Main Street Theater project cancelled?

This has me disappointed since this was probably my favorite announcement from D23 (and I was in the room when they announced it). This had much more enthusiasm in the room than when they announced Pixar Pier coming right across the street.

If this indeed is true, Disney building not 2 but 3 DCL ships will now be my favorite announcement followed closely by Tron and the space restaurant.

I would rather them keep the entrance to EPCOT as is and build the theater than have them change the entrance eventually. I’m only saying this in case this is due to budget cuts.

The Hyperion theater productions outclass any shows at WDW, so with luck this will be relocated and replace Carousel of Progress which would be a superior location IMHO.

Never replace Carousel of Progress. Refurb it, but never get rid of that. That was one of Walt’s attractions.

Sorry, but if I recall, didn’t Walt also say the Parks aren’t museums and need to evolve? Or was that someone else? Either way, COP takes up to much valuable space for how many guests experience it (IMHO)

I was never clear as to just what purpose this theater was supposed to serve. Was it going to be stage shows (a la Aladdin at DCA)? A venue for a film? Something else?

Sorry, but if I recall, didn’t Walt also say the Parks aren’t museums and need to evolve? Or was that someone else? Either way, COP takes up to much valuable space for how many guests experience it (IMHO)
Yes he did. However, CoP is a classic Disney attraction. When I was there last, CoP was getting a lot of traffic so it is still a popular attraction for guests to see.

In terms of the theater, a stage show theater will really not fit well with the theme of Tomorrowland in my opinion anyways.

It seems this is being swapped for something else. Apparently Disney is allocating the funds to other things, at least thats how it sounds based on those in the know.

It seems this is being swapped for something else. Apparently Disney is allocating the funds to other things, at least thats how it sounds based on those in the know.

Swapped for something additional or swapped to divert funds to other already known things?

Yes he did. However, CoP is a classic Disney attraction. When I was there last, CoP was getting a lot of traffic so it is still a popular attraction for guests to see.

In terms of the theater, a stage show theater will really not fit well with the theme of Tomorrowland in my opinion anyways.

Well, I would love to see pictures if anyone has some of recent lines for CoP. In my experience it’s seemed more of a refuge for those trying to escape the heat and get off their feet for a bit. BTW, I’ve enjoyed it but I would trade it for a Hyperion style theater. Now if someone does ANYTHING to the Tiki Room I’d probably go postal. For me, that’s far more important. But, to each their own. I’m sure there were folks screamin’ when submarines got yanked..

The Willis Theater announced at D23 is rumord to be canceled. The project was based off of the Willis Theater in Kansas City, Mo. The project would be located behind Main Steet east. Side note I live in Kansas City and I have never heard of the Willis Theater.

The Willis Theater announced at D23 is rumord to be canceled. The project was based off of the Willis Theater in Kansas City, Mo. The project would be located behind Main Steet east. Side note I live in Kansas City and I have never heard of the Willis Theater.
Moving to Rumors and News where it can be Merged to a current thread over there. :)

I live in KC also. The Willis Theater was destroyed in 1917 (looked it up). Supposedly it was located where the Mark Twain Tower is downtown.

It appears to be more money than construction. Site planning and permits had been filed so they knew what they were getting into.

How can it be money?? I'm not doubting you but HOW!? They're basically printing money and have about 100 things planned for the next four years... if they're scaling back on these small projects what's in store for the big ones? It just doesn't make sense.

How can it be money?? I'm not doubting you but HOW!? They're basically printing money and have about 100 things planned for the next four years... if they're scaling back on these small projects what's in store for the big ones? It just doesn't make sense.
IF the rumors are true the money was allocated to other things. What things I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter