• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what Disney IPs would you like to see better represented at the parks?

Prior to the announced Splash Mountain changes, my top answer would’ve been Princess and the Frog. We need a Tiana’s Place in MK or Epcot!

I’d love to see Hercules (Greece pavilion) or Tarzan in the parks, too.

Have a great week, everyone!
I completely agree.
Tiana, beignets, New Orleans Jazz, gator on a stick
Hercules, Greek Food, boat ride across the River Styx, Toga parties, Greek dancing, Ouzo…
Also:
Odd Squad take-over of Tower of Terror.
Emperors New Groove Peruvian Food with Macchu Pichu land, roller coaster as depicted in the movie
Rio Brazilian food, Churrascaria, carnival, samba music
Maybe add Herbie the Love Bug to the Speedway

Last edited:
SAFD: A lot of my thoughts have already been said. But one I think would be neat would be to incorporate a National Treasure hunt incorporated into World Showcase in Epcot. Something fairly easy but would maybe get people to explore a country they might otherwise skip. Then some prize at the end. But I’m a nerd so it might not be that popular lol.

SAFD: On this one, I'm going to go the opposite direction and suggest they stop trying to push so much IP onto the property. The new stuff with IP incorporated into the design (Tron coaster, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.) is fine, but I'm not a fan of Disney trying to overlay IP onto every part of the parks and resorts. I'm not a fan of the new versions of El Rio del Tiempo, Maelstrom, and whatever else they try to "improve" by adding in characters which weren't originally there. It just seems like they're trying to turn every ride/attraction into a commercial for characters/IP. I'm also not loving the need to retheme all the hotel rooms to reflect some IP either (see the Poly and Contemporary room makeovers, and whatever's coming for the rest of the resorts). Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge fan of Mickey and most of the IP, but I don't need to see a character EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND. of my stay on property.

SAFD: On this one, I'm going to go the opposite direction and suggest they stop trying to push so much IP onto the property. The new stuff with IP incorporated into the design (Tron coaster, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.) is fine, but I'm not a fan of Disney trying to overlay IP onto every part of the parks and resorts. I'm not a fan of the new versions of El Rio del Tiempo, Maelstrom, and whatever else they try to "improve" by adding in characters which weren't originally there. It just seems like they're trying to turn every ride/attraction into a commercial for characters/IP. I'm also not loving the need to retheme all the hotel rooms to reflect some IP either (see the Poly and Contemporary room makeovers, and whatever's coming for the rest of the resorts). Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge fan of Mickey and most of the IP, but I don't need to see a character EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND. of my stay on property.
I’ll add Pirates in there too. The first movie was fun, and then the others got worse and worse. I’m fine with them changing the auction scene. I’d like less Jack Sparrow on that ride.

SAFD: On this one, I'm going to go the opposite direction and suggest they stop trying to push so much IP onto the property. The new stuff with IP incorporated into the design (Tron coaster, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.) is fine, but I'm not a fan of Disney trying to overlay IP onto every part of the parks and resorts. I'm also not loving the need to retheme all the hotel rooms to reflect some IP either (see the Poly and Contemporary room makeovers, and whatever's coming for the rest of the resorts).

I agree the the classics need to stay classics, but I do appreciate that they are attempting to “update” some things to reflect their newer fan base. Overlays are a relatively easy way to do that.

As for the resorts, I feel like some of this re-theming is a response to the very LOUD group that complained about how un-Disney and generic the rooms had become. Could they have been more subtle? Yeah. But as I love AoA, I’m going to enjoy more heavily themed resorts 😂

SAFD: I'm still waiting to see Arlo in Dinoland. It's the worst land in all of Disney World, they could at least integrate some IP to try to tie it in with the rest of the parks.

For the love, NO. That movie was awful. *shudder*

SAFD: A lot of my thoughts have already been said. But one I think would be neat would be to incorporate a National Treasure hunt incorporated into World Showcase in Epcot. Something fairly easy but would maybe get people to explore a country they might otherwise skip. Then some prize at the end. But I’m a nerd so it might not be that popular lol.
They keep updating the scavenger hunts regularly, I could see them tying it into the new series coming out on D+

ALL the info for MW is up on the rD site! (And being discussed in the race updates thread.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter