Marathon Weekend 2022

SAFD:
I run because I enjoy it and I can. I love the the challenge and fulfillment running provides. I love the friendships and connections I have made. I appreciate that it is keeping me healthy and active. I have an addiction to shiny medals that I like to place on my (second) medal rack. And I love that it has provided an excuse to go to WDW every January for MW.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, it's one of my favorite challenges: four parks, four meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack). Tell us where you are enjoying each meal and they have be inside one of the four parks. No resorts and no repeating parks. Food carts/stands are allowed.

Also, yeah, we probably wouldn't each this much in a day, but just try to have fun with it!

- Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table (MK). We ate there about a decade ago, so I hope the stuffed French toast is still around. I always love MK first thing in the morning.
- Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ (AK). Top tier quick service and one of the best in-park dining experiences period, IMO. I should go light after the heavy breakfast, but the sampler is calling my name.
- Dinner: Le Cellier (Epcot). I've never done this before, but a big ol' steak for dinner sounds pretty amazing.
- Snack: Woody's Lunch Box (HS). Do totchos count as a snack? I'm counting them as a snack as I watch fireworks at the end of the night. Send a forklift to get me back to my resort.

I would maybe swap my dinner and snack. 50s Prime for dinner and maybe some nachos for a snack. I know 50s Prime is no Le Cellier, but I'd rather watch an Epcot show at the end of the night. Anyway.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

SAFD:

Breakfast: Definitely at MK because it’s the worst for food (IMO, although I don’t hate Skipper Canteen) and I don’t really eat breakfast. On that front I’d go essentially dessert for breakfast; a Gaston’s cinnamon roll or Nutella and fruit waffle would both do the trick nicely.

Lunch: AK. Satuuli. This.
5E0975C2-0565-4B92-B8C4-15F3B0FDF250.jpeg
Simple.

Snack: Ronto wrap at DHS. I could also swap breakfast and snack and do a Ronto wrap for breakfast and cinnamon roll and Peter Pan Float (they can be attained in the same vicinity of the park, I’ll allow it) for a snack.

Dinner: Ive left Epcot because it has the most/best options for me. I’ve had good dinners at Chefs de France, Restaurant Marrakech, Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, and a few others. I could also grab something smaller from Les Halles, Tangierine Cafe, or do a little festival hop (since festivals are basically 365 days a year now). I really hope Restaurant Marrakech (or a new Moroccan restaurant) comes back in the future. I know it was never the most popular (be it location or the cuisine being a little too unfamiliar for a large portion of Epcot patrons), but I think Epcot is much better for the diversity of choice.

I could probably draw up about 50 of these and feel pretty good about all of them.

SAFD: This question is very relevant, because DH and I are headed to Disney TOMORROW! MW 2020 seems a long time ago, with a lot of bad stuff since, and I am so looking forward to some Disney magic. We are only planning AK and HS this trip, but we’ve certainly been considering all our dining options, and have some new-to-us places lined up (we like to add as many new dining experiences as possible each trip, while making sure to visit favorites, too). I expect these next few days to involve a LOT of eating and drinking!

Breakfast— I’m not a big breakfast person, but I’ll copy @lhermiston and say Cinderella’s Royal Table (MK) because we’ve never done it, and I’m sure it’s wonderful.
Lunch—Tiffin’s (AK) because we haven’t been there, but are having lunch there on Tuesday. It’s been on our radar for a while, and I’m very excited about it.
Dinner—La Cantina de San Angel (EP). It’s been quite a while since we’ve been there, and I love eating next to the volcano. The food is always excellent.
Snack—Milk Stand (HS). We are planning to try the blue milk on Thursday. It’ll be our first time at Galaxy’s Edge, and we are really hoping to ride RoTR, and enjoy the Star Wars immersion.

Our countdown blocks:

DF5D8D41-91B1-4C5A-9200-4A6683F48921.jpeg

SAFD:

we never eat breakfast in the parks because we have historically been hardcore rope droppers, except for the one morning we did the EMM for toy story, and that included breakfast. We actually usually don't eat sit-down meals in the park because we want to do all of the things.

Breakfast: the EMM breakfast for TSL at HS. Shrimp. Fresh donuts. Nice location to avoid the enormous thunderstorm that rolled through just as the park opened for general admission....yeah this was a good choice!

Lunch: Spicy Tuna bowl at Tiffins Lounge (went with DH for our anniversary trip, otherwise this would have been completely off the radar. The drinks didn't hurt either.)

Dinner: tie between Satuli Canteen beef bowl and Flame Tree BBQ.

Snack: Oh man. This is probably a 4-way tie between Sleepy Hollow nutella waffle, spicy chicken waffle, HS carrot cake cookie, and sea scallops at epcot during a festival (had these during F&G a few years ago at the canada pavillion and YUM.)

SAFD:

Breakfast: The Garden Grill (EP) - Love the fact it very slowly rotates so you take in different scenery throughout the breakfast and the cinnamon loaf...... id happily eat that and nothing else!. Just hope that character meet and greets are back to normal by time our next visit (November next year)

Lunch: The Plaza (MK) i personally think this is an underrated place. few people often seem to mention it and i suppose it is on the smaller size of Disney dining places, but we love it here. Always had good service and great food.

Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (AK)............ Beastly burger... we dont leave for over 550 days yet and i already know my first meal when we arrive.... i love the food, love the burger and i love the rainforest/jungle ambiance.

Snack: Pizzarizzo (HS) Not sure if this counts as a snack or lunch, but we only use it as a snack to grab a little pizza each and carry on around the park (Hence why i am selecting it as a snack option). Really like the pizza here. I see so many unremarkable comments but we all love it..... as a snack anyway!

Breakfast: This is actually the hardest one for me, I don't usually do breakfast in the parks. I think Woody's Lunchbox in HS is the best imo.
In the resorts the California Grill brunch is 100% worth the price tag, though.
Lunch: Satuli Canteen (AK), hands down.
Snack: Eggroll of the week and a Dole Whip in Adventureland (MK)
Dinner: Takumei-Tei (EP) because I've always wanted to go, followed by a visit to La Cava del Tequila for a nightcap :)

Lunch—Tiffin’s (AK) because we haven’t been there, but are having lunch there on Tuesday. It’s been on our radar for a while, and I’m very excited about it.
If you have some spare time, the Nomad Lounge is a great stop for a drink(s) and small plate before you go to Tiffins. Easily one of my favorite places in the parks.

SAFD:

Breakfast: EPCOT Garden Grill (really wanted the Carmel popcorn snack here because I always get it, but couldn’t think of another breakfast that I wanted in the parks)

Lunch: AK Flame Tree BBQ

Dinner: MK Liberty Tree Tavern (I have to have some Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!)

Snack: HS Popcorn Cart?? (Or maybe a Mickey Pretzel?? Or a Mickey Ice Cream Bar??)

SAFD:
Breakfast - Tusker House in AK (TBH I have only had lunch there but I have had the Boma brunch and I hear that it is similar?)
Lunch - Docking Bay 7 in SWGE at HS - just love the atmosphere in GE and the food here is yummy
Dinner - Skipper Canteen in MK
Snack - some tasty bite from one of the festival booths! There always seems to be a festival at Epcot these days!

On another note - I am now fully vaccinated and I WANT TO RACE AT WDW AGAIN soooo much! Please Disney - make my dreams come true!!

SAFD:

I usually have 6-10 meals. What happened to second breakfast?

Breakfast: EP - Sunshine Seasons - Overnight Oats
Lunch: MK - Casey's Corner - Plant-Based Slaw Dog
Dinner: AK - Satuli Canteen - Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl
Snack: HS - The Trolley Car Café - Carrot Cake Cookie

Breakfast: This is actually the hardest one for me, I don't usually do breakfast in the parks. I think Woody's Lunchbox in HS is the best imo.
In the resorts the California Grill brunch is 100% worth the price tag, though.
Lunch: Satuli Canteen (AK), hands down.
Snack: Eggroll of the week and a Dole Whip in Adventureland (MK)
Dinner: Takumei-Tei (EP) because I've always wanted to go, followed by a visit to La Cava del Tequila for a nightcap :)

If you have some spare time, the Nomad Lounge is a great stop for a drink(s) and small plate before you go to Tiffins. Easily one of my favorite places in the parks.

We will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip!

This is an interesting one.

I normally do breakfast at the resort. The Boardwalk Bakery is a favorite. If I get a breakfast snack in the parks, I go to Starbucks. It’s also nice to get an iced tea pick me up :)
I like EPCOT for most meals since I can get non-greasy options. The Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is great for their gyros. I’ve also eaten at the quick service in Japan.
I like Pecos Bill’s at MK since their tacos are a nice change of pace. And you can’t go wrong with a dole whip!

SAFD: This one is always tough! It hurts my heart to cut Epcot out of the lunch/dinner rotation, but needs must, I guess.

Breakfast - Hollywood Studios, Ronto Roasters, Ronto Morning Wrap. I don’t usually eat breakfast in the parks so I’ll combine my least favorite park with my least favorite meal and get both out of the way. The Ronto Morning Wrap does look tasty, though.

Lunch - Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree Barbecue, St Louis Rib meal. I enjoy the ambience of sitting and eating next to the lake almost as much as the food. It’s a calm, quiet, shaded getaway to relax and have a good meal in the midst of a busy park.

Dinner - Magic Kingdom, Columbia Harbour House, Lobster Roll and Clam Chowder. My absolute favorite going back many years. I was dreading eating at MK on my April trip with CHH closed. I was excited to stumble onto the fact that most of CHHs menu is currently being offered at Tomorrowland Terrace! No clam chowder, but the lobster rolls were still on offer.

Snack - Epcot, Karamell-Kuche, Caramel Popcorn and Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt. Yum. Just yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter