Marathon Weekend 2020

SAFD:
For restaurants we like feeling we are at Disney (theme or views), convenient location (so far resorts like AKL or WL are out), good food and real table service if we go that way (not buffets). So, it gives...
3- Mama Melrose
2- Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
1- Cinderella Royal Table dinner

That said, we once were DxDDP doing three TS per day but are now going QS almost exclusively.

SAFD:
For restaurants we like feeling we are at Disney (theme or views), convenient location (so far resorts like AKL or WL are out), good food and real table service if we go that way (not buffets). So, it gives...
3- Mama Melrose
2- Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
1- Cinderella Royal Table dinner

That said, we once were DxDDP doing three TS per day but are now going QS almost exclusively.

I love seeing Mama Melrose making an early appearance on SAFD. Great restaurant.

[QUOTE="MissLiss279, post: 61062580, member: 557861] I've never had any issues with the monorail, but you do have to transfer at the TTC and depending on how your legs feel the walk up to the monorail platform at Epcot and the walk to switch monorails at the TTC can be kind of a pain.
[/QUOTE]
We stayed at Shades of Green last year and decided to take the monorail after the marathon because our bus was stuck in traffic “forever” after the half. It is a pretty good walk from the finish to the monorail, and walking up the platform seemed like climbing Mt. Everest. As I got to the top, I saw the ELEVATOR open!!!! Modern convenience, who would have thought? :cool1:

For this week's SAFD, what are your TOP THREE table service (or signature dining) locations? If you want, you can get really specific and include your favorite meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and menu item.
1. California Grill - everything is good
2. Homecomin’ - chicken, chicken, chicken, moonshine
3. Sana’a - bread service

Yes I know, no tiffins but that would be a top 5.

Can anyone tell me how much I walked from the bus stop to the start line of the WDW half marathon last year? I'd like to brag about the complete amount of damage I did that day (not including the zombie walk around Disney Springs after.) Also, for this year I'd like to know. I should get a fitbit or apple watch or something... a ruler and a map...

SAFD: DH and I discussed this at length, and found it almost impossible to narrow the list to only three. We decided on:
—Yak & Yeti
—Paddlefish
—Maria and Enzo’s
I have to award honorable mentions to Chefs de France and Garden Grill (that one mostly because I have wonderful memories of two different Thanksgivings there when our sons were young).

Can anyone tell me how much I walked from the bus stop to the start line of the WDW half marathon last year? I'd like to brag about the complete amount of damage I did that day (not including the zombie walk around Disney Springs after.) Also, for this year I'd like to know. I should get a fitbit or apple watch or something... a ruler and a map...
It’s about a mile give or take a bit.

SAFD:
I'm another Mama Melrose booster. My younger ds looooves Italian food and I have never seen a child inhale a plate of food so quickly, he just loved it. We aren't food snobs but we can always find something the kids will like, the atmosphere inside is nice and cozy, and it's right in the middle of Muppets (at least for now) so you're in a good mood just waiting outside to be seated for your reservation. We've been making sure we go back every trip for the past 2 years or so.

We also love Ohana but recently I've been suspecting we now like it more for the nostalgia of great family memories of meals of the past, than for the meal we are actually having today. It's gone from a reservation I hit MDE over and over again to make sure we get, to something we can live without.

For a lark I went to Cinderella's Royal Table with my mom and s-i-l for my mom's 70th birthday. We took my mom's pic with all the princesses. The food was a lot better than I expected! And the castle setting was nice. It felt like a Special Thing. We also ordered her one of those chocolate glass slippers and my mom still talks about how much she enjoyed "the shoe" lol.

SAFD: Wow, only 114 days! That is simultaneously exciting and terrifying!

My top three:
1) Tusker House - Buffet Breakfast
2) Ohana - dinner, especially a fireworks view while they pipe in the music!
3) Crystal Palace - Buffet Breakfast

I am a sucker for a good buffet breakfast!

I took a week away for our first Disney cruise and missed the medal release! I love them much more in real life.

running related: we signed up for the Castaway Cay 5K scheduled for Friday, but the weather was rough and we couldn't dock until 2 hours late so they gave everyone the medal and we had the option to run the 5K around the deck. So, not the experience we were planning for but it was still a 5K and a cute Disney medal!

SAFD:

1. Yak and Yeti - some meatball thing I got last year that was SO good
2. Via Napoli - any kind of giant pizza. We love vacation pizza
3. Sanaa - Biryani and potjie

Thanks! We won't have a car on this trip, so may just Uber/Lyft to the start line.

Breakfast at Kona is my fave too. Samoan + Kona press pot = breakfast heaven.
The Monorail trip there is not bad at all. I might be tempted to monorail there/ uber back. The monorail is kind of a fun pre-race adventure.

The Samoan is quite the hearty breakfast. I like that and then I wind up finishing other people's pancakes/tonga toast.
Gmaps pedometer has it a 1.39 miles, and that may be a little low.

SAFD: We’ve switched to doing mostly counter service to save time and $$$, so our table service experience is not that extensive. Here’s the list, though:

1. Raglan Road - It’s Not Bleedin’ Chowder & Ger’s Bread Pudding!
2. Chefs de France - Love the beef bourguignon!
3. Yak & Yeti - Lots of great menu options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!