Marathon Weekend 2024

I've done the last 7 Dopeys and was planning for this one to be my last - I have an infant (Dopey #6 I was pregnant) and a husband who also runs, so getting in the back to back long runs was a struggle. However, this weekend went better than I ever could have imagined on way less training than I usually get, so I may be back for #8 next year. Now I just have to break the news to DH...

Count me in to the group of people with a 40th very close to MW next year. I know that I just said (like 4 days ago) that I would never do Dopey again, but I can definitely see myself being ridiculous and signing up for it anyway. Maybe. We have a few other things going on next year with DS1's senior trip, etc so I'm not even sure if another rundisney "vacation" is in the budget.
40 seems like the perfect time to run Goofy. And then either run .7 miles as a shakeout, or hope your GPS overshoots the races to reach 40 total!

2023 was my third marathon and though I got a significant PR it was really painful. After, I told my wife she's never allowed to let me do another so I won't be back in 2024. But now that my legs are feeling better I'm wondering how long to wait before bringing up the idea of Goofy... waiting a couple years and doing it the year I turn 40 might be my approach. Perhaps I'll switch weekends and do Wine and Dine or Princess a couple of times before then...

Last edited:
Ugh, this thread. I thought I'm done with runDisney for a while, but who knows, I'm thinking Goofy. Come down early Friday and leave Sunday evening could keep the costs reasonable. I am running Berlin in September so we'll see what the DW thinks. May be bring my oldest son who will turn 17 on marathon day. He did the half this year on his 16th.

It's not an oversight, it's a "feature" of CrD. The way I understand it, regardless of when they open registration for the club, the membership benefits run October 1st to September 30th (or something similar). In order to use your membership benefit's for both registration for and during a given race weekend you've got to pay for two years of club membership.

Also, as I understand it, DL races aren't covered by the current club benefits, so I'd expect them to either create a DL-specific club, add a new membership level to cover DL when club registration reopens, or add an a la carte option to add DL benefits to your club membership. I'd also expect a corresponding increase to the oh-so reasonable membership costs.

Just to clarify, DL races ARE covered under current club benefits. I keep seeing this rumor going around and I'm not sure where it started. This is from the runDisney site:
1673559035448.png

Just to clarify, DL races ARE covered under current club benefits. I keep seeing this rumor going around and I'm not sure where it started. This is from the runDisney site:
View attachment 731505

I think it started because when the DL races were announced, the club page was not immediately updated. That information has been added since and was not there when many of us checked.

We are in for MW 2024. I have done a LOT of marathon weekends so not stopping now. However, the dates kind of suck and I will be celebrating my 50th Bday and we have big vacation plans for that so i have limited time i can take at MW2024. Assuming the registration goes ok, i will be in for the half only. In 2025 the dates are better and will probably be back for the 10k and Marathon but 2024 is only the half.

Now i need to find a 10k for POT. @Disney at Heart am thinking the Hartwell Dam race. Its fast right?

We are in for MW 2024. I have done a LOT of marathon weekends so not stopping now. However, the dates kind of suck and I will be celebrating my 50th Bday and we have big vacation plans for that so i have limited time i can take at MW2024. Assuming the registration goes ok, i will be in for the half only. In 2025 the dates are better and will probably be back for the 10k and Marathon but 2024 is only the half.

Now i need to find a 10k for POT. @Disney at Heart am thinking the Hartwell Dam race. Its fast right?
Welcome to the half century club! It comes with a complimentary honorary residence in Dinoland USA.

I was checking the local news website during MW and saw the headline "Dinosaurs Return to Raleigh." My first thought was "how do they know when my flight home is?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter