I’m doing it sporadically. I’ll start doing regularly.

I agree with the foam roller, along with other hip and quad strengthening exercises but find that if I already have an IT band issue, I need to be careful about how aggressively to treat. Rolling over an injured area does not help me if it's an active flare up. Foam rolling shouldn't be painful (uncomfortable, sure, but pain is bad) Your mileage may vary!

I would strongly consider resting and skipping the 16 miler. Rest and ice. You still have 7 weeks to go and you will not enjoy the marathon if your IT band is bad---and I say this based on experience doing Disney marathon with a bad IT band.

I agree with the foam roller, along with other hip and quad strengthening exercises but find that if I already have an IT band issue, I need to be careful about how aggressively to treat. Rolling over an injured area does not help me if it's an active flare up. Foam rolling shouldn't be painful (uncomfortable, sure, but pain is bad) Your mileage may vary!

I would strongly consider resting and skipping the 16 miler. Rest and ice. You still have 7 weeks to go and you will not enjoy the marathon if your IT band is bad---and I say this based on experience doing Disney marathon with a bad IT band.
Thanks! I’ve been really bad and haven’t done any cross training, I guess I’m paying for it now. I will skip the long run this weekend and start Xtraining on Monday. I know I don’t have IT band issues when I’m lifting I just hope I can strengthen my muscles in the next 7 weeks and continue to train.

If you like Pro Compression gear, they are having a 2 for $39 sale. EBF19 code at checkout. Looks like they also have a different code on their site for $19.99 a pair. Pretty good deal.

@Dis_Yoda pics please, love puppies :)

Ok!

Getting him to look at photos is sometimes impossible....

ovTworq.jpg

Txl6h7S.jpg

I3vS566.jpg

Turkey Trot for all four of us in Asheville, NC, yesterday morning. Incredibly hilly 5k course with tons of tight turns the first 2 miles. This was my first race since the CC5k in late Sept (after which I twisted both ankles while walking in flip flops), and surprisingly just about two minutes slower. I was still the last in our family — DH won his age group and DS16 was second in his (and you can tell which side of the family my boys gets their speed from).

Hey everybody! So my IT band/left knee started hurting during my last long run (15 miles), I’ve been pushing on but today during my 6 miles I was only able to run 1.75, walk 2 miles, run walk the rest of the way. I have to run 16 this weekend but I don’t know how I’m going to do it. I need help, what can I do to strengthen my IT band while continuing my training? I’m training for the full.

DH was having left knee problems on longer runs which turned out to be his IT. A sports physical therapist gave him some stretches that have helped a lot. Google "stretches for it band". He also recommended foam rolling. The best stretch for him is leaning against the wall stretching the outside of his left leg. Cross right leg over left for stability. Hard to explain typing here, but there are good examples when you Google it.

Ran a half marathon on Thanksgiving then took a nap then made dinner for the fam. Shocked how sore my quads are.... This Friday should be a 16 miler then maybe a 20 miler somewhere. Last year I did an 8 mile/16 mile back to back to test Goofy. Got two new pairs of Black Friday running shoes for $10 more than I paid for one pair last year. Also loaded up on 4 pairs of Injini toe socks.

Costume wise: everything is in the mail.

5k: Chip and Dale PJs
10k: Jack Skellington and Sally
Half: Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde
Full: Mary Poppins and Bert (Jolly Holiday)

Oof...managed to complete 16 miles this morning & they were rough. The weather wasn’t too bad, as it was somewhat cool (mid-50s), but it was super humid. :crazy2:

Currently on my living room floor trying to stretch. Not sure if I’m going to make it back up. :o

Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Oof...managed to complete 16 miles this morning & they were rough. The weather wasn’t too bad, as it was somewhat cool (mid-50s), but it was super humid. :crazy2:

Currently on my living room floor trying to stretch. Not sure if I’m going to make it back up. :o

Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:
Oh, I would love some humidity, it feels so dry here with snow on the way. Way to go on your 16! I did 16 too, I feel that is always a magic number for reasons I have no idea.

I had my first marathon weekend dream last night.

I dreamed that my mom and I traveled to Disneyland Europe (?) for marathon weekend. I was running the half marathon, like I am at WDW 2019, but I overslept until 9:30 a.m., thinking that I was running on Sunday instead of Saturday (I have only done the marathon on marathon weekend before, so this makes sense to me).

I was in a freaking panic!

I'll be setting so many alarms for Saturday morning.

Why do you need to get to the corrals so early? Can't you just roll in a half hour before your corral start time?

Why do you need to get to the corrals so early? Can't you just roll in a half hour before your corral start time?

You can, but you'll probably be at the back of the corral (behind a greater mass of people ... and the further back your corral is, the worse that can be), and you run the risk of being late if the corrals are running ahead of what you thought the schedule would be (since the only start time they announce is for corral A, aka the start of the race).
There are people who get to their corrals right before they start. But those people generally know the risks and are okay with them. Not everyone feels that way. It's a matter of personal preference mostly.

If you are in the last corral sure. They start moving corrals roughly 30 minutes before start time. People in A and B who were late were all mad because they started moving them that early for wine and dine.

I'm pretty happy, did 14 miles today and I'm not feeling it too bad. Just curious because I didn't see an expiration date, but is there usually one for Clif Energy gels? I had two and used one today. Best case, I got them while running the LA Marathon in March 2017, otherwise they were from the WDW Marathon in 2016. Seemed to work ok. Right after, I went to the running store and they didn't have Clif gels, but had GU. Is that pretty similar to Clif or any major difference? They also had Jelly Belly energy jelly beans. Has anyone tried these before? Thanks! I'm getting excited! I laughed because I did the Dallas Turkey Trot 5k on Thursday and they have an 8 miler option, and I thought about doing it and then realized it wasn't a long enough training run for me at this stage.

I'm pretty happy, did 14 miles today and I'm not feeling it too bad. Just curious because I didn't see an expiration date, but is there usually one for Clif Energy gels? I had two and used one today. Best case, I got them while running the LA Marathon in March 2017, otherwise they were from the WDW Marathon in 2016. Seemed to work ok. Right after, I went to the running store and they didn't have Clif gels, but had GU. Is that pretty similar to Clif or any major difference? They also had Jelly Belly energy jelly beans. Has anyone tried these before? Thanks! I'm getting excited! I laughed because I did the Dallas Turkey Trot 5k on Thursday and they have an 8 miler option, and I thought about doing it and then realized it wasn't a long enough training run for me at this stage.
Sports beans are my go to. That’s what is supplied at runDisney races now too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter