Marathon Weekend 2020

Question for you resort experts....there’s 3 of us now sharing a room at Pop. All our flights arrive at different times. Can we all still use Magical Express or is it only good if you’re all on the same flight?
You can still use it. When you call in your DME or give it to your travel agent you give them all three different times and airlines.

Question for you resort experts....there’s 3 of us now sharing a room at Pop. All our flights arrive at different times. Can we all still use Magical Express or is it only good if you’re all on the same flight?

I’ve never really had an issue signing up multiple DME times to the same room. Sometimes it has required a second call if the first CM screws it up, but this is definitely something they should be able to accommodate for you.

I've done two trips to Disney World where my little sister left Florida on a different day than I did, so we had different DME departure dates and it was not a problem at all.

I read this post quickly and thought that they had announced the return of Disneyland races. I was about to freak out. I really want them to come back.

I'd announce the following:
Bring back the Everest Challenge and the Tower of Terror 10k
Return of at least one Disneyland race weekend.
A Rock and Roll Marathon style of medal packages with many different medal combinations/bonus medals for doing different race combinations.
Bring Back Marathon Monday (park ticket)
Special Finisher Gear that is only available post race like NY or Chicago Marathon
Bring back the HS 10 miler also :)

For what it's worth, I tried to create an online bracket tonight for best table service restaurants (yeah, my Saturday is lit), but there are no good options out there. Sorry gang.

By the power vested in me by Sundays are for Disney, I declare Boma the best table service restaurant. *mic drop*

Mental tricks:

Your brain can only handle so much input, so I flood myself with positive feedback, not leaving any room for negative input, both during training and the marathon. For example: don't kick yourself for being under-trained, applaud yourself for being well-rested.

At any given point, do not contemplate how you got there. Figure out the best outcome possible at that point and put a plan in place to make it happen. 'It doesn't matter, it's in the past'.

Somewhat similar to @tigger536, I try to give myself a mental mathematical reward at every mile. I try to focus on the miles completed, and not what I have left: 5K done, 10K done, into the double digits, half marathon done, into the 20s, etc.

The only mile that matters is the one you are running. The miles behind you are behind you. The XX miles in front of you are too overwhelming to think about. Just finish the mile you are running and then do it again. During a tough marathon, the segments may become smaller. I've finished marathons by making it from street light to street light. Just one more...
Love this.

For what it's worth, I tried to create an online bracket tonight for best table service restaurants (yeah, my Saturday is lit), but there are no good options out there. Sorry gang.

By the power vested in me by Sundays are for Disney, I declare Boma the best table service restaurant. *mic drop*
WRONG

If the question is “what’s the best table service restaurant at Disney?”, I can’t say for sure whether the answer is Boma, but I can say for sure that the answer is NOT Tiffin’s!

Hello all! I'm new around here, and registered for the 2020 Marathon because a) it's on my birthday and b) I've been telling myself that I would run a WDW marathon for the past 6 years (since I happened to be at WDW for Marathon weekend in 2014 and had SO.MUCH.FOMO looking at all the people with medals). It was finally time to make good on my promise to myself! I'm an experienced runner and an experienced Disney'er (AP holder) but have never done a runDisney event before.
So, questions:

1. I ran a half-marathon today for POT and finished with a PR 1:37.36 (chip time). Is this likely to be fast enough for an A corral placement? I have a stretch goal of running a BQ at WDW.

2. We're staying at BLT for the weekend. Is monorail the best way to get the the start line?

Trying to think of what I'd vote for, for best table service. I think it would really depend on the meal, breakfast lunch or dinner, whether or not I factored in character engagement or whether I wanted to be in a park or not.

I love breakfast at Kona.
Hello all! I'm new around here, and registered for the 2020 Marathon because
Welcome!
1. I ran a half-marathon today for POT and finished with a PR 1:37.36 (chip time). Is this likely to be fast enough for an A corral placement? I have a stretch goal of running a BQ at WDW.
Congrats. There is a chart in one of the posts on this forum that shows estimated corral placement by time that @DopeyBadger put together. He rocks. That seems to be pretty safely in A territory.
2. We're staying at BLT for the weekend. Is monorail the best way to get the start line?
Best is subjective, but your options from there on the Half and Marathon mornings are Drive, Uber or Monorail. I've never had any issues with the monorail, but you do have to transfer at the TTC and depending on how your legs feel the walk up to the monorail platform at Epcot and the walk to switch monorails at the TTC can be kind of a pain. In 2018 I drove from Contemporary and I would definitely do that again.

Hello all! I'm new around here, and registered for the 2020 Marathon because a) it's on my birthday and b) I've been telling myself that I would run a WDW marathon for the past 6 years (since I happened to be at WDW for Marathon weekend in 2014 and had SO.MUCH.FOMO looking at all the people with medals). It was finally time to make good on my promise to myself! I'm an experienced runner and an experienced Disney'er (AP holder) but have never done a runDisney event before.
So, questions:

2. We're staying at BLT for the weekend. Is monorail the best way to get the the start line?

Welcome!

Others will likely have more definitive answers to your questions, but I believe your chip time will be good enough for an A corral placement. The forward corrals tend to not be as crowded as those further back, so even without corral A I think you should have a fairly clean path if you go for the BQ.

I’ve never been at a monorail resort for a race weekend so I don’t have any insight there.

I love breakfast at Kona.

Welcome!

Congrats. There is a chart in one of the posts on this forum that shows estimated corral placement by time that @DopeyBadger put together. He rocks. That seems to be pretty safely in A territory.

Best is subjective, but your options from there on the Half and Marathon mornings are Drive, Uber or Monorail. I've never had any issues with the monorail, but you do have to transfer at the TTC and depending on how your legs feel the walk up to the monorail platform at Epcot and the walk to switch monorails at the TTC can be kind of a pain. In 2018 I drove from Contemporary and I would definitely do that again.

Thanks! We won't have a car on this trip, so may just Uber/Lyft to the start line.

Breakfast at Kona is my fave too. Samoan + Kona press pot = breakfast heaven.

Welcome!

Others will likely have more definitive answers to your questions, but I believe your chip time will be good enough for an A corral placement. The forward corrals tend to not be as crowded as those further back, so even without corral A I think you should have a fairly clean path if you go for the BQ.

I’ve never been at a monorail resort for a race weekend so I don’t have any insight there.

Thanks! That's helpful :)

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are 114 days away from the kickoff of Marathon Weekend.

Congratulations to everyone (me) who participated in the table service restaurant tournament and to our undisputed champion, Boma. All results are final. ;)

But, even though trying to make that tournament was a disaster, maybe Sundays are for Disney can salvage the topic a little bit. For this week's SAFD, what are your TOP THREE table service (or signature dining) locations? If you want, you can get really specific and include your favorite meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and menu item.

For example:

3. 50s Prime Time Cafe - dinner - the pot roast
2. Ohana - dinner - honey coriander wings and teriyaki noodles
1. Boma - dinner - seafood gumbo

Have a great week, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!