Magic Mobile vs. Magic Band

I don’t on my watch! I also don’t have to enter a password to use Apple Pay on my watch.
So do you double tap the Digital Crown or the Side Button to use Apple Pay with your watch? Did you have to double tap the watch to enter a park? And did your watch pick up long-distance ride photos like a MB does?

Did you have to double tap the watch to enter a park?
It operates in "Express Mode" which means you just need to hold either your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the touch point at the park entrance. No need to unlock you phone/watch and no need to open the wallet app.

The only time you should need to open the wallet app is if it contains tickets/passes for other people in your party.

And did your watch pick up long-distance ride photos like a MB does?
That's not a supported feature of MagicMobile on the Apple Watch, but is a feature on your iPhone.

Don't own an apple phone or an apple watch, we are android folks. When it comes available on android, probably still use magic band. I own one in every color in both the original style and the new style.

It operates in "Express Mode" which means you just need to hold either your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the touch point at the park entrance. No need to unlock you phone/watch and no need to open the wallet app.

The only time you should need to open the wallet app is if it contains tickets/passes for other people in your party.
Thanks, that's what I thought.
That's not a supported feature of MagicMobile on the Apple Watch, but is a feature on your iPhone.
Thanks. So long-distance ride photos will pick up the signal from your iPhone in your purse or pocket?

Can you tell I can hardly wait to use my Apple Watch as my MB in June? I do plan to carry a MB puck in my purse, though!

Ask me in June - we’re going the 4th to 11th and plan to use our Apple Watches. I’ll have a MB puck in my pocket just in case, though! (Actually, I think I’ll need the puck for photos, not sure.)
Would love to see how it works out for you! We are going on the 11th.

Yes I have this week!! With Apple, I added my park pass to my “wallet” and same as any other card in there, double click the button on the right to find and use. I also love that I can use Apple Pay anywhere.
One cast member at Magic Kingdom hadn’t seen anyone use the Apple Watch to tap in and was excited to witness!
This is exciting! I added the pass to my Apple Watch as I would prefer to not have to wear a magic band and watch, but I ended up getting a $5 magic band for my June trip and may keep it in my backpack just in case. I love using Apple Pay on my watch so sounds like MagicMobile on the watch will be just as convenient.

I have always loved Magicbands and enjoyed wearing them but this next trip I'll be trying MM with my Apple Watch to test it out. I'll have a MB as a backup.

I have an iphone but no watch. I'm guessing since my 7 year old son doesn't have either, he'll still need his MB also. I just don't think my cell will be as convenient as the MB has been. And like a PP said, runs down my battery, pulling it out of my backpack constantly or wherever I have it stored... I don't see an upside for me using MM currently.

I know this isn't MB/MM input but the new Keys to the World card are an option and they are too stinking cute!
My son was happy to get a "grim grinning ghosts" (hitchhiking ghosts) one the night he forgot his MB. (I couldn't figure out MM and waited in line at Guest Relations for a card instead).

I used my iPhone for the MM last week because I got rid of my old MBs a year ago when I was doing COVID Clutter Control because “we always get another free one” 🤦🏻‍♀️

I found it to be kind of a pain in the butt - I don’t tend to use Apple Wallet often and it didn’t seem to work for me if I didn't open the wallet. Our DS17 has an Android so we got him a KTTW and he just strolled right in and laughed at us trying to be all “high tech”. I stuck with it because I didn’t want to spend the money on a Magic Band and I never bothered to get KTTW for myself mainly because I wanted to prove to the kid that I am “hip and relevant” by using the latest tech! 🤣

I’m going tomorrow-May 2 and plan on using Magic Mobile. It’s a more lax of a trip as only doing two park days. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Well everyone, I lasted 12 hours before I activated my magic band. 😂
Mainly didn’t love that I couldn’t get into the health club, pool, or side doors with Magic Mobile.

Last edited:
Many of the hotel chains that I use offer digital keys for your phone. I usually get one and I got the Magic Mobile as well, but I always get a physical key and a Magic Band as well. BTW, the Magic Bands last a really long time. I have some that are 3 years old and still work.

So can 1 or 2 Magic Bands be used for everyone in the group? I see the benefit if it'll be picked up for memory maker ride photos, but don't want to splurge for 4.

So can 1 or 2 Magic Bands be used for everyone in the group? I see the benefit if it'll be picked up for memory maker ride photos, but don't want to splurge for 4.
As far as picking up long-distance ride photos, one MB will work if everyone rides together. If the group will split up (including ride in separate ride vehicles) then you’d need one MB per group or vehicle.

If you book a Disneyworld Vacation package and staying at a Disneyworld resort with Park tickets, do they still send you the Magic Bands for your stay?

or

Is that an option now?

Am I to also assume that the Magic Mobile is able to also open your room door if you stay at a Disney resort?

Yes I have this week!! With Apple, I added my park pass to my “wallet” and same as any other card in there, double click the button on the right to find and use. I also love that I can use Apple Pay anywhere.
One cast member at Magic Kingdom hadn’t seen anyone use the Apple Watch to tap in and was excited to witness!

we are here now and I want to try the watch. Ive been using the phone. Do you just open your wallet on the watch and use it like a magic band?

If you book a Disneyworld Vacation package and staying at a Disneyworld resort with Park tickets, do they still send you the Magic Bands for your stay?

or

Is that an option now?

Am I to also assume that the Magic Mobile is able to also open your room door if you stay at a Disney resort?

They are no longer free with a stay. You would have to purchase them. I couldn't get the room to open with my watch, had to use the app "open my door" feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter