Marathon Weekend 2023

This is the first time I've ever had s registration dream!

Last night, I dreamt that I was trying to register for Dopey but was on the fence because registration was on Tuesday and races started on Thursday, and flights and hotels were expensive and I didn't know if I was trained enough to start Dopey in two days. 😅

I'm seriously debating about what to register for tomorrow...

I've done Dopey three times (2018, 2020, 2022) and have never done a standalone marathon. After completing this year's Dopey in what was a performance I was very happy with, I decided that I'd like to do "just" the marathon next year to see how good I can do. Flying down on Saturday, racing on Sunday and heading back home on Monday would also minimize the cost and vacation days needed compared to Dopey.

My wife -- who recently started on a new weight loss journey -- has said she would really like to do the 10K. It would provide her some motivation, plus we both really like the theming of this year's races. She's recommending we go down on Thursday, she does the 10K and then I do the marathon on Sunday. I feel like if I'm arriving on Thursday, we might as well just come Wednesday and do Dopey. Dopey is A LOT of fun and I really enjoy it.

I'll let everyone know what the final call is tomorrow. It might even be a registration-time decision!
I decided I'm going to sign up for "only" the marathon to save money and time off from work and provide myself a chance at a standalone marathon. Dopey will need to wait until 2024!

This is the first time I've ever had s registration dream!

Last night, I dreamt that I was trying to register for Dopey but was on the fence because registration was on Tuesday and races started on Thursday, and flights and hotels were expensive and I didn't know if I was trained enough to start Dopey in two days. 😅
I also had dreams about trying to register. But in my case I was trying to register with a computer from circa 1995 and nothing was going well.

It may be too late to get an answer to this, but I'm not sure where I need to be to register. I have a runDisney account, but when I log in it just says "Hi, 1GoldenSun! Looks like you're not. registered for any runDisney events...etc." I'm afraid that 10:00am will roll around and it will still say that, with no option to register.

Last year when I registered for the marathon I just went to the runDisney website and clicked on the appropriate tile. I did forget last year and registered after it had been open for a couple hours but I was still able to get the marathon.

If I stay in the runDisney website, will I be able to click on the Dopey tile at 10:00? But will I then still need to log in? I don't want to waste time.

It may be too late to get an answer to this, but I'm not sure where I need to be to register. I have a runDisney account, but when I log in it just says "Hi, 1GoldenSun! Looks like you're not. registered for any runDisney events...etc." I'm afraid that 10:00am will roll around and it will still say that, with no option to register.

Last year when I registered for the marathon I just went to the runDisney website and clicked on the appropriate tile. I did forget last year and registered after it had been open for a couple hours but I was still able to get the marathon.

If I stay in the runDisney website, will I be able to click on the Dopey tile at 10:00? But will I then still need to log in? I don't want to waste time.
I just login to my account and then go back to the main runDisney page. That should be sufficient to be logged in.

Keep a browser tab open to the registration page you mentioned and logged into your account.

Keep another tab open on the marathon weekend website and click on the link when it shows up to register.

I would keep that window open (to show you are logged in), then open a new tab/window to the marathon weekend specific runDisney page where the links to register will be.

I just login to my account and then go back to the main runDisney page. That should be sufficient to be logged in.
Great; thanks! I think I'm there now.

Will it change from "Registration Opening Soon" right at 10:00 or do I need to keep refreshing?

Keep a browser tab open to the registration page you mentioned and logged into your account.

Keep another tab open on the marathon weekend website and click on the link when it shows up to register.
I'll try! I don't know if I have the technological wherewithal to register for the Dopey!

Do you have to wait for the button for the exact race you want? Or will any button work? The 10K isn't up yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter