• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

What new things at Disney are you most looking forward too? (Pandora, Star Wars, toy story, new dining, gondolas, new stuff at resorts, etc.)

I am probably most looking forward to seeing/shooting Happily Ever After for the first time. I'm sure Pandora and Star Wars lands will be awesome, but the crowds and wait times for things bring all of that down a few notches for me. It's probably going to be a couple more years before I'm back down there, so at least Pandora should be a little more manageable by then.

Hmm this is a tough one for my trip in January, I'm very much looking forward to Happily Ever After. I got teary eyed just watching the youtube video! And then I'm very excited for Toy Story-- I'm a HUGE Pixar fan!

What I am excited for:

Disneyland-The return of Fantasmic! The changes are gonna be amazing people.
WDW-Pandora and the Pandora restaurants. The food looks amazing.
Running-Getting the Dopey medal. The last challenge left for me in the Run Disney USA catalog. (will take care of the castle to chateau next year)

Hi friends - just finished my race.

2:33:51 :cool1:

Guess who achieved Dopey pot for the <5:30 corral? This kid!

Too bad I can't use this for Disneyland half weekend.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a great stress release for race weekend.
Will also give you a fun goal for DLHalf weekend. See if you can improve your time/corral for WDW. Or just take a lot of pics and have fun since you already have a POT

What new things at Disney are you most looking forward too? (Pandora, Star Wars, toy story, new dining, gondolas, new stuff at resorts, etc.)

I look forward to the "new things" each year at the annual food and wine festival, specifically the Eat to the Beat concert series and new and possibly old, food experiences. The other new park offerings are something I look forward to, but will wait for the initial hype to die down before we experience them.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a great stress release for race weekend.
Will also give you a fun goal for DLHalf weekend. See if you can improve your time/corral for WDW. Or just take a lot of pics and have fun since you already have a POT

I'm very much looking forward to enjoying DLH with photos and now cranking out my 10k time to something faster for future races.

I'll have to say Pandora since it will be the new thing for me in Jan & Happily Ever After as well. I'm really looking forward to eating at Satuli Canteen. Then of course Toy Story Land...then Star Wars Land...

Hi friends - just finished my race.

2:33:51 :cool1:

Guess who achieved Dopey pot for the <5:30 corral? This kid!

Too bad I can't use this for Disneyland half weekend.
Awesome racing! Congrats!

Happy Sunday! I'm having Disney withdrawals as I just got back Friday night.

As always Sunday's are for Disney.

My answer: I just got to experience Pandora and I loved it. The rides and land were just awesome! Now I like to look forward to whatever is next. Toy Story will open next year so that's what I'm looking forward to next.

Star Wars. I guess we will check out pandora on one of these upcoming trips. However, I'm not emotionally invested in it. I tried to watch the movie three times and fell asleep every time!

On another note, JetBlue released its fares today through early February. I booked our marathon weekend flights and we are all set. January 2nd through 9th. Boardwalk villas. Staying till the 9th because we went home earlier last year and I regretted missing out on DATW after my first dopey.

Talking of ADRs anyone got any suggestions for post marathon dinner? We always like to have a proper celebration meal after race weekend and a few drinks as well - think its a great way of finishing off our training/weekend/holiday. We've eaten at Narcoosees, STK, Fultons and Boathouse as celebratory post race meals before (we enjoyed all of them if anyone is wondering and would recommend them to anyone, especially the Narcoosees brunch) and was wondering what was good based on other peoples experiences. We would prefer it to be at Downtown Disney or one of the hotels although sadly can't be AKL as my sister isn't a fan of the indian/african spices they use.

I was thinking maybe Boathouse for dinner as we went for late lunch last time but we'd like to try somewhere new. Think we're going to try and get an ADR at Tiffins after the 5k as it'll be my mams first race ever (she's 60+a few and has never ran in her life but she can comfortably walk a 5k and is desperate to join us) and we haven't been to AK in years so should be fun now that Pandora is opened but I'll be anticipating mega lines :sad: nothing like trying to stay off your feet during Dopey :teeth:

Is anyone else starting to obsess about which ADRs to book? I don't usually overthink this, but this is my first RunDisney event and first full marathon, so I really don't know what to expect. I'm thinking of booking Via Napoli or Mama Melrose for Friday night so that I can stick with a basic pasta meal. On Saturday we'll probably do a character breakfast - Bon Voyage, Cape May or Garden Grill. And then maybe a late lunch at Beaches and Cream on Sunday post marathon. That's all I've got so far. Anyone else have their plans figured out?

I do obsess about ADR's, but that's half the fun! I'm polling the family for their priorities right now. We'll do Liberty Tree Tavern Sunday night after the Marathon, and probably one other "premium" dinner - maybe the Yachtsman. I'd like to do Sci-Fi Restaurant at HS as we've not eaten there before.

Talking of ADRs anyone got any suggestions for post marathon dinner?

I generally go for a buffet after the marathon so I can eat unlimited quantities and my favorite is Liberty Tree Tavern. LTT followed by Happily Ever After sounds like the perfect post-marathon evening.

And speaking of Happily Ever After, that's the thing I'm most looking forward to at WDW. For me, the nighttime shows are easily the best thing at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter