Marathon Weekend 2020

The first movie I saw in the theater and still one of my favorites. Lost in the flood of classics released immediately afterward. Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King is a murderers row.

Lol, you just made me feel sooooo old 😄

I couldn’t tell you exactly what the first Disney film that I saw in theaters, but I know I saw Jungle Book. First movie I remember seeing for sure in a theater was the Sound of Music because we were on a trip and it was the first time I had ever been in a large fancy theater.

I saw all the movies you listed with my children though 👍🏼

SAFD: I will attempt to keep this short and split it into some categories because it's easier for me that way. I'm also keeping it low because I don't want to be posting into next weekend.

Movie Songs:

1. Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty
2. When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio
3. I See The Light from Tangled.
4. Can You Feel the Love Tonight from The Lion King
5. Let's Go Fly a Kite from Mary Poppins. This leaped forward after this year's marathon.

Movie Soundtracks (Score included)

1. Star Wars. John Williams wrote the soundtrack of my childhood. And my adulthood as it turns out.
2. Sleeping Beauty (George Bruns did an amazing job adapting the Tchaikovsky ballet for the movie)
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Tangled
5. Cinderella (2015). The score by Patrick Doyle is amazing.

Theme Parks:

1. Remember Dreams Come True (Disneyland 50th anniversary fireworks show)
2. Baroque Hoedown (Main Street Electrical Parade)
3. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
4. Yo Ho, Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me.
5. Illuminations

Love some of the theme park songs listed - forgot about several of those!

I can't put them order as it depends on the mood, but on my current Disney motivational play list:

Yo Ho, Yo Ho
Under the Sea
Bear Necessities
Getcha Head in the Game
Dig a Little Deeper
Be Our Guest
Shiny
Disney's Halloween Treat (old school!)
How Far I'll Go
Let It Go
For the First Time in Forever
In Summer
Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah

Yay! All booked for hotel! Pop Century for the 6th through the 19th(eta-of January)

Did you call to book? I've been waiting for the website to show availability. I was hoping for Pop or Art since they have a skyliner stop. We love the Epcot boardwalk area but not the price fo staying there. Still on the fence about Goofy but thought of reserving a room (assuming it is refundable).

Side question: Any idea what the hours of the skyliner will be? Will it go 1 hour after the last park closes like the buses?

Did you call to book? I've been waiting for the website to show availability. I was hoping for Pop or Art since they have a skyliner stop. We love the Epcot boardwalk area but not the price fo staying there. Still on the fence about Goofy but thought of reserving a room (assuming it is refundable).

Side question: Any idea what the hours of the skyliner will be? Will it go 1 hour after the last park closes like the buses?
Yep. Called in. It is refundable and only requires first night deposit to reserve. Not a clue on skyliner.

SAFD:
1. "Baby Mine" - Dumbo. Kills me. Every time.
2. "You'll Be in My Heart" - Tarzan. Also kills me. Every time.
3. "I Wanna Be Like You"* - Jungle Book (the original).
4. "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat"* - Aristocats.
5. "Circle of Life" - Lion King.

Bonus: favorite park song - "Boo to You" parade track

Bonus not-exactly-Disney-but-owned-by-Disney-so-I'm-counting-it: the entire "Black Panther" soundtrack

Same, same same! I was going to ask the same thing!

I don’t see why the Skyliner wouldn’t operate like that. Disney wants guests to use this more so than the buses.

10K is showing availability if anyone missed out on it. 5K is still sold out.
Oh good. Someone else posted. I tried to post on my phone earlier and it wasn't working. (phone problem, not the new board). I found it earlier and my husband took advantage. He said, 'I guess this means we're going.'

10K is showing availability if anyone missed out on it. 5K is still sold out.

Thanks for the heads-up. I tried to register my wife and oldest daughter, and got as far as the payment page, only to get a notice it's filled! :( I guess I needed faster fingers!

I didn’t even think about the skyliner benefit post marathon for coming back and binge eating and drinking at Biergarten, after I dance with my daughter, of course.

I hate to admit it, but we had fun (after several rounds at the pub) at the dance club on the boardwalk. Never thought I would do that at my age and at a Disney. It was a surreal experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter