Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

We are joining you!!! :woohoo: It will be myself and DH, Dennis with son, Jeff (35) and grandson, Aaron (turns 14 on the cruise!) in another room. This will be number 15 Disney cruise for Dennis and I, number 2 for Jeff and number 4 for Aaron. (grandma and grandpa like to take him along once in awhile. :hug:)
Looks like we may not have too much of a crowd. We are platinum, but need to make a final payment before we can book anything onboard. We just booked today and will get payment made within a week. This will be our first trip to GC. We have done the western once, but that one went to Costa Maya instead of GC. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hello and welcome! This will be our first visit to GC as well. Yes, it does look like we'll have a smaller group but that will be rather refreshing after our cruise last year. It will be just DW and myself this cruise. We'll be celebrating our anniversary and the pursuit of the perfect cocktail. Looking forward to meeting you all as well. Welcome aboard!

Would LOVE a martini tasting - so far we have done wine and champagne tastings. They were fun :)

We visited GC last year while on the Fantasy - we did the turtle farm. It was a good way to kill a few hours - kids enjoyed it.

TempusFugit: I honeymooned in Cozumel ... and have been there once again last Sept. What type of thing are you interested in?

Nothing booked for us yet. Prob only going to do the Palo brunch or dinner - not sure which yet :)

It's always better to have company at tastings! We always do martini and we'd like to do mixology this time. We've heard great things about it.

Btw, my name is Jay, and dw is Katie. As you know we can't book tastings until on board, but we probably will after boarding. It be great if you'd join us.

Paid up and booked Palo brunch! :dance3: We sail in 78 days. :cool1:

We have sailed 4 days, 7 days, 10 days, 14 days and 15 days, but never a 5 day. So, I called DCL to find out if there is a formal night or not on the 5 day. I LOVE calling DCL and being put on hold. I usually hope they won't answer until the song ends...and then another great Disney song comes on and again I am thinking "don't answer for just another couple of minutes." :lmao::rotfl2: Silly old Disney geek. Anyway, they said no formal, but they do have one night they are calling a dress up night, nothing too fancy though. So, I said "church clothes then" and he laughed and said, yes that would be perfect. :rotfl: So, skirt and nice top for me and slacks and dress shirt for DH. That will be easy packing.

It's always better to have company at tastings! We always do martini and we'd like to do mixology this time. We've heard great things about it.

Btw, my name is Jay, and dw is Katie. As you know we can't book tastings until on board, but we probably will after boarding. It be great if you'd join us.

It is for sure more fun to do tastings with DIS friends! :dance3: We have enjoyed martini and beer a lot. Mixology seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it has been really fun and others not so much.

Ok I think you have officially renamed semi formal night to "church clothes night" . I like it!

Thanks for the heads up about mixology. DW really wants to try it plus I was a bartender back in college long ago (yes, in a galaxy far far away). We won't allow it to be anything but a blast. We'll definitely still be doing martini. Every time we've gone to one it's been diffe

rent. That's part of the fun. Of course the end is always the same with lots of empty martini glasses.

Congrats on booking Palo brunch. While I'm not a "foodie" I know good food and that's a meal that's hard to top. What day are you going? Ours will be the second sea day.

The five day itinerary is fun. We did a five day double dip last July and it was great. We'd always want more time onboard but, as we're leaving our boys with the grandparents, we'll be missed if we're gone much longer .

Ok I think you have officially renamed semi formal night to "church clothes night" . I like it!

Thanks for the heads up about mixology. DW really wants to try it plus I was a bartender back in college long ago (yes, in a galaxy far far away). We won't allow it to be anything but a blast. We'll definitely still be doing martini. Every time we've gone to one it's been diffe

rent. That's part of the fun. Of course the end is always the same with lots of empty martini glasses.

Congrats on booking Palo brunch. While I'm not a "foodie" I know good food and that's a meal that's hard to top. What day are you going? Ours will be the second sea day.

The five day itinerary is fun. We did a five day double dip last July and it was great. We'd always want more time onboard but, as we're leaving our boys with the grandparents, we'll be missed if we're gone much longer .

We booked brunch for the first sea day.

At Mixology on the TA they had all the ingredients set out for us and we each mixed our own. On the recent PC they had already mixed the drinks and just had them sitting for us to try. One person got to get up and mix a full size of each drink. The mix them ourselves was way more fun!

Is anyone interested in a 3pm meet and greet at Promenade Lounge on embarkation day? We are a small group, but it would be fun to put faces with names so we can say howdy around the ship.

Did anyone else get an email today from DCL? They are giving us $100 OBC!! :dance3: It mentions that we are platinum, so I'm not sure if they are giving it to every Castaway Club level or not. I'm a happy camper (sailor!) though. We transferred this from an onboard booking so we already had some OBC. Thank you for the extra magic, DCL!! :yay:

Sadly no such email here. We're not platinum though and booked through a TA. I'll have to send an email inquiry. This reservation is a moved onboard booking as well. Thanks for the heads up.

We are joining you!!! :woohoo: It will be myself and DH, Dennis with son, Jeff (35) and grandson, Aaron (turns 14 on the cruise!) in another room. This will be number 15 Disney cruise for Dennis and I, number 2 for Jeff and number 4 for Aaron. (grandma and grandpa like to take him along once in awhile. :hug:)
Looks like we may not have too much of a crowd. We are platinum, but need to make a final payment before we can book anything onboard. We just booked today and will get payment made within a week. This will be our first trip to GC. We have done the western once, but that one went to Costa Maya instead of GC. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Angie!!!! We are going on this cruise too!!! We just booked last night for my birthday!! So excited to see you guys again!!

Sadly no such email here. We're not platinum though and booked through a TA. I'll have to send an email inquiry. This reservation is a moved onboard booking as well. Thanks for the heads up.

We booked thru a TA as well. I checked with our son and he also did not get an email. He is still silver,:sad2: but working on platinum some day! :thumbsup2

Angie!!!! We are going on this cruise too!!! We just booked last night for my birthday!! So excited to see you guys again!!

Will you have your birthday on the ship, or is it now and this is your gift? Grandson Aaron will turn 14 on Nov 3 aboard ship.

Your grandson was born on a fantastic day! The 3rd is our anniversary.

I have a question. As you've had a good bit of DCL experience, would either of you be willing too organize our FE group? I have no experience organizing such things and am more of an abstract thought kinda guy. (i.e. DW handles the checkbook). We're a small group so it shouldn't be too bad. It might help to wake this crew up if there is something concrete to plan for.

I'm very excited to have new members to our group and an looking forward to meeting you!

Your grandson was born on a fantastic day! The 3rd is our anniversary.

It IS a good day! :thumbsup2

I have a question. As you've had a good bit of DCL experience, would either of you be willing too organize our FE group? I have no experience organizing such things and am more of an abstract thought kinda guy. (i.e. DW handles the checkbook). We're a small group so it shouldn't be too bad. It might help to wake this crew up if there is something concrete to plan for.

I'm very excited to have new members to our group and an looking forward to meeting you!

I would be willing to make the list of staterooms and distribute it, if there is interest. Jump in folks and give us a yea or nay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter