Major Problem with new Annual Passes

And another shoe drops. You are assuming that this is a system issue. But it maybe a planned change to how the APs work going forward.
It would be a refund for me and a never buy an AP again if that was the case.

Maybe wait to panic until you activate it and the date doesn’t change.
I found the process pretty easy. We were able to buy our DVC AP’s (new) online after waiting for less than 5 minutes in a Que. only hiccup was to buy them individually so you didn’t get charged for two photo passes when only one is needed. But we made park reservations right away, however, we do have hotel stays. Your renewal date will be whenever you activate it first as others have pointed it which is why they have typically given a discount, or at least part of the reason.

I might be over-simplifying, or too trusting, but it seems like the only change is that the AP certificate for new APs now expires one year from purchase. Once it is activated, the actual pass is good for a year from the first date of use. If people previously wanted to buy that certificate to just sit in the account to make park reservations whenever they wanted, that's not going to work anymore. But people buying the certificate today can book park reservations for the upcoming year, right?

I might be over-simplifying, or too trusting, but it seems like the only change is that the AP certificate for new APs now expires one year from purchase. Once it is activated, the actual pass is good for a year from the first date of use. If people previously wanted to buy that certificate to just sit in the account to make park reservations whenever they wanted, that's not going to work anymore. But people buying the certificate today can book park reservations for the upcoming year, right?
If that was the case it would be ok but there needs to be some confirmation of that - with all the changes...

I purchased my Sorcerer AP online earlier (approx 8:10 am). I was routed into a queue for less than one minute then purchase option popped up.
It was very easy - just click click click, enter payment, submit.
My Disney Experience app also says expires 12/2099 but I'm not worried about it. I have one year to activate.
I will pay for individual park pass for my Dec 2021 trip (blocked out) and activate my AP during March 2022 Trip. By then half my AP will have been paid and will be valid until Feb. 2023. I might consider upgrading when I activate and just pay the difference at that point.

Ok everyone here is the answer on this Direct from Disney. The call center is aware the expiration being placed upon the new passes is creating confusion. I discussed this in detail with them and this is what they said:

There has been no change to operation of the Annual Pass Email Vouchers. The clock starts running on the actual annual pass when you go to Guest Services to turn the voucher into your annual pass.

Also if you do not use the Annual Pass Voucher by the expiry date the dollars would flow through to a new Annual Pass.

I expressed to them the problem with Park Reservations System completely in error blocking Park Reservations beyond the expiry date of the new pass and they told me they have been trying to get in touch with other departments to let them know this is creating confusion and consternation.

Bottom line and I asked it 3 times during our conversation to ensure I heard it correctly, there was been no change to actual Annual Pass Expiry rules.

By the way I got through to the call centre in 15 minutes, that my friends is a miracle.

Yes, you can make reservations for next year. I purchased my AP this morning, made March 2022 Reservation and will also activate my pass in March 2022.

Yes, you can make reservations for next year. I purchased my AP this morning, made March 2022 Reservation and will also activate my pass in March 2022.
Correct but if your AP shows an expiration of Sept.7 2022 as ones purchased today do, you can not book Park Reservations at this time past that date of Sept.7 2022.

I purchased my Sorcerer AP online earlier (approx 8:10 am). I was routed into a queue for less than one minute then purchase option popped up.
It was very easy - just click click click, enter payment, submit.
My Disney Experience app also says expires 12/2099 but I'm not worried about it. I have one year to activate.
I will pay for individual park pass for my Dec 2021 trip (blocked out) and activate my AP during March 2022 Trip. By then half my AP will have been paid and will be valid until Feb. 2023. I might consider upgrading when I activate and just pay the difference at that point.

It seems inconsistent. Ap's used to say just that until activated. But it seems a lot of people today like me are seeing Sept.7 2022 for new passes. Of course you are buying a different pass type. I think someone screwed up in programming the Incredipass.

Seems like there is a lot of inconsistencies today. Some people are seeing the 2099 year which is the correct number. What kind of pass did you buy?
Every Sorcerer passholder I have heard from is seeing a 2099 expiry date which is what they used to say. This is pointing towards a coding error for Incredipass sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter