Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the tip!!! I had forgotten about our Leapster. That jogged my memory.

Don't forget Gameboy, etc..... And don't try the players you can rent from the airlines... the choices for shows are too limited and seldom kid friendly.

I just popped in to see what is up with the thread. I am THRILLED to see that it is still going strong. Thanks to Wendy Grace for created the original thread way back when.

A lot of us live on Facebook now. There are several sites for GKTW, fans, volunteers, news, etc. there. You can find many of us from the thread on those posts. If you want my Facebook id... just PM me.

Lysi is still cancer free and going strong. She is a true miracle. My brother-in-laws daughter is a CM now, so we may go there on our way to visit my SIS in Costa Rica next summer.

Blessings to all... PLEASE... ask me any questions you have about planning your Wish Trip.

HUGS TO ALL.

Bill

Thanks for the advice over on Facebook! I'm glad to hear Lysi is doing well!

I posted this on my PTR, but wanted to post it here to so everyone could enjoy it.:hippie:
002-4.jpg

"It was fitting that Mary Blaine, ... was asked to take a bow that evening as she personified the type of person who attends MagicMeets."

Did anyone else notice our very own MAROO noted above in the most recent ALL EARS NET NEWSLETTER!!!

CONGRATS MAROO!!!! :banana:

Lynn

"It was fitting that Mary Blaine, ... was asked to take a bow that evening as she personified the type of person who attends MagicMeets."

Did anyone else notice our very own MAROO noted above in the most recent ALL EARS NET NEWSLETTER!!!

CONGRATS MAROO!!!! :banana:

Lynn

How awesome! Congrats Maroo! You're a DISlebrity!:dance3:

HI everyone,

We are heading for Ann Arbor, MI tomorrow for our pre-op tests. Andrea is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. surgery to replace her Rastelli conduit. The surgery should take around 5 hours. Andrea is almost 9 years old, she will turn 9 next Sunday.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

Diane - I am hoping everything is going well for you and Andrea, and I will keep you both in my prayers.

prayers for Andrea today...her surgery was delayed a few hours, but hoping she's in now.

My planning is starting to get past the dreaming stage. I have read all of the FAQ on the disability board and checked out the airline's website. MAW has given me a good idea of what I need to take and what they can provide (with proper prescriptions of course). Can anyone share personal experiences flying with a ventilator and associated equipment? Karen

I was just reading Andrea's care pages. She came through the heart surgery well, and was out of ICU in less than 24 hours!!! She was even up and walking within 24 hours! She is one strong little girl!

Check out her care pages link in her trip report...andreaswish

Her 9th birthday is coming up, and her mom has psoted the address to the hospital in her journal (I will ask for permission to post here)

Lynn

Maroo!

You are so popular that your PMs are full! I found a Crystal Palace for a party of 8 on 9/30 at 3:15. I didn't know if the time would work or not, so I booked it under my name just in case. If they don't want it, let me know and I will cancel. I didn't want the reservation to be taken by someone else so I booked it.

Stephanie

I noticed that a few of you have mentioned having facebook pages. If anyone wants to add me or the other way around PM with your info or if you feel more comfortable I will give you mine.

Thanks, look forward hearing from you.

Corrine

I noticed that a few of you have mentioned having facebook pages. If anyone wants to add me or the other way around PM with your info or if you feel more comfortable I will give you mine.

Thanks, look forward hearing from you.

Corrine

Great idea Corrine! I'm sending you a PM.

Maroo!

You are so popular that your PMs are full! I found a Crystal Palace for a party of 8 on 9/30 at 3:15. I didn't know if the time would work or not, so I booked it under my name just in case. If they don't want it, let me know and I will cancel. I didn't want the reservation to be taken by someone else so I booked it.

Stephanie

You are so awesome!!

PM me the info that you put on there...confirmation number and such and we can either call and transfer it over OR they can just use the one you guys have.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You are so awesome!!

PM me the info that you put on there...confirmation number and such and we can either call and transfer it over OR they can just use the one you guys have.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent you a PM with the info!

Prayer Request....

Amber Greenawalt - who has been a Mom on here before I got here last year - has 3 children. Her son was granted a wish trip in 2008 because he was treated for cancer. He is now doing well.

Her youngest child, Savannah, has been through many, many tests over the past few months having lots of failure to thrive issues.

They finally have a diagnosis...

Mitochondrial Disease Complex I and III. She has type II muscle atrophy. Her lactate was 22.

I have NO idea what this all means. But it is finally a diagnosis.

Her blog - which is EXCELLENT - is www.greenawaltfamilylife.blogspot.com.

This information is not on there yet...it was on her Facebook page.

Please pray for them. This is obviously distressing to them. Although Savannah is in incredibly capable hands. Her Mom and family are precious and will take INCREDIBLE care of her.

Amber will probably pop in on here at some point, but please leave a comment on her blog, if you are interested in following their story.

Got a message from Diane (Andrea's mom) that Andres's birthday is this Sunday! She will tun 9 recovering from heart surgery!

If you would like to send her a card...

Andrea Avink
C.S.Mott Children's Hospital
Room 5537/5 East
1500 East medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor MI 48109

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter