Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're close to getting our dates! On Friday, our wish granter told us that they were "almost" ready to schedule our trip and wanted to confirm our first choice for dates. We gave her our preference and she's going to let MAW know tomorrow. I'm hoping that we'll have our dates sometime this week. Nana is coming with us, too!:cheer2:

Super excited for you and your family :dance3:

2 weeks and 6 days till we leave:eek:
I feel like I have nothing done but don't know what else I need to do!:scratchin
It will all work out though...;)
Yay for all who are getting geared up to go like us and everyone in between:thumbsup2

my husband was looking at Universal Studios today for Princess Alexa's MAW trip in April.. he saw an all you can eat food popcorn:: deal they have there. Do you all think it is worth it to buy that? He like to eat :rotfl2:

I just need to rant a little. I feel like we just can't catch a break. My husbands truck died a few months ago so he's been carpooling to work. Then today, our 15 passenger can blew a head gasket. No telling how much money we'll have to sink into it to get it running. To top it off, Ava is running 104 fever, so I think we may have to hitch a ride to the ER. Thankfully, a friend of mine brought two of the kid to their baseball practice today and hopefully I can find baseball rides for the others until we get this fixed.

I just need to rant a little. I feel like we just can't catch a break. My husbands truck died a few months ago so he's been carpooling to work. Then today, our 15 passenger can blew a head gasket. No telling how much money we'll have to sink into it to get it running. To top it off, Ava is running 104 fever, so I think we may have to hitch a ride to the ER. Thankfully, a friend of mine brought two of the kid to their baseball practice today and hopefully I can find baseball rides for the others until we get this fixed.

Hugs. I think we've all had runs of bad luck like that. Hope Ava can avoid the ER and the kids can get where they need to go.

Yay Dana:cheer2:

So sorry Kristy :hug: Many hugs & prayers. We know how frustrating it is when everything starts going wrong at once. I hope Ava is feeling better, and didn't need to go to the ER.

Yay for making the link Kristi:cheer2: It's not in your signature yet though - you need to go to your Control Panel to add it to your signature. :)

Ok, I have a question about the park tickets we get through GKTW. What is the # of days of passes we get? Is it just one day for universal and sea world? Are all the Disney theme parks (epcot, MK, HS, AK) on one pass? So if we get a 2 or 3 day pass we have that many days to go to all of those parks?

I am just trying to plan my days and get my ADR's done before the end of the week.

Ok, I have a question about the park tickets we get through GKTW. What is the # of days of passes we get? Is it just one day for universal and sea world? Are all the Disney theme parks (epcot, MK, HS, AK) on one pass? So if we get a 2 or 3 day pass we have that many days to go to all of those parks?

I am just trying to plan my days and get my ADR's done before the end of the week.

You get two days to Universal (and can switch between parks on each day), 1 day to Sea World, and 3 days to WDW (again, you can switch between parks on each day). So you have 3 WDW days to visit all 4 parks.

AHHH!!!! We just got a call from the wish manager and she said that GKTW is BOOKED!!! So we will not be able to stay there!! I am kinda upset. I was SO EXCITED to stay there! I know we can still visit and stuff but its not the same :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: has anyone NOT stayed at GKTW and still had a great time?

AHHH!!!! We just got a call from the wish manager and she said that GKTW is BOOKED!!! So we will not be able to stay there!! I am kinda upset. I was SO EXCITED to stay there! I know we can still visit and stuff but its not the same :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: has anyone NOT stayed at GKTW and still had a great time?

Oh no! Any idea where you'll be staying? All of the Disney resorts are really nice. Can you alter your dates at all so that you can stay at GKTW? If not, I'm sure you'll still have a great time (and be much closer to the parks, too).

Oh no! Any idea where you'll be staying? All of the Disney resorts are really nice. Can you alter your dates at all so that you can stay at GKTW? If not, I'm sure you'll still have a great time (and be much closer to the parks, too).

No clue where we are staying. She sent an email to my hubby saying that we couldnt stay so he called her and she said that she was booking flights and the hotel today. So I should know later tonight. We could alter the dates but it would be MUCH later in the year and we dont want to wait that long. With Jakes disease I have no idea how he is going to be in 6 months or so. We want to go now while he is stable and good and can have a good time. I am excited that we will be right on the park property so we can take breaks if needed. I am just sad to miss the GKTW stuff. I know we can still go there...but its not as easy as it would be if we stayed there.

we had that same problem so we just changed the dates of our trip so we could stay at the village. they said you need to stay at the village as this is the only time you will be able to and its worth changing the dates. i can't imagine any other way. it was amazing! there is so much that goes on with just the villa you stay in (gifts left there for kids daily, christmas tree, laundry :), cuteness, relaxing, roomy, etc.

so sorry to hear that. hope it works out. best of luck.

No clue where we are staying. She sent an email to my hubby saying that we couldnt stay so he called her and she said that she was booking flights and the hotel today. So I should know later tonight. We could alter the dates but it would be MUCH later in the year and we dont want to wait that long. With Jakes disease I have no idea how he is going to be in 6 months or so. We want to go now while he is stable and good and can have a good time. I am excited that we will be right on the park property so we can take breaks if needed. I am just sad to miss the GKTW stuff. I know we can still go there...but its not as easy as it would be if we stayed there.

:( that is too bad.. we took the chance of waiting so we could stay there which meant not knowing how she would be and we almost had to cancel the trip, but she ended up going and she ended up being okay. good luck!! look at the schedule for what is happening at GKTW and choose your day on the activities you want to do. :) you will still have a wonderful time! that will be nice to stay in park quarters and not have to deal with the drive to from village. that was kind of stressful for us.

We just got back from our return trip to Disney World, we stayed on site at AOA. We went to Give Kids The World wednesday evening, DD had a wonderful time, she rode the Merry Go Round 4 times, did not want to get off, the Train, & every little ride they had,:love: she loved it!! They were having Christmas that night (they changed it for that week), we looked for her star, bought some things in the gift shop & had icecream. I wished we had more time to go out to the village every evening. It is such an awesome place, we will look forward to another visit when we can.

As a fellow "mito mom" I know how you feel about the unpredictability of the disease. Our chapter only schedules trips for dates that GKTW has availability, which means that we may not get the dates we want. We can't travel in the summer heat and we don't know what life will look like for us all in 6 months or so. So, I totally understand having to stick with your dates.

I'd say to study the GKTW schedule and pick a few activities, either in the morning or evening. Then, you can start or end a few days at GKTW and do the activities that you'd enjoy the most. I really do think you'll love the Disney hotels.

So sorry Britney. I've read TRs that did stay onsite instead of GKTW, and they loved it, and did go over to GKTW for the activities. We love Pop, and it's only a value resort, and the TRs I read were given Deluxe Resorts. Even though we always stay at Pop, we've gone to each of the wdw resorts (except AoA, it's newer) to look around, and I'm very confident that you would be very happy at any of them. :) Looking forward to hearing which one you get to stay at.

2012bella13 - Glad you had a great trip. :)

When we were there (GKTW) for our wish trip in may 2011, there was several families that did not get to stay at the village & they stayed onsite at the Deluxe Hotel at Magic Kingdom.
We just stayed at Art Of Animation on a return trip, if you get to stay there, your little one will love it. We stayed in a Cars Suite, 3 adults & one 5yr old, plenty of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter