Marathon Weekend 2025

Okay, I wanted Goofy, but it was gone, so I'm doing Dopey.

I had another queue pop open a few minutes later when I was helping a friend, and it showed Goofy available. I was not pleased, but I'm going to my grave pretending that was an IT issue.
It'll build character....

;-)

I just noticed marathon is only $2 more than half marathon...I mean, for those of you on the fence between half and full, I mean for $2 more it seems like a no brainer. ;)

View attachment 849849
I actually was surprised when I put together my table that the Goofy challenge was less expensive than the Marathon + Half. Pretty sure in the past it was more to account for the extra shirt and medal.

Just double checked, Goofy is $7.51 less than the Marathon + Half, Dopey is $27.86 cheaper than registering for each race individually. Oh the savings! ;)

My window that I opened 10 minutes after registration is finally at 42 minutes. I'm really curious if I'll be able to register for the half, or if everything will sell out before I can get in.

(note - I shouldn't even be here right now, since I'm already registered for wine and dine, and have a trip to Disney planned for the end of January. And yet, I can't help myself.)

Wow, I figured the Marathon would be the last thing to go. I knew Goofy would go quick due to low capacity and anniversary year, not surprised by the 5 & 10K though.

I wonder if it's because MW is a week later? You don't have the crowds from NYE, and since Festival of the Arts doesn't tend to start until MLK weekend, you end up with only people registering who this is going to be a MW focused trip.

I got in for my 10th Dopey race in a row (including virtual and the Grumpy Challenge in 2017). I have a LOT of thanks to those that provided me or offered links because you helped me get in. I had 18+ windows open between computer, laptop on work VPN and phone and they ALL started with over an hour wait. It was so stressful. Eventually some of those went down to times that I could provide to others, but the early help is what I used to register for the 2nd year in a row.

so here is hoping I get my fat butt in gear and train better for #10. I hope to see you all in January and I hope your training goes well. Thank you again!!!!

edit: actually counted and it was more than 12 windows ..yikes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter