Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD:
Thankful for all of my running friends for helping keep me motivated to keep running and drinking. I've enjoyed running in person and virtually all over the world this year.
Also thankful that when I was laid off for 5 months that I had the resources to survive (and get two short Disney World trips in).
And thankful I was able to go to my first World Series game and that the Dodgers, who I grew up watching, would be one of the teams playing. And thankful that they finally didn't blow it!

Agree with everything mentioned by @lhermiston, @rteetz @shellott-hill and @Neon Cactus

On the running front, I am glad for the opportunity to learn how to be a better ultra runner this year. To be able to ramp my mileage, do some virtual races in the heat of the Houston summer and how to run through injuries. I think those 2 hours a day I got back due to no commute have paid off.

On the Disney side, I am glad that we got to celebrate our 25th anniversary with 2020 Dopey and two wonderful weeks at WDW. I am especially grateful for that time now that the world has changed for so many people.

I am well aware that this is the first virtual run but do they give you a app to track your progress I am doing str7va so my dad can track but I s Disney providing one

@Barca33Runner congrats on the new pup! So cute!

I am thankful for my family and friends and pets
for good health
for being able to run, bike and swim (exercise is the only thing keeping me sane lately!)
for my job
for freedom
and for the technology that lets us keep up with those we can’t be with right now-including these boards that help keep happy memories and hope for a better future alive!

Any chance that we might get marathon ears this year if we opted for virtual? I really love the ears and have the ones from the past 3 years.

So pepole on the run Disney page is saying the race is hybrid but from my understanding it is virtual only

View attachment 540168

@Wendy1985 , the screenshot you posted is from the runDisney website, where it very clearly states that the Marathon Weekend races are virtual only. Whatever site that you may have read the race is hybrid was not runDisney.com. @rteetz is correct (as he always is😉 ) that Star Wars Rival Run Weekend has not yet announced if they will be on site, virtual, hybrid, or cancelled. Trust runDisney.com; do not trust FB groups, instagram, or even a random posting on this site.
Hope that helps

@Wendy1985 , the screenshot you posted is from the runDisney website, where it very clearly states that the Marathon Weekend races are virtual only. Whatever site that you may have read the race is hybrid was not runDisney.com. @rteetz is correct (as he always is😉 ) that Star Wars Rival Run Weekend has not yet announced if they will be on site, virtual, hybrid, or cancelled. Trust runDisney.com; do not trust FB groups, instagram, or even a random posting on this site.
Hope that helps

Sorry I dont know were the hybrid came from

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter