I noticed last January when we went to WDW that there were A LOT less Photopass Photographers in all 4 parks. Have more photographers been added/hired this summer? What is your experience/opinion?

I'm just commenting for our upcoming trip, I hope others respond to your question.

Our trip is in late October and we'll be attending only one Boo Bash, from what I'm reading on the Official thread and blogs, lines are very long. I hope to see an improvement during the 50th Anniversary.

I wish there was a way to confirm if Disney PhotoPass is still offering the Orange Bird at Disney Springs. What a great photo and thank you for posting!
This was a mural painted on the outside of the Photopass in DS.. There was a CM at the door (in case of a line, I suppose) and this Orange Bird picture just seemed to be 'part of the package'.. I was like.. "yep, sure, ya betcha!"

I noticed last January when we went to WDW that there were A LOT less Photopass Photographers in all 4 parks. Have more photographers been added/hired this summer? What is your experience/opinion?

One of the reasons I won't pay for MM unless it's included with my AP is the fact that on most of my trips, I often have trouble finding Disney Photographers in places other than the usual places (in front of the park, castle, main attractions). It's frustrating to pay $200, but then you can't find anyone to take the magic shots you want.

Not a magic shot exactly... we were waiting for the next cavalcade and my husband decided to take a 15 minute power nap. I asked the nearest photopass photographer to take a couple of pictures. My husband laughed when he saw them and yes, he got me back on the next trip... when it was my turn to nap..

Not a magic shot exactly... we were waiting for the next cavalcade and my husband decided to take a 15 minute power nap. I asked the nearest photopass photographer to take a couple of pictures. My husband laughed when he saw them and yes, he got me back on the next trip... when it was my turn to nap..

View attachment 600841

Too funny....and something I would sooooo do....

Update: Post #6 PhotoPass Studios & Locations

At Disney Springs
New for 2021
- Princess Themed Backdrop!
View attachment 599969

I know what some might be thinking, is the mask really necessary?
For now it's a mandate, indoors on Disney property.

We're not here to debate.

Just think of it as an opportunity for your kids to explain to their kids (far into the future) what a pandemic is, so they too can understand.
It's your kids story to tell. :flower3:
Well said, FoxC.
There is no list. Unfortunately it's too difficult to create one, too many changes and no clear direction from Disney's PhotoPass since the pandemic began.

What I'm currently working on are the Main Pages of this thread starting with Post #1 thru Post #13, by adding what might be currently available. Again, Disney has changed their facebook and have been limiting information on all photos, videos etc. That's why there was a major pause on updating this thread.
UPDATE: Post #1 thru Post #9 have been updated. Without reposting all the photos and information, I personally invite you to have a look see starting with the Main Page, where you'll find direct links to all parks, special events and more! Post #1 - Why hello there! For any newbies, that's actually a link. ;)
As I have said several times in the past, thanks so much for all the work and dedication you put into this Magic Shots thread, keeping it updated and all. Much appreciated, FoxC.

One of the reasons I won't pay for MM unless it's included with my AP is the fact that on most of my trips, I often have trouble finding Disney Photographers in places other than the usual places (in front of the park, castle, main attractions). It's frustrating to pay $200, but then you can't find anyone to take the magic shots you want.

Just adding this bit for newbies,

Not all PhotoPass photographers are trained to do Magic Shots.
Those that are trained, earn slightly more money.
If you ask, they can do a few different Magic Shots at one location and you can move around like turn to change the direction of the background. You can kneel, sit on a bench, ledge or on the ground.
It's all about the interaction and how prepared or spontaneous you are.

There is an exception, photographers using tripods. Those are stationary and set for specific background and/or Magic Shot but you can still ask for different images.

Lastly, Disney welcomes all feedback, good or bad. If you find yourself with a bad experience take a photo and share it with Disney, same can be said about a great experience. I honestly don't see a lot of shout outs to Disney photographers and those shout outs mean a great deal to all Cast Members.

Or make your own! Sorry @cyndiella, I couldn't resist! So adorable as always! :hug:

Last edited:
Just adding this bit for newbies,

Not all PhotoPass photographers are trained to do Magic Shots.
Those that are trained, earn slightly more money.
If you ask, they can do a few different Magic Shots at one location and you can move around like turn to change the direction of the background. You can kneel, sit on a bench, ledge or on the ground.
It's all about the interaction and how prepared or spontaneous you are.

There is an exception, photographers using tripods. Those are stationary and set for specific background and/or Magic Shot but you can still ask for different images.

Lastly, Disney welcomes all feedback, good or bad. If you find yourself with a bad experience take a photo and share it with Disney, same can be said about a great experience. I honestly don't see a lot of shout outs to Disney photographers and those shout outs mean a great deal to all Cast Members.

Or make your own! Sorry @cyndiella, I couldn't resist! So adorable as always! :hug:
View attachment 600991
Hehehe.... I am also a cat lady, so.... hehehehe

Everything you said was true according to my experience.. Just want to add one thing. most photographers WHO CAN DO MAGIC SHOTS can only do 2 or 3.. not the whole catalog. But if you ask nicely, they will give you those that they have. Also, some MS's seem to be time sensitive, meaning they can only be taken during specific times of the day or at night time.. some need a dark background, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter