MagicBands/Linked Credit Cards

HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
My MDE account has me, DH, DD, DSis1 and DMIL
DSis2 has her own MDE account with her DH & DD

We are taking a Girls' Trip next month and it is me, DSis1, DMIL and DSis2. I have a credit card and PIN saved in my MDE profile and my DSis2 has the same information saved in her MDE profile.

Since DSis1 and DMIL do not have MDE accounts how do I link their credit card information so when they use their MagicBands their dining & purchases charge to their credit cards and not mine? Can we do this at the resort front desk? Would they also set a PIN at that time? I see on my MDE account that I can set PINs for them but is that for my credit card on file?

TIA!
Debbie

I believe you have to do that at the front desk. If you do it online, it only allows you to put in one credit card. You can also set the PIN (or change it) at the front desk if needed.

If you set a PIN on your MDE Account it is on your Credit Card.
You need to set this up at the Front Desk.

When we checked in last month the clerk asked if we wanted to keep the same PIN number and if DH wanted both of us to be linked to that card (like he had any choice in his answer - one correct answer only!). We would have had the opportunity to change it at that point if we wanted. If you do online check-in and get your room number texted to you, you'd have to go down to the front desk at some point to change it but it only takes a couple of minutes.

Can you do this at any Guest services or only the front desk? (Set up the PIN)
My other cc expired and it locked my PIN out when I added the new card.

When I travel to the World with my friend, we each get our own CC on our own magic band but this definitely must be set up at front desk.

Does it have anything to do with the room? Will the charge go to the room or the credit card. We want it to go to the cc so we don't have a check out.

Does it have anything to do with the room? Will the charge go to the room or the credit card. We want it to go to the cc so we don't have a check out.
If you use a MagicBand, it goes onto your room charge account. If you have a CC on file with the hotel, you should automatically be setup for express checkout. With express checkout, you shouldn't need to stop at the front desk to physically checkout unless there's an issue with the resort posting the room charge balance to your CC.

If you use a MagicBand, it goes onto your room charge account. If you have a CC on file with the hotel, you should automatically be setup for express checkout. With express checkout, you shouldn't need to stop at the front desk to physically checkout unless there's an issue with the resort posting the room charge balance to your CC.
Reason I was asking is I’m at a campsite and as it’s my first time I dont think I have an actual room number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!