Magic Mobile vs. Magic Band

I do not plan to. I will always have a MB or KTTW with me, if only as a backup for entering my resort room should my phone be lost or severely damaged. Also, at this time, I cannot upgrade my MDE to the most recent release because it does not support my phone, and the phone I want to upgrade to won’t be out until late next year. I am not sure if I can even download MM at this time. I am OK with giving them time to work out the bugs, but I will still want an alternate method for my resort room door regardless.

I still feel like this was just a way for them to start charging for magic bands without people complaining. It's far from convenient, and as far as I can tell, it offers no advantages over just using the bands. It does however offer an alternative so that the magic bands are now an option instead of a requirement for the full experience. Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense to me.

Yes I have this week!! With Apple, I added my park pass to my “wallet” and same as any other card in there, double click the button on the right to find and use. I also love that I can use Apple Pay anywhere.
One cast member at Magic Kingdom hadn’t seen anyone use the Apple Watch to tap in and was excited to witness!

Isn't Mobile Magic just working on Apple now, not Android? At least that's what I read. I would think they'd have to have something besides Mobile Magic for now.

Used a combo of magic mobile and KTTW cards on our last trip in February. I found them both equally as convenient. I think magic bands are definitely more convenient and loved it when included, but personally I dont see the value in it when it includes an additional fee. I know in the grand scheme of a disney trip, $5 is nothing, but I think its more of the principle for me. If I have free options I will utilize those.

I also never liked having my apple watch on one wrist and the band on my other wrist. Just was too much for me. Looking forward to testing out the apple watch capabilities in October, but most likely will stick to the KTTW card.

Does anyone know if you can get the Keys to the Kingdom cards at the resort? Someone in another thread mentioned getting them at the parks, but I would imagine you could get them at the resort as well.

By not giving away Magic Bands, use of magic mobile will increase. If Magic Mobile works well, use of it will increase more. Disney can easily add more features to Magic Mobile, making it more enticing.

Eventually, Magic Band use will just fade away, like pay phones.

For now, you can try both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!