3/23-3/24 viatabuna3/23-3/31
3/23-3/31 seesclubhouse
3/24-3/26 beachdreamer1229 HOJO
3/24-3/29 shooting4life
3/24-4/4 rklafuller PPH & DI&S
3/24-3/27 lbcrosby FFI
3/25-3/27 Josiah GCH
3/25-3/31 sammykster GCH
3/26-4/1 Pete, Craig, Ryno & Tom from the DIS team will be in the parks and hoping to meet up!
3/29-31 bcwife76 GCV
3/29-4/1 haileymarie92
3/30-4/6 AJA55 GCH

I haven't seen a thread for March yet, so I hope it's ok if I start one because I'm ready to chat and sooo excited! My kids won't know about this trip until Christmas, and I'm dying to tell them. We'll be there March 8-12 staying at DI&S, not exactly my favorite, but just about the only affordable place within walking distance with space for 5 during the tail end of the Natural Products Expo. I originally bought 2 day tickets, but extended my trip by a day when the limited time tickets were announced. I'm hoping they'll let me upgrade from 2 day/1park with maxpass to 3 day/1park with maxpass. I've been given conflicting opinions about whether that is possible from guest services, so I'm hoping for pixie dust when I arrive at the ticket booth.

Our last trip was in May of 2017 when F! was still down, so I'm excited to make a dining package reservation this time around (and it's killing me that the calendar is not advancing:headache:.) I'm watching the refurb calendar like a hawk, and wondering how many we'll see given the ticket discount. I see that Astro Orb and GRR will be down in January, has anyone heard when those will be back? GRR has been down on every. single. trip. for us, so I'm really hoping that it will be back up by March.

I can't wait to see the beautiful spring flowers and smell the churros:cloud9:! Who's joining me in March?

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the beautiful spring flowers and smell the churros:cloud9:! Who's joining me in March?

We will be there too from March 22 - 30th ! :-) So excited for this trip! DD is bringing along her boyfriend who has only been to HKDL when he was little. So much to show him at our Happy Place! :yay:

We will be there at the very end of March, after we get off the Disney Wonder in San Diego (taking Amtrak up to Anaheim the morning we disembark).
So we'll be there March 29-31st, staying at GCV!

We arrive March 23 and leave March 30 staying at Tropicana Inn. My son's spring break is March 25-29 and unfortunately flight prices are high leaving Chicago to LAX and then super high coming back home. Still trying to decided about transport to the hotel. Thinking we will use Uber or Lyft since it is just 3 of us. We may do a Vons grocery delivery order. We did that once before and it was so nice to walk back to the hotel for an afternoon break and make sandwiches. Also, Tropicana doesn't offer breakfast so we can get some breakfast items too. So glad Disney is offering tickets cheaper but concerned about refurbs also. We are thinking of doing a day trip to the beach and La Brea Tar pits. Can't wait to get back to DL!

We're getting there on March 14 and leaving the 17th. This will be our stay at the Grand Californian! This has been the longest stretch in recent memory since I've been to DLR (March 2017!).

Excited for our annual Food & Wine visit!

We are coming from Australia for our third trip. Myself, DH, DS9 and DD9 arrive on the 24th March and leave on 4th April. We are doing a split stay between PPH and Dessert Inn, and have 10 day park hoppers. Have booked Lansky again for airport transfers. Planning on booking River Belle Terrace Upgrade package and World of Colour dessert party when/if they become available.

We're getting there on March 14 and leaving the 17th. This will be our stay at the Grand Californian! This has been the longest stretch in recent memory since I've been to DLR (March 2017!).

Excited for our annual Food & Wine visit!

We, too, are flying in March 14 and leaving March 17. It's also our first stay at the Grand Californian! We've stayed at HoJo, BWPPI, and DLH in the past. I have to say DLH was the most disappointing as I had such high hopes going in. BWPPI was fine (thin walls and neighbor noise but serviceable and convenient). We booked the Kids' Suite at HoJo twice, which is great for the space, but that price has gone up dramatically.

We've never been to DLR during a Food and Wine event but I've seen photos and look forward to it!

I purchased a hotel + PH package off the Costco website. Is it too late to try to get the limited time tickets? My plan was to get 3 day PHs, as we arrive late Thursday night and leave Sunday afternoon (so not worth getting 4 days IMHO). That's a $260 difference for our party of 4 (1 who's 9 and 3 who are older), which is worth more than the Disney gift card Costco gives if you buy the package from them. I paid a deposit already but need to go research refund policies. Anyone know?

I purchased a hotel + PH package off the Costco website. Is it too late to try to get the limited time tickets? My plan was to get 3 day PHs, as we arrive late Thursday night and leave Sunday afternoon (so not worth getting 4 days IMHO). That's a $260 difference for our party of 4 (1 who's 9 and 3 who are older), which is worth more than the Disney gift card Costco gives if you buy the package from them. I paid a deposit already but need to go research refund policies. Anyone know?
I don't know what Costco's cancellation policies are, but I would definitely call and ask if they would adjust the ticket pricing. Maybe if the can't adjust it you could cancel and rebook.

I called and the Costco travel rep confirmed I already have the special ticket pricing. Whew! They don't give an itemized bill, so I had wrongly assumed they just charged me the standard 3 day park hopper price.

We will be there at the very end of March, after we get off the Disney Wonder in San Diego (taking Amtrak up to Anaheim the morning we disembark).
So we'll be there March 29-31st, staying at GCV!
We’re doing this too except mid March. Have you done this before? I’m wondering if I can buy Amtrak tickets now for an early AM run or if the Wonder ever gets in to SD late.

We’re doing this too except mid March. Have you done this before? I’m wondering if I can buy Amtrak tickets now for an early AM run or if the Wonder ever gets in to SD late.

You can definitely buy tickets in advance! But we decided to wait and buy them the day-of. If we buy tickets for 10:45am and then we are off by 9 we have a lot of waiting around to do. However, if we buy tickets for 9:45am and we get in late or whatever, then do they honour them for a later train or are we out the money and need to buy again? We have not done the train before. The last time we disembarked in SD we decided to rent a car and drive up because we thought it would be faster (and we wanted that day to be our first park day). Well it took FOREVER to get our rental car and it was almost 3pm by the time we were walking in the gates of Disneyland :sad2:

We will be there March 9-15. It is our first trip to Disneyland. We live in PA so we have been many times to WDW. We are staying at Homewood Suites by the Convention Center.

You can definitely buy tickets in advance! But we decided to wait and buy them the day-of. If we buy tickets for 10:45am and then we are off by 9 we have a lot of waiting around to do. However, if we buy tickets for 9:45am and we get in late or whatever, then do they honour them for a later train or are we out the money and need to buy again? We have not done the train before. The last time we disembarked in SD we decided to rent a car and drive up because we thought it would be faster (and we wanted that day to be our first park day). Well it took FOREVER to get our rental car and it was almost 3pm by the time we were walking in the gates of Disneyland :sad2:
These are all questions I have! I’m worried that the train may be full if I buy day of. And worried if we miss the train that they won’t let us onto the next train or what if it’s standing room only.

We will be there in March. DD has her cheer comp so we are staying at the Anaheim Marriott Mar 15-17. Compete, then parks. I'm so excited for F&W that we (I) may not even do rides this time around :drinking:. My parents may be joining us but they haven't finalized anything yet.

Hi everyone! Finally, this thread has been started (I have been dithering back and forth for months...). My hubby and I are travelling to the US and will be at Disneyland 5 - 9 March. I am super excited because this is our first Disney holiday without our(now adult) kid! Last time we went just the two of us was our honeymoon over 20 years ago! We are staying at HoJos and we are going to the After Dark Party on the 7th.

Wellll technically we are March peeps. Getting in Saturday March 30th and leaving Saturday April 6th. Never been to "West Coats" Food and wine. Staying at Grand Californian. My notes are now at three pages. Last visit was in 2007.

These are all questions I have! I’m worried that the train may be full if I buy day of. And worried if we miss the train that they won’t let us onto the next train or what if it’s standing room only.

They run several trains every day (more so if you are travelling on a weekday, which we are) so I'm not super concerned they will sell out.....she said, hopefully :rolleyes1

They run several trains every day (more so if you are travelling on a weekday, which we are) so I'm not super concerned they will sell out.....she said, hopefully :rolleyes1
Well since I’m going before you, I’ll let you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter