Mall Stores That No Longer Exist

As a teen in Seattle in the late 70's, Jay Jacobs was the only place to shop

Add me to the Farrells Fans list too!

I remember a steak house in suburban Phila. called the Longhorne where the staff all dressed in country western outfits and had to shoot off their cap guns after they brought you your dinner! :rotfl2:

I miss Farrells as well, I used to get the Tin Roof Sundae.

Anyone remember Horn & Hardardt?

Blondie said:
I remember a steak house in suburban Phila. called the Longhorne where the staff all dressed in country western outfits and had to shoot off their cap guns after they brought you your dinner! :rotfl2:

I miss Farrells as well, I used to get the Tin Roof Sundae.

Anyone remember Horn & Hardardt?

Oh oh was it on Route 13 kinda near Woodhaven Mall?? I think I know what you are talking about!!! And I totally remember Horn & Hardardt, was it a big buffet? Down by my grandparents in Parkville, MD there was a Horn & Horn.

:goodvibes Love reading about all of these!

My mom and I used to love to go to a place called Karamelcorn and get this really yummy caramel popcorn. I haven't thought about that in a long time....anyone else ever heard of it?

OMG !!!!!! THE LONGHORN RANCH !!!!

Are you talking about the one on rt US 1 in I think Concordville area ?? Before it was Pulsations ??? If so ....we were just discussing on Easter how we all used to go for our birthdays when we were little and sit on the Big Bull !! Too funny :rotfl2:

SwedishMeatball said:
I remember in HS shopping at Jean Nicole. Don't know if they still exist or not.
Oh wow! I totally forgot about this one! I used to love going in there!

OMG Tellos. How about Empire or CWT (Cherry Webb & Terraine) Can't forget Jordan Marsh (before Macy's took over)
Not in a mall but how about Bradlees, Caldor or Zayre's!!!

Here's a mall resturant that my husband and I really miss (not that they ever had them here in Vegas) York Steakhouse MMMMMMMM!!!!!! There was one in the Meadow Glen Mall where I worked at Bradlee's for way too long and Kinney shoes (which was right next to Bradlee's) That Papa Gino's was the BEST TOO!!!!1

We recently lost our mall Haagen Dasz store!!! I sincerely hope that this was the only one to close. :(

panfan said:

Are you talking about the one on rt US 1 in I think Concordville area ?? Before it was Pulsations ??? If so ....we were just discussing on Easter how we all used to go for our birthdays when we were little and sit on the Big Bull !! Too funny :rotfl2:

Holy cow....Pulsations. We used to drive there on teen night LOL, didn't they have some kind of weird cage or something LOL. The Longhorn or whatever it was I was thinking of is more in Northeast Philadelphia.

Here before Macy's we had Bambergers.

I use to love going to Maurices.
But the store that I really miss is Cherry & Webb. I just to shop there all the times. Caldors was another store we had that went out of business a couple of years ago.

ANYONE from MASS remember a store in WALTHAM called

GROVER CRONIN's....great store....long gone....

THOM McCan shoe store....I always (as a kid) thought that was a

funny way to spell TOM.... :goodvibes

panfan said:

That would be the one! I think it was the first restaurant my then boyfriend (now DH) took me too!

Is Pulsations still in operation? I think the last time I was in there it was circa 1981 or so!

Topps
Community

These were Target/Walmart-like stores of the 60's/70's.

I remember Topps! In fact, after Two Guys closed, it reopned as Topps. After that it became a Bradlees.

Haven't heard of most of those mentioned, must not have ever been in this area.

But LOVED Farrell's :) I remember DH eating a trough :rotfl:

We still have Spencers (in all malls), Orange Julius (all malls), Karmel Korn (in one), Cinnabon (in several), Bennetton is opening at the outlet mall soon
Thom McCan shoes are sold in KMart stores

Planogirl said:
How about..

Natural Wonders
The Warner Brothers stores
Battlesteins
Palais Royal

I don't know if someone mentioned them yet but those come to mind immediately.

I have a Palais Royal in my town. I think they may just be in smaller communities in the Houston area.

How about Alexander's or Child World? Wow, this thread really brings back the memories!

Strawberry Lemonade said:
Banana Republic used to sell safari-looking clothes. I still have a Banana Republic t-shirt from the '80s that has an Old World style map on it.

I used to LOVE Banana Republic when it was the safari-themed store! The one near me was done up in full safari regalia with the jeep in the front window and the store even smelled like wet wood (like the jungle or rainforest). Their catalog was great too - in the J. Peterman style. I'm sure I still have my old t-shirts too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter