March 19, 2022- 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

lunarsongbird

Disney Magic is a Must
Not that anyone is counting...

My Fairy Mother-in-Law booked us into Stateroom 9600 this weekend. Although it seems quite faraway, it gives me so much time to do something that I love SO very much: Research. Googling. Getting lost down rabbit holes of information and images.

There are so many things I want to learn about the Caribbean before flying to Florida that I really think will enhance our trip. So many books to read. Movies to watch. I have a topic that I want to learn about for every week until we cruise and a book to read every month. (I live life with much enthusiasm.) It will fill a year that still feels rather uncertain. I see the most popular post on Disboards today is "Port Canaveral: Projecting No Cruises Until July," which makes my heartache. To some extent I'm grateful that our cruise isn't until next spring break, because one would hope that things would be settled by then. We will probably know what to expect, to some extent. It will also give us the opportunity to save up for some indulgences that we might not otherwise be able to splurge for.

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

We are the Finch Family.

Andrew. Daddy Finch. Deanna. Mommy Finch. And by the time we sail- William will be nearly 7 (Turns 7 on March 27th) and Alan will be 2.5.
Once we pack our luggage for this trip, it will have been FOUR years since our last vacation. We celebrated William's 3rd birthday during our very first trip to Disney World.

In 2016, we went on our one and only cruise on the Disney Wonder to Alaska (perhaps I should finish that trip report. Is it too late, I wonder? I gave up when photobucket took down everyone's photos. I love that you can embed straight into disboards now! Fantastic!)

This will be a special trip for everyone on board, as we all got through this very turbulent covid season. We are also looking forward to sharing Disney with our youngest son AND trying Remy. What are you looking forward to?

Hi, we are on this cruise as well! Just two adults, kids are grown up and starting work or in university. This could be are 10th or 11th cruise depending on how 2021 works out. The Fantasy is a great ship and we love Florida and the Carribbean. We live near Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Hi, we are on this cruise as well! Just two adults, kids are grown up and starting work or in university. This could be are 10th or 11th cruise depending on how 2021 works out. The Fantasy is a great ship and we love Florida and the Carribbean. We live near Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Hello! We can't wait to be on the Fantasy. Are you at all nervous about what kind of changes we will see on this cruise? I work in the school industry, so I can't help but be surrounded by covid changes. I keep wondering how the show experiences will happen... or if they will need to increase the amount of dining seatings. I'm sure we are all eager to see cruises launching again in the US to see what the precedent will be.

Hi, I am not too worried about the onboard experience, I think Disney will make it work. I am worried abit about the ports, we like to explore on our own and hope we get to do that again.

There are 4 of us on this cruise. Myself, husband and 2 daughters. I would love to get involved with a fish extender group if someone sets it up.
Shannon

Hello all! I'll be on this sailing with my 2 children and son in law. It's been several years since I've posted or checked in, but I have been looking for a great way to spend our day in Tortola this sailing and thought this was the best place to start. I was originally looking at private boat tours, but saw that most left from St Thomas, so I decided to book one while there instead. I'm now searching for a beautiful and relaxing beach day (private or group) while in Tortola. We did the DCL excursion to Jost Van Dyke in 2020 and while it was beautiful, I was hoping to find some good recommendations for more private tours this time around. What do you all have planned for this port? TIA :)

Hello!! We are so excited for our first cruise let alone it being a Disney Cruise! We are counting down the days in the app. I have 2 teens that I was trying to surprise but couldn’t keep it in so now we are all so excited. We will be visiting Florida the week prior and then headed down to the ship. I’m a planner so if anyone has advice on what to do on board or at ports please share!

Just booked today. I wish they would release the Military rates a little sooner than they do. This will be our 6th and first on the Fantasy.

We have two families sailing on this cruise! It’s our 6th DC and our friend’s first DC!! 5 kiddos ages 12, 12, 11, 10, and 6. How did everyone do with booking activities? It seems like almost everything is full now, so I’m guessing they’ve removed the capacity limit?? Has anyone seen any recent navigators from recent sailings? I think I am DISboards impaired at searching. LOL

~Erin

We have two families sailing on this cruise! It’s our 6th DC and our friend’s first DC!! 5 kiddos ages 12, 12, 11, 10, and 6. How did everyone do with booking activities? It seems like almost everything is full now, so I’m guessing they’ve removed the capacity limit?? Has anyone seen any recent navigators from recent sailings? I think I am DISboards impaired at searching. LOL

~Erin

They are not doing Navigators. Everything is on your phone now. They are no longer putting your dining rotation on you key card. Basically they want you to do everything by phone/text. In october we had to make a reservation to talk to guest services. (I am not a big fan of any of this)

They are not doing Navigators. Everything is on your phone now. They are no longer putting your dining rotation on you key card. Basically they want you to do everything by phone/text. In october we had to make a reservation to talk to guest services. (I am not a big fan of any of this)
Thank you for the info!! This cruise is our 3rd year in a row trying to do this cruise for spring break! Fingers crossed they don’t cancel!

Hi everyone- This is a tame group compared to our cruise canceled Aug 2020.

I'm searching for a Fish extender group and tips. We are cruise newbies.

Also, all excursions that we would want to do on Tortola are booked. We wanted the hiking at the Baths and it was sold out before our booking window opened, then we had the zip lines booked and the company canceled on us. Any advice?

~Erin
We weren't able to book any excursions on Tortola. We had the zip lines booked and they canceled, so I'm not sure!

Hi everyone- This is a tame group compared to our cruise canceled Aug 2020.

I'm searching for a Fish extender group and tips. We are cruise newbies.

Also, all excursions that we would want to do on Tortola are booked. We wanted the hiking at the Baths and it was sold out before our booking window opened, then we had the zip lines booked and the company canceled on us. Any advice?
We booked ziplining with a non-Disney company in St Thomas. We are doing the Jost beach day in Tortola. We have done that before and it's gorgeous. There are non-Disney day charters that could still take you to the Baths. Hope that helps!

Are you on Facebook? There is a group for our cruise sailing there too. It has about 300 members!

We are so late booking it looks like everything is sold out. This is our first Disney Cruise. Will anything open once we get onboard? Thanks for being kind.

We booked ziplining with a non-Disney company in St Thomas. We are doing the Jost beach day in Tortola. We have done that before and it's gorgeous. There are non-Disney day charters that could still take you to the Baths. Hope that helps!

Are you on Facebook? There is a group for our cruise sailing there too. It has about 300 members!
Howdy. I cant seem to find it. Whats the name of the group/page?

found it. its a group called Disney Fantasy March 19, 2022 Eastern Caribbean. I don't know if I'm allowed to link it or not but I hope that helps others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter