Did anybody buy one of the Marathon Weekend 2019 magnets? I did but when I went to stick it to my car...no magnet attraction. I tried on some other metal surfaces and had the same issue. I've never had that happen before. Anybody else?
I bought one and it’s sticking to my medal rack!

If you're interested in this kind of stuff - finisher info:

Female - 5,980
Male - 5,988

Elite - 17
A - 887
B - 912
C - 1,788
D - 1,660
E - 1,205
F - 3,565
G - 756
H - 1,176

Lot of people who moved up in corrals. Some legitimately at runner relations(you can guess by their finish time) and a lot who corral jumped.

There were 5,239 Dopey and 837 Goofy runners who finished the marathon.

395 runners from Brazil, 1 from Afghanistan.

How do you figure in the corral jumping? Yes I saw a little of this, but if you are going by finish time alone, I had a POT that put me in A/C for Dopey (original placement, no RR visit needed) and my "goal" was to be one of the last finishers of each race (we hung around in Epcot before finishing for this purpose) and also rode rides, drinks, etc. So a finish time outside of the bounds for the corral placement doesn't necessarily mean a jumper. Could be someone having too much fun. :laughing:

Do those corral numbers include Dopeys and Goofys, or just marathon-only? I ask because I feel like corral F was around 7,000 with all combined - so only half finished? Yikes! Or am I totally misinterpreting numbers? Math is not my jam lol!

It does include Goofy and Dopey. And the SAG list wasn’t that long so think if have just felt like 7,000.

How do you figure in the corral jumping? Yes I saw a little of this, but if you are going by finish time alone, I had a POT that put me in A/C for Dopey (original placement, no RR visit needed) and my "goal" was to be one of the last finishers of each race (we hung around in Epcot before finishing for this purpose) and also rode rides, drinks, etc. So a finish time outside of the bounds for the corral placement doesn't necessarily mean a jumper. Could be someone having too much fun. :laughing:

They give you the clock time and the net time on the finishers page. So if you started right at the front of A you should have the same times. But if you were say the ballon ladies you should have a difference of like 45 minutes between the two. So I just put all the finishers in a spreadsheet, calculated the difference in the two times, figured out their corral from their bib number and from there it’s easy to see who started ahead of their corral. Now some the runners could have had there corrals changed at runner relations and their times are pretty obvious as to why. The rest - well who knows but I think a lot of them jumped.

Did anybody buy one of the Marathon Weekend 2019 magnets? I did but when I went to stick it to my car...no magnet attraction. I tried on some other metal surfaces and had the same issue. I've never had that happen before. Anybody else?

We've stuck a couple to our fridge and they are sticking.

Question - is trying to trip someone who you see corral jumping too mean?
There was a guy who I could see was clearly trying to get to the tape to go under it to the next corral (I didn't see his bib, so I don't know where he was supposed to be, if he was just too late to get into his corral or he was actually trying to corral jump) and I really wanted to trip him, but with my luck I would have ended up injuring myself and not him.
Of course, then I saw him actually make it under the tape and I was annoyed (although thankfully the annoyed feeling went away quickly ... can't let other people's bad behavior ruin my race). I hope he ended up getting stuck behind a large group of walkers. He deserved that.

(Also ... I'm back at work today and I definitely should have stayed in Florida for longer)

I was tracking one of them. She started at 6:16

Well looks like they chose option 2 then, "Scenario 2 - They keep the rate of runners across the starting line constant and thus the last runner will not cross at 6:31am."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/marathon-weekend-2019.3655674/page-474#post-60054528

Nice to see the math work out to predict the balloon lady would cross at 6:16am based on rate of runners crossing. Unfortunate to see that they didn't maintain the same timing at 6:31am like I had hoped. An important thing for me to remember for next year.

Question - is trying to trip someone who you see corral jumping too mean?
There was a guy who I could see was clearly trying to get to the tape to go under it to the next corral (I didn't see his bib, so I don't know where he was supposed to be, if he was just too late to get into his corral or he was actually trying to corral jump) and I really wanted to trip him, but with my luck I would have ended up injuring myself and not him.
Of course, then I saw him actually make it under the tape and I was annoyed (although thankfully the annoyed feeling went away quickly ... can't let other people's bad behavior ruin my race). I hope he ended up getting stuck behind a large group of walkers. He deserved that.

(Also ... I'm back at work today and I definitely should have stayed in Florida for longer)

Tripping might be over the line, but there's nothing wrong with a sharp elbow to the ribs :)

Well looks like they chose option 2 then, "Scenario 2 - They keep the rate of runners across the starting line constant and thus the last runner will not cross at 6:31am."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/marathon-weekend-2019.3655674/page-474#post-60054528

Nice to see the math work out to predict the balloon lady would cross at 6:16am based on rate of runners crossing. Unfortunate to see that they didn't maintain the same timing at 6:31am like I had hoped. An important thing for me to remember for next year.
Ditto. I'm so used to it taking an hour for all to cross the start line, it never occurred to me that it might be less this time. Even in WDW races I ran with smaller fields, it still took an hour because they took more time between corrals. I never saw the sweep in the marathon, but I was apparently a lot closer to it than I thought.

Hell, might as well take a swing at them and make it a 5-minute major

Just be careful not to get a game misconduct.

But on that note . . . what an interesting thought to add bodychecking to a marathon. You get caught going beyond simple checking, they add 2 minutes to your time or make you sit by the side of the road for 2 minutes. But will someone use that 2 minutes of sitting as a way to keep yourself fresh. Oh the strategies!

Congrats to everyone that ran marathon weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed doing Dopey. I mostly made good on my goal to stop at all the character stops (I missed a few that I didn't see until I was already passing them) and the races didn't really interfere with my park time before, during, or after the race weekend. I didn't do my intended TOT ride or an alcohol stop on the marathon. I ran the half a little harder than intended and followed it with an unexpected trip to Magic Kingdom that afternoon. Between that and the heat on Sunday, I was ready to skip all that and get to the finish of the marathon.

My only real regret from marathon weekend was from Tuesday night. DW and I had reservations at Artist Point for the only non-kid time we were going to have during the trip. In my stupidity, I got us on a bus to Fort Wilderness instead of Wilderness Lodge. Instead of having dinner together on our last night in Disney World, we got to spend the night riding buses around the resort.

Ditto. I'm so used to it taking an hour for all to cross the start line, it never occurred to me that it might be less this time. Even in WDW races I ran with smaller fields, it still took an hour because they took more time between corrals. I never saw the sweep in the marathon, but I was apparently a lot closer to it than I thought.

Yeah, there was a guy at Thirsty River in AK getting a drink talking about it. He was a little worried about it, although he should have still been well ahead at that point.

Hello all,

Still new to these boards but learning quite a bit. Finished Dopey Challenge this past week after running my first Disney race this past Fall : the W & D Two Course Challenge. My favorite part was running through the parks (Magic Kingdom +++) and stopping for pics with the characters. I too did not enjoy trying to navigate around participants who walked two and three abreast promptly out of the gate and were more likely than not, in corrals that should not have been in. I suppose my biggest annoyance was (I hope this does not come across as rude or disparaging) the annoying blonde announcer who endlessly screams into the microphone ranting about mylar blankets. She also did this at the W & D races - not funny then nor was it amusing this past weekend. She probably wouldn't be that bad if the didn't scream into the microphone. I was relieved that she was not at the 10k - but alas - she was back for the half and for the full. I just find her antics to be distracting and takes away from what otherwise was an awesome and "magical" weekend. It was great to run and meet up with so many other runners and look forward to more Disney races to come.

- Kyle

SAFD on Thursday: I'm assuming I missed this one because I was running the marathon in the bowels of hell, but yes the heat affected me tremendously despite the fact that I was well hydrated before hand. I think it had to do with my diet and my electrolyte balance since every time I got a heat cramp I would take nutrition and they would go away. Next year, because I'm out for revenge, I will know better so I can do better. I do seriously think I was on the edge of heat illness though, nausea and not quite right in the head at the end of the race. Felt much better after that Powerade and sitting down for a bit. Every time I passed a Parade Bus I wanted to get on that thing so bad, every time I passed a FAR too easy to cheat section of the race, the devil in my head was luring me to do it, but of course I just kept plugging along no matter what.

Re: Corral jumping assumptions. Not for nothing but I was appropriately corralled in F and well trained (I only missed 2 training days and neither of them were long runs). The weather affected me SO much that my pace suffered tremendously. It was a miracle I finished ahead of the Balloon Ladies TBH, but I did and got an "official" time. So YEAH! I think before we make assumptions about corral jumpers we need to consider that not everyone will have the same goals in this type of race in particular or have a race go 100%, or even 50% their way and yet they will likely endure it because that's what marathoners do. We endure.

Also a heads up: Look at your guest folios, there were 2 charges on ours from WWOS that were fraudulent as in there was no way I was purchasing anything while running a marathon and no way we purchased anything when we weren't even near WWOS that day. Already reached out to guest relations about it but I thought I'd mention it here for you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter