mail STILL ISN'T WORKING!! and I am not the only one!

My e-mail (DisMail) has also been out for several weeks. And I too hope everything in there was not lost!

I feel your pain, Teri. I've gotten another e-mail account, but this account is the one I've used for two years now...through a move, through 3 or 4 changes in internet service providers...you name it.

Besides, that's my top-secret e-mail address that my secret high-ranking government official boyfriends use so that my husband won't catch me.

Help, PETE! My love-life is suffering!

Oh, yea. DH said we were expecting an e-mail from Danny's kidnappers in Pakistan into that account too.

I have a year's worth of personal stuff in mine, too. Plus my daughter had other kid pals who sent e-mail to her DISmail account, and she has lost their addresses now... serious bummer.

Mine was doubly painful, I lost my business e-mail account inbox and address book around the same time.

I've already deleted the link to that email.......kinda like using my ISP/Outlook Express now. I've gotten anything of any importance (rewards programs & such) switched to my new one....now I'm jenifer.goodman@verizon.net. Life goes on!

I'm wishing that we could access it as well. I know that I don't use it a whole lot (it's one of many ;) ), but I sure am missing what I do use it for!

Doesn't anyone yet know if DISMail will ever be back or if there is any chance that any of the mail that was in it is recoverable? Inquiring minds want to know! I enjoyed your post Rafiki!

Well, I have emailed Pete from my other address, and I have not received a reply. I can get to my mail at that address that was already in the disneyinfo.com address, but I just cannot receive anything. Don't know whether or not I can send; guess I'll check that by emailing myself to the other address. What is really strange, is that I received a thank-you note by the US postal service from my SIL which said she had been trying to email me, but the emails were returned saying they were too *large* to be delivered! Now what is that about?????

Tech Support has also been waiting for word on the email system from Webmaster Alex or Webmaster Pete. As of yet, we still have not received any word. We'll let you know as soon as we hear something.

Candace, are you saying you are somehow able to access mail in the DISMail system? Share your secret!

amcnj - Yes, I can get to the login screen and even log-in, but when I get to the main menu it is the same 13 messages that have been there for over a month. I cannot receive anything new. Several friends have called to say that messages are being returned.

Interesting - I can't get in at all. At first I could - nothing was there and it was unusable, but I could get in. Now I just get an I-mail login screen, and get a login failure message.

Hmmm. I'm wondering...

I went on and (as usual) didn't get anywhere with my @disneyfan.com address, but I did manage to access the @disneyinfo.com address. Nothing there (I have everything forwarded on that account anyway), but I was able to write and send things from that address.

Now, if they could only get my @disneyfan.com address up and running, I'd be thrilled!

I am in the same boat as Teri, and unfortunately it must be the Titanic. I can only get that I-mail screen , or whatever it is. I also am a disneyfan address, and I guess they are totally useless while the disneyinfo addresses have at least some ability to recognize your existence. I too used to get the login page, but now only get the unrecognized mail service page. I wish I could even remember all the stuff I had in there!

Amcnj- Yes, I use the disneyinfo.com:8383 address. I can get to the mail that has been in there for more than a month, I can send mail, because I have sent test messages to my other address, but I cannot receive. The message I get back, when I try to send to that address is that it is undeliverable because "the user mailbox exceeds the allowed size". I don't know enough about this sort of thing to understand what the h*** that means. I really miss being able to use that address!!

I can't understand how some people can access the site while I cannot, using the exact same web address. At this point I'd be thrilled to be able to do anything! When I put that address in, I get a screen with a yellow rectangle at top which is the login for I-Mail. I Mail server Web Messaging v 7.05. It does have a box for ID and password and a "login" button, but if I use my id and password from DISMail, it won't get me in. How are we getting to two different places using the same address?!?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter