Marathon Weekend 2022

four parks, four meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack). Tell us where you are enjoying each meal and they have be inside one of the four parks. No resorts and no repeating parks. Food carts/stands are allowed.

Breakfast: MK, Crystal Palace Character Buffet. Plate full of bacon and Tigger? Yes, please.
Lunch: HS, Brown Derby Lounge. Cocktails, charcuterie, and grapefruit cake
Dinner: Epcot. Loved dinner at Spice Road Table before the changes, don’t know how it is now...
Snack: HS, Cotton candy stand on Grand Avenue outside of Baseline. Best cotton candy of my life. It’s fruit flavored!

Our usual is a resort breakfast and then a table service lunch in the parks for a nice break in the day. This is a tough one with all the options available and some of my favorites in the same park but rules are rules so here they are:

Breakfast EP - Garden Grill - endless bacon, cinnamon rolls, and entertainment
Lunch MK - Skipper Canteen - Thai noodles with chicken, spicy and delicious
Dinner AK - Yak and Yeti - firecracker shrimp, chicken lo mein
Snack HS - Ronto wrap

SAFD:

Breakfast: I don't eat breakfast in the parks. Ever. I HAVE to eat before I go anywhere, so it just never, ever happens. Best I can give for this one is a second cup of coffee from Starbucks, lol! I'll give it to AK, since there's not much I like to eat there.
Lunch: MK, CHH - RIP Lighthouse Sandwich. Anchors Aweigh Sandwich is a good 2nd, though.
Dinner: EP, Tokyo Dining - whatever yummy vegetarian options are being offered at the time.
Snack (dessert): DHS, boozy Blue Milk in Batuu.

This is tough, and I haven't even sampled that many Disney restaurants yet!

Breakfast - AKL Jambo House breakfast buffet
Lunch - Be Our Guest french dip with a grey stuff cupcake (before it became a prix fixe and ruined everything)
Dinner - Yak and Yeti honey chicken
Snack - Sleepy Hollow funnel cake - I have not had one yet but I love funnel cakes and everyone always raves about them!

SAFD: I am ready to follow all of you! +1 on your ADR, please 😄

Breakfast: Epcot Garden Grill. It is the only in park character meal location that we haven’t tried but, given that DH must eat GF, that kind of family style meal is always the easiest at breakfast.

Option 1
Lunch: HS WLB to try the tontos chili or Mama Melrose
Snack: AK Dawa BarAfrican Margarita

Option 2
Lunch: AK Flame Tree BBQ or Satulli Canteen, never tried them but would like to
Snack: HS Oga Cantina Fuzzy Tauntaun

Dinner: MK CRT and walk out just before the show or fireworks

In a pinch, snacks like Mickey Bar and churros could be used as substitute.
In the past, Dole Whip float would have been my first choice but I make them home now so it seems like we prefer to splurge on special cocktails when on vacation.

SAFD:
I couldn’t decide between two options so I just listed both haha:

Breakfast - Gaston’s cinnamon roll OR Crystal Palace breakfast buffet, MK
Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ, AK. Never had it but look forward to trying it
Dinner - 50s Prime Time, DHS
Snack - Festival booths, EP
OR
Breakfast - Garden Grill, EP
Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ, AK. Never had it but look forward to trying it
Dinner - 50s Prime Time, DHS
Snack - Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, MK

SAFD:
I usually have breakfast in the room, so for something a little different...

Breakfast: MK- Sleepy Hollow
Strawberry Waffle and iced coffee

Lunch: HS - Hollywood Brown Derby
Scallops appetizer, The signature Cobb salad as an entree and the grapefruit cake for dessert.

Dinner: EP - Garden Grill
Hope they have the flank steak an catfish still, long with a berry crumble for dessert.

Snack: AK - Nomad Lounge
I love the mocktails and ambiance here. Sign me up for a Zingibar Fizzie and the tuna nomad bowl.

Hopefully, all of this eating would occur on a race trip so I would have the incentive to race off all that delicious food. 😋

I'm just getting into running with a goal of 2023 Disney events. In reading through this thread, what does SAFD mean?

SAFD is shorthand for “Sunday is for Disney”. It is typically a Disney related question, not always race related, designed to keep everyone engaged, supported and excited during the wait for the next Marathon Weekend. I would also suggest you start following the 2021 Running Thread; a good source of information and support.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!