments....what I am freaking out about is that the nasty stomach bug is now here in my house. Megan, who turned 9 spent the entire night Thursday after her birthday throwing up and now Max, who is 11 was brought home from a sleepover birthday party at 1 am, sick as a dog. I feel so bad for them. I lysoled and bleached everything Megan touched and quarantined her, but I guess if it is at school, they are doomed. I only hope that if it has to make the rounds, it does so before we leave. One yr it took 6 weeks to leave my house...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Please send pixie dust my way and get the bug to leave us alone!!!! Melissa

Gosh I hope you are all better soon!!! Poor BABies! (Otherwise, I personally don't want to see any of you any closer than a web cam;-)

Things are better here. Mitch was sick Sunday night and is over it now. He was lucky only a mild case. The rest of the kids are fine so far ( knocking wood here). I spent Tuesday cleaning again. I also aired out the house. I hope I got rid of the bug. Can't wait for 10 days!!!!! We actually leave in 8, spending Friday evening and Satruday in Orlando for some fun before the cruise. I just found out last night that hsteachers son and my son already know each other from religious ed!!!! That is the coolest thing!! I can't wait for the warm weather!!!!

I think I posted that originally I was supposed to take the trip with a mother / daughter who had to cancel due to illness. I was blessed to find another mom and daughter team who were willing to travel with me.

We'll be unmistakeable now. The young lady is a dancer. She had a mishap during rehearsal at her university the other day, and will be sporting crutches and maybe a cast. . . . I wonder if we can find a nice young Tarzan type to keep her company;)

Poor girl!!!! how terrible to get hurt just before a cruise. I hope she feels better and can enjoy herself. Pixie dust coming your way now. It helped here and things are better..See you in a week. Melissa

Mom#2 picked up the injured dancer and lugged her off to the orthopod. No fracture! Just a sprain, needing icing and rest - hopefully she will be fully mobile by next weekend. WHEW! I'm hoping we can ALL stay well for the next 8 days!

How is your crew doing, Melissa?

Oh - I found the coolest lime green shirt at the Avenue tonight, with little multi-green beading around the scoop neck. Naturally I HAD to buy it, even though it was full price:earseek:

I am glad it is only a sprain!!! I hope she feels better by the cruise.

So far so good here. Knocking wood as I type LOL!!!!

I have been busy doing last minute shopping and such. Max ( 11) was not too happy about getting his "skater hair" all cut off. It was getting long and I allowed him to grow it, but I warned him early on it would be cut before the cruise. Well even I did not expect the haircut to be so bad. I should have stuck to doing it myself like I usually do. He was in tears. I told him I wil buy some hair growing vitamins for him so it can grow faster.

Almost everyone is packed and 17 yr old who is a born procrasinator just discovered most of his dress pants do not fit!!!Just when I thought I had everything.

I cannot believe it is so close!!! The weather here has been cold and windy!! actually got down in the single digits last week. The warmth will be welcome.

I will be looking for your green shirt. Not so sure I am going to get my shirts done. I cannot seem to get permission to use the picture from the dis boards. I have been trying for almost 2 weeks. I may have to go on to plan B and just use clipart. Still we will be unmistakeable, with 6 kids and one of them has a red tipped mohawk. The mohawk will not be spiked up though, I don't want any tropical birds to attack him LOL. Melissa

I'll be looking for the hair, Melissa! I'll say "hello, is your mom Melissa?" That is a truly cute story about the haircut, poor kid! Quite a few guys here are going for the almost "bald look" - must say it looks easy to care for!

WE are leaving in the morning to catch a flight from Ohare to Orlando. We will be spending 2 nights there before the cruise.

Well I did make t-shirts. I was a bit dissapointed that the 3 emails I sent went unanswered from the Dis people. I had asked for permission to use a picture from the website. Hubby said I should have just used it, but I didn't want to infringe on any copyright. I made them all the same but different. We will be wearing white t-shirts with a Disney design on them.

I am all packed, except for 2 oldest teens. Just need to tidy up a bit here and finish the laundry tonight before I leave.

I hope everyone has a safe trip down to Florida and good health to all!!!

See you all Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

LOL about the bald look..technically, Marc is almost bald too..except for that thin patch running the whole length of his head. LOLOLOLOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter