Main Street Electrical Parade extended through August?

I did screen shot it earlier! Without a doubt said through August 20th

You're right, it did say August 20th. I went and checked myself when these reports started up.

Either it was a 'glitch' or they are planning to extend and someone jumped the gun. I'm hoping for the latter.

I guess I'm in the minority. I was so looking forward to seeing Paint the Night in July! I will be so disappointed if MSEP is still there.

Yeah me too. We even have a second short trip planned in July to see the rivers, etc. that are closed and I figured if they didn't immediately transfer to PTN after MSEP finished on Sunday that we would have the chance to see PTN in July. Glad this would give us options for seeing the parade and that our only chance woudldn't be the LAST showing, but bummed we would miss PTN since we didn't see it during the 60th as our trip ended on the FIRST showing of that.

Wikipedia MSEP entry is stating that Disney announced yesterday that it would extend to August 20th. Is that true? Was there an official announcement?

Darn. We're coming August 29th so will just miss it. Saw it at WDW. Really neat parade.

I really hope this news isn't true. I did click on it before the link was changed back to June. I was planning a trip that week of August...I was already expecting crazy crowds do to the possible re opening of ROA and the railroad, but if you add in the final days of MSEP...It might be unbearable. Plus, I was REALLY hoping for PTN. My son didn't get to see it during its first run, and it broke his little heart.

Wikipedia MSEP entry is stating that Disney announced yesterday that it would extend to August 20th. Is that true? Was there an official announcement?

No announcement yesterday, just the blunder with the website. Perhaps there will be an announcement on Monday. Or maybe it's an elaborate joke!? We could hope.

I saw this on Wikipedia also.... Hhhmmm... I am hoping for MSEP to be there when we come in July. It would be nice if they moved MSEP back CDL and brought PTN back to DL. I guess we'll have to wait & see....

I'm a little disappointed, only because now I don't foresee PT
n coming back until Christmas time :(

I think they come across as looking really unreliable if they change the date again. I'd like to see MSEP in November, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think they come across as looking really unreliable if they change the date again. I'd like to see MSEP in November, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've never seen PtN so I thought I'd sneak down there for a quick trip this summer to see it. We're going again in October and that'll be all Halloween stuff so I doubt PtN will run during that time. My APs expire in October and I doubt I'll be able to convince my family to renew...I really want to see that darn parade!!

I've never seen PtN so I thought I'd sneak down there for a quick trip this summer to see it. We're going again in October and that'll be all Halloween stuff so I doubt PtN will run during that time. My APs expire in October and I doubt I'll be able to convince my family to renew...I really want to see that darn parade!!
During the 60th anniversary PtN was going on in October so, anything is possible. I was actually disappointed because I wanted to see the Halloween parade and it was replaced with PtN. Btw I really do like PtN and do hope that it returns to DL as I think it is the most amazing parade I have seen there so far but I was disappointed when I planned my WDW trip because after I already started my planning they decided they were moving the MSEP to DL so, I was kind of sad and I can't make it to DL until July so again I was disappointed but thankfully the plans have changed and I do get to see it after all.

I remember now! (You changed your avatar.) You just missed last November. We just caught it on the second to the last day of our November trip. I hope you get to see it! I want to see MSEP since we've never seen it in DL (just DCA and MK). But I don't think there's much chance of that in November.

I remember now! (You changed your avatar.) You just missed last November. We just caught it on the second to the last day of our November trip. I hope you get to see it! I want to see MSEP since we've never seen it in DL (just DCA and MK). But I don't think there's much chance of that in November.

If things continue how they've been going financially for us (I'm self employed so things can and do fluctuate!) then I'll renew our APs...I got see the Christmas decorations with my dad in November (yep...missed PtN by a week!! Haha!) but I'd LOVE for my kids to experience it, so I'm gonna go ahead and say we'll go back some time in the holiday time and HOPEFULLY get to see it!!
But I also hope you get to see MESP. I'm conflicted, you see!! :-)

Having seen MSEP several times at WDW, we were really disappointed with this news. Our family was looking forward to seeing PTN on our first Disneyland trip this July. A bit of relief in a way I suppose though because getting my kids to camp out for hours to see a parade was going to be a real challenge. At least we won't have to concern ourselves with that now :P.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest