Marathon Weekend 2018

We're bad packers at WDW - I think it's because we have a car and Disney has most things anyway that no matter what is missing, you can acquire it.

Then again, I've forgotten to pack underwear and socks more once.

Cvs isn't far off property - worked well that time I sprained my ankle, although fit2run is now at Disney springs and has better braces (sprain #13 or something) the resorts have most medical or toiletries even though the are a couple dollars more than the grocery store.

It's not like you are traveling somewhere remote.

Did a short training run last night to get ready for tomorrow's half marathon at Rock n Roll San Diego. I'm right at target pace for my goal Dopey Proof of Time and feel ready.... but have lots of nerves!

Seven mins is a lot of time to remove from a finish time but I'm confident my friend who is pacing me to the time can get me there. Just have to remember: this pain is temporary. Dopey corral placement is permanent ;)

Did a short training run last night to get ready for tomorrow's half marathon at Rock n Roll San Diego. I'm right at target pace for my goal Dopey Proof of Time and feel ready.... but have lots of nerves!

Seven mins is a lot of time to remove from a finish time but I'm confident my friend who is pacing me to the time can get me there. Just have to remember: this pain is temporary. Dopey corral placement is permanent ;)

A half marathon in June,that is just straight up weird for us Floridians.I remember a couple of years at the peak of the running boom there was a half marathon held in Clermont,Fl in the summer and they named it something like the "summer death march",I remember their website said held on the hottest day of the year at the hottest time of the day as it started like at noon.I have no idea how many ran it but it must have been one year and done as I never heard about the race again!!!

@DOOM1001 - I totally get HM perplexities at certain times of year. I wouldn't want to run a half in August in Phoenix! ;)

So cal is lucky - we get some decent weather and RNR SD is one of the best races to run.

I hope you get the time desired. Have fun. You got this. Love the dopey corral placement is permanent quote.

Is anyone else starting to obsess about which ADRs to book? I don't usually overthink this, but this is my first RunDisney event and first full marathon, so I really don't know what to expect. I'm thinking of booking Via Napoli or Mama Melrose for Friday night so that I can stick with a basic pasta meal. On Saturday we'll probably do a character breakfast - Bon Voyage, Cape May or Garden Grill. And then maybe a late lunch at Beaches and Cream on Sunday post marathon. That's all I've got so far. Anyone else have their plans figured out?

Is anyone else starting to obsess about which ADRs to book? I don't usually overthink this, but this is my first RunDisney event and first full marathon, so I really don't know what to expect. I'm thinking of booking Via Napoli or Mama Melrose for Friday night so that I can stick with a basic pasta meal. On Saturday we'll probably do a character breakfast - Bon Voyage, Cape May or Garden Grill. And then maybe a late lunch at Beaches and Cream on Sunday post marathon. That's all I've got so far. Anyone else have their plans figured out?

We did Beaches and Cream post marathon in '16. A group of us shared the kitchen sink, definitely felt like we had earned it!

Sunday's are for Disney of course so...

Is there something that is not popular at the parks that you like to do or is a must do for you?

I love the Carousel of Progress! No sure if it's "unpopular" but it's rarely packed when I go on. It always makes me so happy.

Outside of the parks but within WDW, I always have to spend an hour or so at the Polynesian. I just love their gardens, store, and feel that the resort has. Nothing like being able to enjoy the early morning there, then head to MK on the monorail.

I did Ohana with my wife and daughter after the 2017 marathon. All you can eat and a spiked drink in a pineapple didn't take all of my aches and pains away, but it came close!

I think we're going to do a late lunch/early dinner at Via Napoli on Saturday. I'm not planning anything for after the race because I'm not sure how DH will feel. I think Friday DH and I might snag a "date" and do an independent Monorail bar-hop. On Monday really, really want to snag a reservation for HEA viewing and Tuesday will be a "celebration" dinner at AP (we ate there on our honeymoon) as we will be there celebrating our anniversary and a very early graduation trip for DD1. I don't think we'll do a whole lot of ADRs though-we will be splitting up a whole lot as well as staying CL. DH has already been talking about how he's going to keep his steps down on Saturday and with an 18yo, 15yo and 11yo...I think us 'rents may be 'abandoned' a bit.

I did be our guest after the marathon. I have yet to actually eat a meal at beaches and cream. Only ever gotten ice cream there.

I've been working on my list of ADRs for about a month, now (no, I won't tell you, I don't want competition for my precious reservations) :D

I thought I had everything figured out, and then I saw a snippet of Pixar Live at DHS. Now I want to go to that, but I had originally scheduled Hollywood Studios as a morning 1/2 day trip, and hopping out. Since the first show of Pixar Live is at 5:00 pm, then I have to either flip that and my night park, which I don't really want to do, make DHS a full day (meh), or skip it.

After trying some creative puzzle work to make DHS a half-day in the evening (still gotta get to bed early), it caused two fairly big ADRs to clash on each other.

Heh, this could easily be our Sunday question :D "We're less than a month away until our 180 Day mark for ADRs opens up. How much have you planned for the weekend that doesn't involve the races?"

The Pixar Live show might not even be around in January. I was looking at reviews of the dining package because I like HBD and thought getting Reserved Seating for both Pixar Live and F! seemed like a good bonus.

Everything I read said it has been added only for the summer, isn't on any schedules past August, and is getting very mixed reviews.

I think my kids would love it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Happy Sunday! I'm having Disney withdrawals as I just got back Friday night.

As always Sunday's are for Disney.

What new things at Disney are you most looking forward too? (Pandora, Star Wars, toy story, new dining, gondolas, new stuff at resorts, etc.)

My answer: I just got to experience Pandora and I loved it. The rides and land were just awesome! Now I like to look forward to whatever is next. Toy Story will open next year so that's what I'm looking forward to next.

I'm so glad I signed up for the marathon last week. I've been back to running regularly for the past couple months but I had no races planned, so I didn't really have a focus.

Now I have a 10 miler planned for June 18 and a half marathon planned for July 1. Makes increasing the miles feel worth it. (up to 10 miles for long run right now, 25 miles per week over 4 days)

This will be my first full marathon and I'm overly excited considering it's still 7 months away.

This will also be our longest Disney trip, arriving Friday, January 5th and leaving on Saturday, January 13th. Looking forward to making ADRs in just about another month and getting to know my fellow runners through this forum!

What new things at Disney are you most looking forward too? (Pandora, Star Wars, toy story, new dining, gondolas, new stuff at resorts, etc.)

RunDisney is new to me so I'm looking forward to my first marathon!

My youngest is now over the height requirement for most rides and other child has hit the height requirement for all rides. It's going to be a whole new world for him.

The kids already love Animal Kingdom and the addition of Pandora will make AK at least a 1.5 day adventure for us.

The Pixar Live show might not even be around in January. I was looking at reviews of the dining package because I like HBD and thought getting Reserved Seating for both Pixar Live and F! seemed like a good bonus.

Everything I read said it has been added only for the summer, isn't on any schedules past August, and is getting very mixed reviews.

I think my kids would love it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, keeping an orchestra together is expensive. So they might be meeting this only through the summer. I hope it's longer, but if not, I'll be alright.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter