Marathon Weekend 2020

Cape May Cafe breakfast buffet was awesome the couple of times we stayed at Beach Club and ate there after the half marathon! But that may have been partially because I was tired and starving. Boma is awesome and has been our favorite "leaving Disney" breakfast because of the huge number of choices - standard and unique. Of course, any bakery has variety, from breakfast sandwiches to pastries, but Les Halles is my first choice there!
DH is a BIG breakfast eater, but if it's not served someplace special, I generally have a bottle of chocolate milk and call it done until lunchtime.

SAFD:
Tusker House and Garden Grill are our favorites so far. We have yet to try Boma but plan to do so at some point. We will be trying Cape May breakfast in July.

I prefer GG over TH, personally. I like that they bring the food to you. At TH, trying to maneuver the buffet with two young children plus the characters gets a little overwhelming for me. But the food at both places is wonderful

Boma or Kona Cafe. Boma has so many unique options in addition to the usual breakfast items, plus the frunch/jungle juice/whatever they call it now. And I love the Tonga Toast and macadamia nut pancakes at Kona.
You are soooo right. When we go to Kona Cafe, we order Tonga Toast AND pineapple/macadamia nut pancakes and split the meals so we each eat some of both. Of course the problem is that we can't eat it all! And the juice (Lilikoi juice) is awesome. They have basically the same juice at Rainforest Cafe, Boma, and Tusker House (Jungle Juice) and Trail's End (Moonshine) and probably other restaurants - orange juice, passion fruit and guava, my favorite mixed drink! :flower:

I usually just have breakfast in the room except maybe a couple quick serve things from the food court a few times. But, I'm partial to a Crystal Palace breakfast, which I haven't done in awhile. I don't think they still have it or didn't last time I went, but I used to love the breakfast lasagna (super fancy bread pudding basically)

SAFD:

Not a breakfast eater. I don’t drink coffee, so I’ve never built a meal around it. We will be doing our first organized breakfast ever at Disney in September. I booked the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno for the Sunday that we are doing MNSSHP. I’ve seen a lot of great reviews for that one and it seemed like a nice idea for a day when we don’t want to burn out at parks before a long night of fun. Breakfast at 9 and then lounging around the pool/hotel until we head over to MK.

The only other “breakfast” I do at the parks is Les Halles. It’s still pretty much my favorite place in the parks and, even though it’s immensely popular, I still seem to go when the lines are short and it feels like my own private little discovery that I felt it was when I first stumbled upon it.

SAFD: We typically have a light breakfast in the room then complement it in the park with a Starbucks latte and some solid morning snacks like a Mickey waffle, Les Halles baguette, Sleepy Hollow waffle etc.

We did enjoy our share of sit down breakfasts in the past. If money was no object, I would eat at Cinderella Royal Table once a trip just for the beauty and ambiance. My daughters would probably answer Chef Mickey for the same reasons.

And on non-park or relax days, we sometimes just enjoy the terrace or sunroom of whichever food courts we are at (think GF marina view or BC solarium).

There is also the strategic BOG at 8AM which allows for the best rope-dropping experience: First in the part, quick preordered beakfast in a ballroom followed by first in 7DMT and Peter Pan... All before the 9AM park opening! That point is mute for a few months because of the Very Early EMH.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, I want to know where is your favorite place to get breakfast at WDW?
Tusker House! It is becoming a tradition for me. The food is delicious and there are so many yummy (and vegetarian friendly) options. The characters are always fun and I enjoy seeing them in their safari outfits. I like to book early so I can finish my meal around the time the park opens and beat the crowds. It’s a great (albeit filling) way to begin your day!

I’ll answer for Disneyland since I haven’t been to WDW yet. Right now Carnation Cafe on Main Street is our breakfast place. We usually eat in or room but try to do CC once a trip.

Actually heading to Disneyland today for the week! (Galaxys Edge reservation tomorrow!!!!!) Other than the Disney runs, has anyone gone running in the Harbor Hotel area? Our hotel doesn’t have a fitness center and I don’t really want to go the whole week without a run. Just wondering if it’s safe.

SAFD: I don’t usually eat breakfast at Disney restaurants. I usually take bars for a quick bite in the room before we head into the parks. On the odd occasion when I need something more substantial, I’ll just eat at the resort food court. Back in the days of taking kids, we tried the character breakfasts at Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare and Cinderella’s Castle. None of them were really anything special, though.

SAFD usually something light and a coffee or two but every now and again it’s good to sit and eat, when that is the case I have to add a vote for Tusker House. More food than I should eat in a day, the best characters, and jungle juice.
A close runner up is Ohana’s as Stitch is a favorite and the food is good but just can’t quite beat the best

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, I want to know where is your favorite place to get breakfast at WDW?

I’m not a big breakfast eater, but in the past I enjoyed getting an ADR to get into MK early. We’ve done Crystal Palace several times, but I think Cinderella’s Royal Table has been my favorite.

Have a great week, everyone!

France! Nothing beats champagne for breakfast. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts