Marathon Weekend 2024

For @The Expert :)

340901412_157967176900174_4366230731641386037_n.jpg
SO appropriate! LOL

The fact that Dopey is still open after an hour this year is really making me feel better about registering for it in 2025! The fact I'm really not running it in 24 just hit me with major FOMO. Right decision for me though.
Last year was attractive themes + anniversary year (10) for Dopey. I wouldn't expect it to sell out that fast until at least the next milestone anniversary.

Are we seeing another round of Running Renaissance?
I miss Active, hard to say. This is the first time we've had this much trouble with the system, which I think is pretty awful.
Same. I had hoped my experience with W&D was an anomaly, but nope: exactly the same for this one. I cannot believe I miss Active!

I just wish there was a way to understand it all. Like, I covered all bases, right? 3 devices, multiple browsers on each, some on WiFi, some on cellular, different processing powers, entered the queues on each at different times ranging from 9:50am-10:10am… why would ALL of them stay unchanged at more than an hour for both W&D and this round???

So did Disney IT actually fix something or is demand down from last year, people chose club rundisney or charity as to not have a fight during registration? Seems so odd that 52 mins in and all but 5k available
definitely better than the DL roll out. I wonder if they increased the field size and previous years were smaller due to covid. like boston 2021 had a small field and you needed a 7:47 cushion to get in

It's probably random/coincidence, but the 9 browsers I had going gave me times in just about exactly the order I opened them (with 5 still sitting on over an hour until I closed them down). I registered my DD and I for the Half on the first I opened which was the marathon button at 9:50.

It's probably random/coincidence, but the 9 browsers I had going gave me times in just about exactly the order I opened them (with 5 still sitting on over an hour until I closed them down). I registered my DD and I for the Half on the first I opened which was the marathon button at 9:50.

Mine were all over the place. It was the second to last window that gave me the best time.

I'll take the 10!
I have three at an hour
In for lucky Dopey #7!

How ridiculously unnecessarily stressful! Disney IT is awful! Got through quickly on my laptop browsers (Edge and Chrome) but it wouldn't give me the cc payment boxes! I had to click on a queue here and get through on my phone to get the ability to pay on Safari!
So glad you made it!

definitely better than the DL roll out. I wonder if they increased the field size and previous years were smaller due to covid. like boston 2021 had a small field and you needed a 7:47 cushion to get in
I think they started allowing fewer people at a time through so they had fewer issues with people having races in their cart and selling out in the process (there were a LOT of complaints about this with DL, people expected that if they got through to the registration page, they would get their races). Would make sense given how many people had long queue times.

It is indeed randomized if you open the link before the countdown starts, but the FIRST window I opened was also my fastest, funny though.

I opened lots of browsers using the marathon link before :57, and then opened a few more using the Dopey link when all links went live around :59. Since all of mine were open before the countdown, I was randomly sorted and I had one very quick wait time in the first set (using the early marathon link) and and my next fastest was in my second set (using the later Dopey link). I'd say about half of my browsers started under 40 mins and the other half were over an hour and I closed after registering. I had a lot of friends registering that I was able to share my shorter queues with. Out of all my browsers, only ONE of mine had an almost immediate wait time, the rest started around 20 or higher.

Using Safari private browsers, all windows have a separate queue ID but chrome incognito will not have unique IDs, interestingly enough. So I generally stick to Safari on my MacBook.

Now hopefully the 7 month mark for DVC switch happens as smoothly!
Agreed! We need to add a couple of nights now that I’m in for the half but there is no more availability for our room size at one of our home resort right now and we’d need to transfer points to make the other work. How fast do you think things will fill at 7 months?!? 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter