Marathon Weekend 2024

We are in for MW 2024. I have done a LOT of marathon weekends so not stopping now. However, the dates kind of suck and I will be celebrating my 50th Bday and we have big vacation plans for that so i have limited time i can take at MW2024. Assuming the registration goes ok, i will be in for the half only. In 2025 the dates are better and will probably be back for the 10k and Marathon but 2024 is only the half.

Now i need to find a 10k for POT. @Disney at Heart am thinking the Hartwell Dam race. Its fast right?
It's been my fastest 10k! It starts with a fast downhill on Hwy 29 to the river bridge into SC, then comes back uphill until it turns back onto the dam and is basically flat as it crosses back into Georgia. It would be great to have y'all. Registration will probably be up on runsignup.com next week. It's always the first weekend in May!

Ugh, this thread. I thought I'm done with runDisney for a while, but who knows, I'm thinking Goofy. Come down early Friday and leave Sunday evening could keep the costs reasonable. I am running Berlin in September so we'll see what the DW thinks. May be bring my oldest son who will turn 17 on marathon day. He did the half this year on his 16th.

Well, my DW asked me last night what the chances are I'll run Dopey again last night. It seems like she may have accepted my addiction and assumes I will run.

You're all making me feel old. I'll be 43 next year for Dopey.

Age is just a number. My goal is to stay as young as I can for as long as I can.
I ran my first marathon at 40 in 2018. I had quietly set a goal to run 10 marathons in my 40s, I just ran my 9th last week at 45. I've revised my goal to do the Abbott Six. Doing Berlin this September will get me half way there.

Well, my DW asked me last night what the chances are I'll run Dopey again last night. It seems like she may have accepted my addiction and assumes I will run.
In the middle of my first Dopey in 2018 my wife said, "You're going to be doing this again, aren't you?" She knew even before I did. I have registration for Dopey #4 already blocked on my calendar.

2023 was my third marathon and though I got a significant PR it was really painful. After, I told my wife she's never allowed to let me do another so I won't be back in 2024. But now that my legs are feeling better I'm wondering how long to wait before bringing up the idea of Goofy
Are we the same person? Last Sunday was also my third and a PR and the first thing I said to my partner was "never let me do that again" because of how much pain I was in. However, now I feel perfectly fine and am debating it. I'll probably stick to the half but I still have a few months to change my mind... 🤪

the first thing I said to my partner was "never let me do that again"
I learned very early in my running days (2017) to never use the word never… Specific quote that day was along the line that “I don’t understand why anyone would want to run more than 10k in life, I’ll never do that”. A few months later… “10k is way to short, I run that regularly now, let’s register to WnD Challenge”

Age is just a number and getting older is better than the alternative - my philosophy. My goal is to one day be the oldest runner regularly toeing the line!

In the mean time I plan to keep coming back to MW, and hopefully Dopey. Just got a new medal rack; need to fill that one up now!
Was scrolling through the results and the oldest (anti-youngest?) Dopey finishers this year were 83 and 82! 🤩😮

I learned very early in my running days (2017) to never use the word never… Specific quote that day was along the line that “I don’t understand why anyone would want to run more than 10k in life, I’ll never do that”. A few months later… “10k is way to short, I run that regularly now, let’s register to WnD Challenge”
You're totally right. At one point I'd "never" run a marathon and then I'd "never" run another one. Yet, here we are. I really enjoyed the training this time around so I'm sure "never" will be fairly short-lived. At the very least, I'm guessing I'll run the full for the next anniversary.

In the middle of my first Dopey in 2018 my wife said, "You're going to be doing this again, aren't you?" She knew even before I did. I have registration for Dopey #4 already blocked on my calendar.

After my DW's first Dopey in 2018, she was like "that was fun, but I'm not doing that again." A week later, she went "I miss Dopey." So she was registered for Dopey 2019. About mile 10 on Sunday, she's calling me "what did I get myself into?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter