Marathon Weekend 2020

Meh, I leave tomorrow night and am still not packed. PLENTY of time!

This is my packing philosophy as well. If I do it too early, I overpack.

Just spotted on Facebook:

View attachment 463489

Oh, man. I'm going to be a wreck by 24.5, but I think I'm going to have to stop for this one!

My corn-growing, light beer drinking, former 4-Her Ohioan DH will take you up on that offer! 😂😂😂

My Hoosier husband is a whiskey drinker, but I'm sure he'd love to weigh in with his opinions about State Fair Butter Cows and Big 10 sports. :rotfl2:

I am very confused. I love the expo. Don't get me wrong. But what are they getting in line for? My bib will not change. I love some good running merchandise, but I don't know what they have until I go and buy what I see. Is there some limited edition thing that I am going to be sad for my entire life not having gotten? If so, oh well . ..

My guess would be the 4 parks ears.

Here's a tip if you're looking to save a little bit of money during MW:
  • Open the "Virtual Goody Bag" under the EXPO section of the Digital Event Guide. Or just click Here463667
  • Open the Disney Springs section
  • There are a bunch of retail and food discounts...Last year I got 20% my Carb-load meal at Maria & Enzo's. This year, I plan to use it at Terralina (the old Portobello).
  • You just need to show your medal or Bib

The heat has me nervous. It is supposed to be hotter than 2013. I have to get my head around not getting a personal course record for this although I am trained for it. That makes me sad. I train at 70 degrees, so while I likely will be fine for the first 2 hours of the marathon before the sun rises, it is going to get hot. Standard running convention says that you lose 30 seconds for every 5 degrees above 60. Off to crunch my pacing chart. . . Working to get my head around having fun more than getting a good time. Heck, if it is too bad maybe I'll use it as an excuse to ride a ride. . . On a side note, anybody doing ROTR tomorrow at rope drop? I thought it would be good to try to acclimate to getting up earlier and earlier :-)

I wonder what percent are runners and what percent are eBay resellers....
Probably lots of re-sellers sadly they need to either put tighter limits or make you show your bib/registration email to cash out
I am very confused. I love the expo. Don't get me wrong. But what are they getting in line for? My bib will not change. I love some good running merchandise, but I don't know what they have until I go and buy what I see. Is there some limited edition thing that I am going to be sad for my entire life not having gotten? If so, oh well . ..
It's the EBAY resellers buying all the pins and magnets

Any idea if the race participant discount can be used on top of the AP discount at the restaurants?

First time poster here and getting really excited for this weekend!

Any idea if the race participant discount can be used on top of the AP discount at the restaurants?

First time poster here and getting really excited for this weekend!
Probably not. BTW, welcome to the madness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter