Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

JennLK

DIS Veteran
Who is coming with us? Surely we are not on this ship alone.

We were originally booked on the Nov 3 Dream, but once we saw the changes coming to the Magic we knew we had to see them. This will be the 4th sailing post dry dock so I am thinking most kinks should be worked out by then

:) Excited!!!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

Hello! You are not alone! :thumbsup2

We will be onboard with you 11/1. Thank you for starting this thread. I do wonder if this sailing won't be busy due to the date (having to travel on Haloween) and the port. Miami is not the easiest to get to for some.

We booked this cruise before the Magic's upgrades were officially announced and are anxious to see the ship's new looks. I agree this cruise will be a perfect time to enjoy all the new upgrades while minimizing the kinks that go with construction.

Looking forward to meeting you. We had a great meet and FE group last July on the Dream; some of whom we still keep in touch with. It would be great to make new friends this fall.

The traveling on Halloween did give us pause for a minute. My daughter is 13, won't care too much. My son is 4 and another story. He will care - and I am hoping to meet up with a friend in Ft Myers and perhaps do some trick or treating there - or at least get him dressed to go somewhere!

Miami was a bit pricey for us to fly into. We are flying into Tampa very early the day before and driving from there.

I agree. It's at least and additional 50% more to fly into Miami over Orlando. But the big hitch is the limited number fights there from Indy. Well, we figured it'll be worth it to see the Magic again. She was practically a new ship when we sailed her on our honeymoon back in 2000 and I haven't laid eyes on her since. We have since sailed on the Wonder and Dream but the Magic will always be special. We hope to cruise on the Fantasy in the future to join the "Grand slam club".

Hopefully we'll get some more members joining us so we can form even s small FE group. Last July, on a Dream double dip, there were enough to break into two groups. That was peak vacation time and a larger ship. This is sort of an odd cruise due to itinerary and port so I don't expect we'll have near that amount. But even a small group would be a good time.

I agree. It's at least and additional 50% more to fly into Miami over Orlando. But the big hitch is the limited number fights there from Indy. Well, we figured it'll be worth it to see the Magic again. She was practically a new ship when we sailed her on our honeymoon back in 2000 and I haven't laid eyes on her since. We have since sailed on the Wonder and Dream but the Magic will always be special. We hope to cruise on the Fantasy in the future to join the "Grand slam club".

Hopefully we'll get some more members joining us do we can form even s small FE group. Last July, on a Dream double dip, there were enough to break into two groups. That was peak vacation time and a larger ship. This is sort of an odd cruise tune due to itinerary and port so I don't expect we'll have near that amount. But even a small group would be a good time.

A small group would be great! After this cruise, we just need to get on the Wonder for our Grand Slam. We did the Fantasy last Sept. We had a fairly large group, which surprised me, since kids were supposed to be back in school :).

Booking the Wonder after the dry dock upgrades would be perfect timing. :thumbsup2 DW turns 40 next year so that will give us an excuse to sail on the Fantasy in the fall of '14.

We are sailing on this cruise, too! So excited. We sailed on the Magic in August 2012 out of NY to Canada. The kids were a bit disappointed we had chosen the same ship for our second cruise. But can't wait to see all the upgrades now!
After the cruise we are driving to Orlando for some WDW time :cool1:
Missy

I wish we would have taken advantage when the Magic was in NY. I would have loved to have seen her in her current state but we are really excited for the upgrades as well

tvmissy said:
We are sailing on this cruise, too! So excited. We sailed on the Magic in August 2012 out of NY to Canada. The kids were a bit disappointed we had chosen the same ship for our second cruise. But can't wait to see all the upgrades now!
After the cruise we are driving to Orlando for some WDW time :cool1:
Missy

Hello, and welcome! Very glad you'll be sailing with us. The Magic is a very special ship and I'm sure you'll all have a great time. You're right, it'll be like a new ship though I hope and suspect there will be plenty of classic ship "soul" left.

Hey there. We'll be onboard with all of you in November! It will be me, my husband, our 5 year old son, and 3 year old twin girls. We're also bringing my father in law and his g/f (this will be her FIRST cruise!)

The last time I was on DCL was back in 1999 on the Wonder. Since then, we hadn't had kids and went on Carnival and RC. Now that our family is complete, we're doing more kid-oriented vacations. We went to Disney World last Spring Break and now our son's birthday trip will be on this cruise. The kids are beyond excited to go on another "big boat", especially since Mickey and Minnie are coming too.

We'll be coming from SC; trick or treating with family that night and leaving around 9pm, when daddy gets home from work, and driving straight through to Miami!

Your son will have such great birthday on this cruise :) We will be flying into Tampa on the 31st so I am hoping to find somewhere between there and Miami for Halloween festivities

Hello and welcome StriplingSC! We're glad you joined us . We first sailed DCL around the time you first did. My how things have changed. Your son is going to have a great birthday and I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time. Be careful, sounds like you might be worn out when you arrive.

Last July on the Dream we arranged an adults' get-together one evening where several of us met at one of the lounges (Skyline actually) to have a drink and talk. We did it mid-cruise to swap stories and share pointers for the rest of the voyage. It was a great time. Perhaps ,since your father in law is coming, you guys can get away.:drinking1

Probably in the near future we should consider organizing for an FE.

Once again, glad to have you aboard!

Alright Mateys!

Today we are 90 days out from our cruise. Those that have sailed before and are Castaway Club Silver now's the time to book your excursions, special dining, ,spa goodies and the all important Port Arrival time. That is unless you're Gold level or higher and have already booked, or are a maniac like me and stay up 'till midnight to jump and then sleep in. (right, like the boys will let that happen! :eek:)

Just a friendly reminder. Check in when you can. I'll be back tomorrow to report. :cool2:

Wow! Sorry guys. I had made a somewhat long follow up post from my phone. It's not here so I'm doubting it made it through. I really hope it didn't get listed till the wrong forum. (Yikes!)

I'll post again when I'm at work and get my hands on a solid keyboard.

OK, that's better. :thumbsup2

This may be a little abbreviated from my first attempt but I thought I'd share with the Miami Magic crew. I didn't expect everything to be immediately booked due to the (hopefully) lower numbers of passengers on this sailing. However, I am not a gambler and there a couple of things I didn't want to leave to chance. Sooooo..after a long work week and the boys were in bed and DW and I had finished "house business" I was on the couch, had my bloodshot eyes on the laptop with Psych reruns playing off the DVR just before midnight. And no, "house business" is not a euphemism for reason we have sons (but I now like that as a future code phrase). Katie was curled up next to me and had already drifted off while the OCD corner of my brain kicked into overdrive. Mental checkoff - passports, airline documents and DCL reservation info all prepped and ready to go. I wasn't too distracted by the TV. I already knew where the pineapple was in this episode. After logging in, a few clicks of the refresh button and I was in.

It was remarkably easy actually. Being able to complete check-in and make reservations at the same time was a huge plus considering last year one was available and midnight and the other not until 3am. There was no way I was making it that far so would chance it but DCL finally ironed out that wrinkle. We scored the coveted 11am port arrival. :woohoo:. This was a big one for us as we'll be down before and, while Miami is nice, we'll have see what we want of it and will be ready to go. Plus I have to get on and make my reservations for mixology and martini tasting before lunch. Who doesn't right? I also booked the only other requirement, Palo brunch. This is easily the best meal we've had on a cruise regardless of line and we'll be there the second sea day. We'll be celebrating our anniversary so I made a reservation for Palo dinner as well. The only excursion I booked was for Grand Cayman, the Nemo underwater tour and snorkel. We both really like to snorkel but I'm sitting on
the fence about keeping this one. We've been on several cruises but this will be our first visit to GC and I'd really like to see some of the island. I'm open to, and would appreciate any suggestions, perhaps for Cozumel, if you have any.

That pretty much wraps it up for us. Though I mentioned it in jest we really enjoy the martini and other tastings and will probably book a couple of those once we board. They're a blast. Last year we actually got a number of us from our FE group to do the martini together- fun and great way to get to know each other. We'd love any of the crew here to join us.

So guys, how did you do? Good PAT or activities booked? I can't be the only maniac.pirate:

Ps. I forgot earlier, I booked the exotic rasul spa treatment. We've read tons of great things about that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter