Marathon Weekend 2018

Gah I don't remember if I asked this, and my post history isn't helping.

So the expo buses go back just to resorts or will they go to the theme parks, also?

Gah I don't remember if I asked this, and my post history isn't helping.

So the expo buses go back just to resorts or will they go to the theme parks, also?

Expo transportation only goes to the resorts, not the parks. But you can get creative somewhat such as catching a Contemporary bus to get near MK.

Unfortunately, they just go back to the resorts. @goingthedistance has pointed out one of our favorite methods for indirect travel to parks, though. We love catching the bus to WL so we can take the boat to the gate of the MK and we'll also catch a bus to BW/YBC so we can walk into Epcot through the International Gateway.

Expo transportation only goes to the resorts, not the parks. But you can get creative somewhat such as catching a Contemporary bus to get near MK.

Unfortunately, they just go back to the resorts. @goingthedistance has pointed out one of our favorite methods for indirect travel to parks, though. We love catching the bus to WL so we can take the boat to the gate of the MK and we'll also catch a bus to BW/YBC so we can walk into Epcot through the International Gateway.

I was thinking about that, as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to wait forever for a bus to Epcot, which would never come, because it doesn't exist :D

I'll just catch a bus to BWI or YC/BC and walk from there.

Thanks!

I was thinking about that, as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to wait forever for a bus to Epcot, which would never come, because it doesn't exist :D

I'll just catch a bus to BWI or YC/BC and walk from there.

Thanks!
I believe for the expo Contemporary, GF, Poly, and Shades of Green all share a bus. Then Swan/dolphin/yacht/beach/boardwalk all share.

I believe for the expo Contemporary, GF, Poly, and Shades of Green all share a bus. Then Swan/dolphin/yacht/beach/boardwalk all share.

Well, to the Swolphinwalkclub bus then!

(compared to the Polytempo of Floridian)

Edit: And I'm guessing the Port Caratoga West bus, Coronado Savannah, and Values?)

Last edited:

Been following this thread on FPs and after June 6 looks like you'll have to actually enter the park to use your FP if I'm reading correctly (closing the loophole of using FPs without going through the entrance). So, if anyone is thinking of booking FPs for during the mararthon might want to read up on changes before, it's warning people not to do it anymore for getting blocked or something like that. https://www.disboards.com/threads/sdfp-changes-coming-beware-the-6th-of-june.3520747/ I'm not a ride person during the marathon but know it's been talked about so that I'd share so no one gets caught off guard come January.

Been following this thread on FPs and after June 6 looks like you'll have to actually enter the park to use your FP if I'm reading correctly (closing the loophole of using FPs without going through the entrance). So, if anyone is thinking of booking FPs for during the mararthon might want to read up on changes before, it's warning people not to do it anymore for getting blocked or something like that. https://www.disboards.com/threads/sdfp-changes-coming-beware-the-6th-of-june.3520747/ I'm not a ride person during the marathon but know it's been talked about so that I'd share so no one gets caught off guard come January.

I don't feel bad that they are closing loop holes in the system.

Oooh that makes sense! Some people like to jump off course and sneak on a ride while still on the clock. Technically, runners never actually entered the park and then try to jump in a ride.

We love Primeval Whirl. It reminds me of the mouse roller coaster at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk that I rode with my dad when I was little.

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! I grew up near thereand spent my summers playing there and at the wharf! The Giant Dipper will always be my favorite roller coaster.

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! I grew up near thereand spent my summers playing there and at the wharf! The Giant Dipper will always be my favorite roller coaster.

Mine too! I went to Bethany Bible College in Scotts Valley so lived in Santa Cruz a few years. My mom worked at the college so we visited a lot after I moved back up to Sonoma County. I love the Boardwalk! I rode the Giant Dipper about 6 times in a row when I was pregnant with my son and now we tell him that's what's wrong with him, lol. He is now 29. :)

Hello All! Late to the group but excited to be here. I got a lot of reading to catch up on lol. Doing the 10K and half with some friends.

Welcome! It's never too late to jump in here! Most of the conversation is us being silly, talking about Disney or running. The big glut in the middle is everyone jumping up and down about getting in when registration opened in February :D @rteetz asks an open-ended question every Sunday about a different aspect of Disney.

You'll find a mix of vets like rteetz, @JClimacus @courtneybeth and @Barca33Runner and a whole slew of others who will answer any questions you may have. And you got someone like me, who's been planning this since last Thanksgiving, but honestly, I have no clue what to expect in January. I'm doing everything right currently (I think?) but at 2:30 am on January 4, 2018, I'm going to be regretting this! :D

Welcome! It's never too late to jump in here! Most of the conversation is us being silly, talking about Disney or running. The big glut in the middle is everyone jumping up and down about getting in when registration opened in February :D @rteetz asks an open-ended question every Sunday about a different aspect of Disney.

You'll find a mix of vets like rteetz, @JClimacus @courtneybeth and @Barca33Runner and a whole slew of others who will answer any questions you may have. And you got someone like me, who's been planning this since last Thanksgiving, but honestly, I have no clue what to expect in January. I'm doing everything right currently (I think?) but at 2:30 am on January 4, 2018, I'm going to be regretting this! :D

Thanks! My friend got me into running (although I do intervals still) Aug. 2015 and because of my Disney addiction I latched on to the idea of doing every Disney race :) I attempted my first half this past Jan but since it was rained out it ended up being an unofficial half around Saratoga Springs, Downtown Disney and a main road or two :) Going to attempt the Wine and Dine half before this one so we'll see.

Hello All! Late to the group but excited to be here. I got a lot of reading to catch up on lol. Doing the 10K and half with some friends.

10k will be a great race for you to grab some pictures and enjoy EPCOT as the sun rises. :D

Don't worry too much about catching up on 108 pages. You could probably just jump in and be okay. We are all here to support you if you have any questions!

The weather will be a surprise to all of us in January. It will be whatever it is - pack all the things. That's the only thing you really have to plan for ;)

Ps thanks for the shoutout!

The weather will be a surprise to all of us in January. It will be whatever it is - pack all the things.

Ps thanks for the shoutout!

Oh yeah, I'm a Christmas Disney vet (why do I torture myself so much at The Happiest Place on Earth?), so I'm well aware to be ready for literally anything, weatherwise. It could be 85, it could be 58, it could be 37. One week from my normal timeframe there isn't much in the terms of weather. If anything, it might be, on average, a half a degree colder than I'm used to.

I'm one of those wierdos wearing a jacket and shorts. >.>

Oh, and I read on the Disboards 2 1/2 years ago about someone actually taking one of those packing checklists, and... actually... packed... everything... from... the... list...

She literally

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter