Marathon Weekend 2022

RACE - 5k
DIS'er name - rundisfan
Costume/Clothing - Still deciding - maybe sorcerer Mickey.
Bib# - ?
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - under 8m
Club runDisney Platinum? - (Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Not sure yet
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Late
Expected Race Pace - 7:45

RACE - 10k
DIS'er name - rundisfan
Costume/Clothing - Not sure yet - maybe Pooh.
Bib# - ?
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - don't remember
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front-ish
Expected Race Pace - 8:30

RACE - Half
DIS'er name - rundisfan
Costume/Clothing - not sure yet - maybe Elastigirl.
Bib# - ?
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 1:36
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Middle
Expected Race Pace - 10:00 - this is my character photo day

RACE - Full
DIS'er name - rundisfan
Costume/Clothing - No costume just run attire.
Bib# - ?
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 3:30
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Usually late but switching to early with these huge corrals
Expected Race Pace - 8:20 unless we have 2020 weather

I was listening to my Peloton training run today and he said "start checking out what the weather is expected to be for your race day and think about what you're going to wear." Well, that made me laugh while I was otherwise trying to get in a tough speed workout.
I ordered ponchos from Amazon and cold gear from Under Armour this week. I have everything in between already, but need to make sure I have everything covered :P

I normally create the new thread before heading out to DATW, but these aren’t normal times. Since race weekend in 2022 is going to be epic, including the return of Rogue Two and the Roving Goof Troop Road Party (TM), we might as well get started early. :)
Has anyone heard or have any news on if Disney may offer to mail out the 2022 medals due to the new strain of covid & what its doing for travel restraints. My wife & I live in Canada , got the 2021 medals & did that virtually. She was going for her 9th straight Dopey in 2022 , but with everything going on with travel it looks like we probably won't make it down. The run disney site is down & I can't find anything on it. My wife thought that she saw , when we registered that they were offering the virtual run , wondering if there is a way we can do that. Any help would be great , Thank you.

Has anyone heard or have any news on if Disney may offer to mail out the 2022 medals due to the new strain of covid & what its doing for travel restraints. My wife & I live in Canada , got the 2021 medals & did that virtually. She was going for her 9th straight Dopey in 2022 , but with everything going on with travel it looks like we probably won't make it down. The run disney site is down & I can't find anything on it. My wife thought that she saw , when we registered that they were offering the virtual run , wondering if there is a way we can do that. Any help would be great , Thank you.

There was a virtual option but it sold out. To my knowledge you can't convert in person to virtual.

If the border closed and you aren't allowed to travel rD may allow non-US runners to change to virtual but if not traveling is just a choice you may be out.

In any case it doesn't hurt to email them with your scenario and see if they can be flexible. I would hope with all the uncertainty they would be less rigid with their policies.

There was a virtual option but it sold out. To my knowledge you can't convert in person to virtual.

If the border closed and you aren't allowed to travel rD may allow non-US runners to change to virtual but if not traveling is just a choice you may be out.

In any case it doesn't hurt to email them with your scenario and see if they can be flexible. I would hope with all the uncertainty they would be less rigid with their policies.
That's kind of what we were hoping is there might be a chance to switch it. We've been to Florida umpteen times over the years for runs, been to Paris 3 times for their runs, also been to California 4-5 times for the halves out there. Very troubling times , now that this new variant is out. We are both double vaxed. Our fear is not so much the virus but more the chance of not getting test results to fly & what not. It would be very disheartening if RunDisney wouldn't try to work wit h us. I realize it;s a big company but really.

Can't find anywhere that I can even email to find something out. Just called the Disney world phone # 2.5 hr wait to speak to someome , that in all honesty , wouldn't know anything about RunDisney. So frustrated.

With me only running the 10K this year with my daughter I havent been following much at all and just noticed the new course for the 10k...not sure how I feel about it (and Im sure it's been discussed already so sorry for my tardiness).

I like the addition of Hollywood Studios but not sure I like losing all of world showcase at the end.

Yes as GreatLakes mentioned, the virtual races are all sold out for MW.

Curious as to how you got your medals for 2021? Did you ship them to a mail forwarder? Cause rD explicitely states they don't ship medals internationally:

I signed my digital waiver!

Can someone remind me for Wine and Dine when people were able to see bib numbers? Was it not until a few days before when the expo passes were available? I know starting groups won’t be officially known until pickup, but it would at least be nice to have a general idea based on number. If there are 6 groups, I’m expecting to be in at least 4, but will be okay as long as I’m not in the last. I’ll take as much of a cushion as possible especially for the full! I’m nervous about being far back since I was honest about approximate finish time but know that others might have predicted faster to avoid the back since they don’t need proof.

RACE - 5K
NAME - Keith
DIS'er name -
Neon Cactus
Costume/Clothing -
No costume, I will probably wear my Disneyland 5K shirt from 1995.
Bib# -?
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -13 min/mile
Club runDisney Platinum? -
(Yes or No) N
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Y
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early bird
Expected Race Pace -

RACE - 10K
NAME - Keith
DIS'er name - Neon Cactus
Costume/Clothing -Undecided
Bib# - ??
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 13 min/mile
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Yes
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early Bird
Expected Race Pace -

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Keith
Costume/Clothing - Undecided
Bib# - ??
(Yes or No) No
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early Bird
Expected Race Pace -
14 min/mile

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Keith
Costume/Clothing - Probably my Captain America running shirt
Bib# - ??
(Yes or No) No
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Easly Bird
Expected Race Pace -
15-16

Can someone remind me for Wine and Dine when people were able to see bib numbers? Was it not until a few days before when the expo passes were available?

Runners learned their bib number from their "Expo Pass" on 10/29 (link) with the Expo occurring on 11/4. Per the MW 2022 event guide, the expo pass for MW is expected around 1/3/22. The expo pass for WD was a few days earlier than it was listed in the event guide for that event.

If there are 6 groups, I’m expecting to be in at least 4, but will be okay as long as I’m not in the last. I’ll take as much of a cushion as possible especially for the full! I’m nervous about being far back since I was honest about approximate finish time but know that others might have predicted faster to avoid the back since they don’t need proof.

The 2021 Wine and Dine data lined up well with what I had predicted over the summer with the distribution of runners in the starting groups (with about ~30% putting the fastest non-POT estimate). I anticipate we'll see something similar for MW 2022. This is what I'm currently using for the DIS List file until I see data to suggest otherwise:

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 9.03.43 AM.png

A few assumptions are being made:
-The last person will start at approximately 6am (60 min after gun start)
-Like WD, POT will all be in s1.
-Like WD, club rD Plat will be in s2.
-Like WD and like my summer data suggested, there will be about 30-40% of the field in the first non-POT estimate.
-The 6-6.5 and 6.5-7 groups will be roughly the same size as they always have been. Because those runners had the opportunity in the past to be 5.5-6 and voluntarily chose not to.

So the above is the breakdown of the total field I expect in each of the six corrals based on historical data and the assumptions above. If you chose the 5:30-6:00 hr group, then about 30% of the field will be behind you. If there are 15,000 marathon runners, then that would be about 4500 runners.

Was able to send/transfer the waiver today with no funky error message. So that's a win.

Roll back long run tomorrow of 14 miles then the start of the huge milage week. Rest, 5, 10, 5, rest 20. Then the taper begins. Trust the process to get the reward. 30 days to my first marathon. Starting to get real.

Random Q about buses since it's been a topic of conversation for runners: how are spectators on-site supposed to get to Magic Kingdom for the half and full? Is that covered by the bus route taking runners to Epcot? Mostly just want to make sure I'm covered, because if not, I might have to come up with an alternative solution to get my family over there.

So it turns out that I apparently was overly optimistic about finish time at registration and put 5:00-5:30. I should have done 5:30-6:00. :headache: At Wine and Dine were people allowed to move back like they used to?

RACE - Dopey
NAME - Jamie M
DIS'er name - RunWI1265
Costume/Clothing - Regular running clothes, no costume
Bib# - ?
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - Marathon: 4:31-5:00
Club runDisney Platinum? - No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - maybe??
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Where ever I end up. I’ll fill in gaps to try and get to the front but won’t be pushy.
Early Bird or Late Arriver - most likely early, thanks anxiety 😆

Apologies if this has been asked before, but currently I’m landing at MCO on Wednesday at 1:08. I was planning to Uber/Lyft to Coronado springs and drop my bags at bell services and then Uber to the expo, hopefully w the same driver to be quick. Based on peoples past experiences will I still have a good chance of getting Dopey merch in the afternoon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter