• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maingate East or Nikki Bird?

Kmygrl73

Mouseketeer
Hi. Which of these Holiday Inns would you prefer? The Holiday Inn Maingate East , I can get for $45 with the Entertainment card. I think the Nikki Bird, maybe a little more. Which one is better for 2 adults and 2 very small children? We usually stay onsite at WDW but are taking a very short notice, 4 night trip and staying offsite to be cheap. We will be relying on the hotel for transportation to the MK. Either of these close to stores that you can walk to , to buy baby formula or snacks? We usually rent a car but we actually aren't going to this time. Any advice or comments would be great.

Thanks!!!

I haven't stayed at either. However I will be staying at the Nikki Bird for 5 nights at the beginning of March. I just wanted let you know that if you are the "gambling" type. I got this hotel on Priceline for next month for $27 a night.

We stayed at HI Maingate East in Jan. It was much nicer than I imagined it woul be. We had a kidsuite which was very cute. (a little too cute for my 13 & 9 DS's) I thought younger children would have loved it. The bathroom was large with a fridge and microwave. Seperate vanity/shower area as well. The pool was nice, well heated, large hot tub, lots of activities for kids. Face painting, movie night etc. Great location, 5 minutes from the parks. We paid 65/night for a deluxe Kidsuite so at 45 this would be a good bargain. We have not stayed at NikkiBird, but when we have gone by it it looks very old and run down. It is hard to tell from exterior apperances though. I can't help with the transportaion ??"s we are close enough to drive. With small children though yo might want to reconsider a car rental. I know the off site buses do not run as regularly as WDW buses and you could get stuck waiting with very unhappy children. We had a very positive experince at HI Maingate East and would not hesitiate to stay again.

Thanks for the replies. We decided to spend twice as much and just go with the ASM at WDW. We won't have to worry about transportation and we have stayed there before so we know what to expect. The only thing we have to worry about is the baby formula, diapers etc. I guess we will see if we can mail a package ahead of us that will have all that stuff in it so we will have it. Anybody ever do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter