• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2022 Exercise Thread

+120 for AK and Epcot day. Heading home tomorrow, if snow at home doesn’t derail travels.

450/1200

We did the Wild Africa Trek at AK today. Here’s what the crocs look like from the rope bridge you see during the safari ride:

66879C06-EF67-4BC9-9CC2-B246684A0A00.jpeg

This is the view from the outpost in the savannah portion of the safari ride:

EB05E48E-86F8-405B-B402-D3910746E77B.jpeg

And we saw Mylo the baby rhino!

@sophy1996 - we were at the Swan tonight for dinner!! Fantastic pictures from the trek!
We really didn’t do a parks trip - only went to Epcot one day. But we relaxed, got in a lot of pool time, and had some terrific dinners. Just what we wanted! Heading home tomorrow, also. Happy trails!

@ljcrochet - wishing you a smooth journey in the days ahead. 🫂

I can add 40 minutes today (265/600)
And I found my Fitbit!! In my jacket pocket - feeling a bit sheepish 😂

20 minutes for me, and congrats to ljcrochet, who jumps right in at blue! :jumping3:

Team totals:
1147/6770
17%

Disney Trivia Question:
How many Academy Awards did Walt Disney personally win?

As a film producer, Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards earned by an individual, having won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations.

source: https://www.emmys.com/bios/walt-disney

Three new color changes today:

Congrats to BethisLucy and piglet1979 on reaching 10% blue!! :jumping3: :jumping3:
I'm also adding 20 minutes from yesterday for 160/600 and orange (PollyannaMom).:tigger:

Team totals:

1506/6770
22%

(We're only 187 minutes to orange as team!!)

:bday: From thisdayindisneyhistory.com, I learned that there are several Disney birthdays today!
A couple of names you might recognize:

Michael Eisner was born on March 7th, 1942, and grew up to run the The Walt Disney Company from 1984 to 2005.

Actress Donna Murphy was born on March 7th, 1958, and (among lots of other roles) voiced Mother Gothel in Tangled.

After a really wonderful, relaxing week, we paid in spades on the trip home! I counted the texts this morning - I got 15 notifications of flight delays yesterday! It took 12 hours door to door! A normal trip would be under 5 hours. By the time we got home - 1:00 a.m. - I barely knew my name - lol!
I'll add 60 minutes for yesterday - and none for today (unless you count going from the couch to the kitchen 😜). 325/600

@sophy1996 - hope your trip was easier!

I had the pleasure of seeing Donna Murphy years ago in The King and I with Lou Diamond Phillips - she was wonderful!

Last edited:
After a really wonderful, relaxing week, we paid in spades on the trip home! I counted the texts this morning - I got 15 notifications of flight delays yesterday! It took 12 hours door to door! A normal trip would be under 5 hours. By the time we got home - 1:00 a.m. - I barely knew my name - lol!
I'll add 60 minutes for yesterday - and none for today (unless you count going from the couch to the kitchen 😜). 325/600

@sophy1996 - hope your trip was easier!

I had the pleasure of seeing Donna Murphy years ago in The King and I with Lou Diamond Phillips - she was wonderful!

Oh, @BonnieF, I'm so sorry, that sounds terrible! I kept checking our flight over and over in case of delays, but for some reason we had a great experience with no issues at all (better than the usual, these days!).

Beautiful pics, @sophy1996!

25 minutes for me yesterday (treadmill walking) for 235/600

Team stats: 2469/8770, 28%

Trivia Question: What's the oldest ride at Disney World?

the carousel - Even though 23 rides date back to opening day, the carousel had actually been built in 1917 and had previously been operated in Michigan and New Jersey before coming to WDW. More details here.

Adding 40 minutes for Monday, 40 for Tuesday, 50 for Wednesday and 45 for today. I made some more improvement to my mile time today!

335/800

I'm ahead for now, but I won't be exercising at all for the next three days due to minor surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back to exercising on Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter