Make Your Own Magic! January 2022 Exercise Thread

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the January 2022 exercise thread! While we're still bursting with New Year's Motivation, we'll keep our bodies moving and check out some fun Disney DIYs! (Recipes, Crafts, whatever else I might find to share with the group).

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since January has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Blossom Blue
25% - Original Orange
50% - Practice Purple
75% - Painting Pink
90% - Recipe Red
100% - Good Job Green

We’re officially starting this challenge at the beginning of January, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Elizabeth Smith - 810/800
PollyannaMom - 665/500
sophy1996 - 1065/1000
Twilight Sparkle - 2275/2200
ljcrochet - 669/650
Bethislucy - 1507/1500

Raya - 391/500
Bonnie F - 250/500
piglet1979 - 625/930

lfcfan - 115/600

Team -8372/9180

Last edited:
We'll start off with a fairly simple DIY that I think seems pretty self-explanatory...

These Disney Princess Silhouettes seem like a fun way to spend an afternoon, as long as you have the buttons to spare! In looking at different versions online, I think they turn out best if you use buttons of varying sizes and if you overlap them as well. It gives it a nice three-dimensional look!

Love the theme and the first craft sooooo much!

I'll stick with 2200 since I didn't quite make goal last month. We are going to be at WDW for the last half of the month, so maybe I'll reach goal this time.

270 minutes so far - horses, walking

270/2200

Last edited:

I’m in. This had been a rough couple of days for me. My last chemo hit me hard. It sucks then pain meds and sleep are my friends to get through the day. Bad thing about sleep during the day is waking up at 3 am and being wide wake.

I think I'm going with 650 minutes. My apple goal is 10 days of closing my exercise ring
1/1 31
1/2 11
1/3 27

I'm going to be bold and go for 500 minutes. Hopefully I can make it the way I did last month. Might be a challenge, as I'm sick with something, sigh. Still got in two runs - one on Sunday (20 minutes) and one this (32 minutes). Sunday was a hot mess, but this morning was blessed. It's funny how running does that to you.

52/500 - 10%

Happy January! I'll stay with 500 minutes - hopefully I'll make it all the way this month!
20 minutes of yoga to start off. (20/500)
Thanks for hosting, Elizabeth - love the theme! I'm not very crafty, but love seeing other people's work!

Welcome to our new members!

Hugs to you, ljcrochet. Hope these bad effects pass quickly.

Last edited:
PollyannaMom, sophy1996, Twilight Sparkle, ljcrochet, Bethislucy, Raya, and piglet1979 have all reached Blossom Blue!

636023 The craft of the day is this cute Mickey and Minnie Photo Frame set! Since it's a New Year, I hope we can all make fun memories, perhaps Disney-related, that deserve commemoration! Do you have any Disney (or otherwise momentous) plans for 2022?

I'm hoping that the hubby and I can get to Disneyland this year! There's a conference that my husband wants to attend in Anaheim "for work" so while we're in the area... might as well check out the Happiest Place on Earth, right?

28 minutes this morning. Going through tough times with the move to Florida. If anyone wants to find a nice house for me, I'd love the help. When I had no deadline it seemed like buying a house was easy-peasy. Now that I need to secure a place in another month or lose my job the market is psycho. :scared: Oh well. Nothing to do but hope for pixie dust....

80/500 - 16%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!