• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

I wish all of you trying for Dopey and Goofy the best of luck during registration tomorrow! But if for some reason you get shut out, we at Team Just will welcome you to our Marathon race. A quick glance at the Boards show that you will join marathon (only) runners @Livelovedance, @GreatLakes, @jmasgat, @Jennx36 and hubby, @xjillianpaige, @cburnett11 's wife, @steph0808, @HockeyMomNH, @Cabius, and @Kerry1957 with many more to come.
This is my plan too, unless temporary insanity takes over or my mouse slips (oops) and I wind up registering for Goofy...

Without commenting on the political aspects of anything, I wonder if the US decision to maintain restrictions on travel from Europe and the UK that was announced today will have any effect on registration tomorrow or if the race date is far enough out that international runners will be willing to roll the dice on restrictions being lifted in time for the races.

You have to add the second registration for the same person after you've completed the first race registration. You can do it all in one transaction though (i.e. you don't have to leave the registration page and go back into the queue). You'll see an image like below:

View attachment 592472

You'll only be able to click on one of the choices. So you wouldn't be able to click 10k and HM simultaneously. That's because they have two slightly different sets of secondary questions. So do your 10k registration, then at the bottom of the page you'll see:

View attachment 592473

"I want to add another registration" and once you've finished your 10k registration, you can then add your HM registration. After that you'll go through a third time to add your DH's 10k. Once all three have been filled out, then you click "Next Step" and are taken to the pay screen.
Perfect! Thank you so much.

Without commenting on the political aspects of anything, I wonder if the US decision to maintain restrictions on travel from Europe and the UK that was announced today will have any effect on registration tomorrow or if the race date is far enough out that international runners will be willing to roll the dice on restrictions being lifted in time for the races.
Ugh! I didn't see this. I suspect it will. What a bummer for non-US citizens.

Last year you got a refund if you cancelled completely or a Disney e gift card for the difference if you opted for the virtual race.

Or you could cancel, get the refund, and then register for the virtual race if you didn’t want to deal with the e gift card getting emailed to your spam folder 😂
That last one was the option I went with. Haha!

SAFD: I'm currently arguing with myself. I want to run Dopey 2022 live. Based on runDisney Disneyland history, I hope for WDW 50th anniversary medals for this race weekend. However, I have a possible trip with friends planned in December and with AP uncertainty, I'm not sure. Then factor in the possible race changes due to the pandemic and I think that maybe virtual Dopey is the better option. Same medals and then maybe go back live for 2023.

Coming from Canada and I'll still be registering us. I don't expect any issues as we can still enter by air.

You can see the queue ID in the image below starting with "28de".

View attachment 591631
Thinking about this a little more...

Tomorrow morning when I have a link open on my phone, my chrome browser and my Microsoft Edge Browser...

If the one on my phone has a shorter wait time than the one on my computer, I can just copy the link from my phone with the "28de" and put that in a browser on my computer to use that one?

I find it easier to fill in the fields from the computer.

Tomorrow morning when I have a link open on my phone, my chrome browser and my Microsoft Edge Browser...

If the one on my phone has a shorter wait time than the one on my computer, I can just copy the link from my phone with the "28de" and put that in a browser on my computer to use that one?

I suspect that wouldn't work -- they likely establish a session with your specific device, and it would break down. I wouldn't take the risk, having not had the ability to test that before.

IIRC from the DL event registration, this is exactly how it works. If for some reason it has changed and it doesn't, just open it again on your phone. The whole idea of the queue link is so you can switch devices or get offline and back on later. That's why sending that link to someone else works, too. It is in no way tied to you or a specific device as far as I can tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter